Favorite Episode of the Podcast?

This is kind of a no brainer idea for a topic, of course, but what are your guy’s favorite episodes of the podcast and why?

I’ve been a part of a bunch of them, so it’s harder for me to pick because they all kind of blur together. However, I’ve narrowed most of them down to my own personal Top 5, in no particular order, because why not?

1. Episode 76 - Antagonist of the Roller Coaster
This was the one with Nyra and the Church of Batman, where she spirals into a tirade about gun control. This is also the episode feature the first appearance of my hobo story, which happened in an old abandoned apartment building and is still one of my favorite stories that I’ve ever told. Ironically, it also starts with Var talking about GTA V, which is much more relevant nowadays.

2. Episode 90 - Glow in the Teeth Dark
I specifically like this one because it was the first episode where we used a new form of recording, and the podcast sounds so much better for it. I’ve listened to that intro about ten times, it’s just something about the way it’s layered that really stands out to me. It’s also the beginning of the Ninjago controversy, which would then see it’s triumphant conclusion in “The Glory of Mother China”.

3. Episode 92 - The Glory of Mother China
I don’t actually get to get into many honest discussions about being Asian, and controversy like this about Ninjago was something I could actually speak to from my experiences as an Asian American, and the whole “White Culture vs. Asian Culture” thing that overtook the forum at that time and place. It was nice being able to speak my mind about something from my own perspective. Social justice is kind of a double edged sword, so I thought addressing it was a good place to get some honest discussion going.

4. Episode 86 - Christmas Special 2013
We’ve had several Christmas specials in the past, but this one had a full house. The amount of cast members was overwhelming (Meso, Var, Eljay, me, Venom, Invi, Ian, Nyra, Viper and C4), but we had such a great time. It featured the debut of Viper as an actual cast member, and also gave way to the best joke about Ian ever that you will never hear because Meso edited it out (goshdangit, Meso). But man, was that episode great. Skip that stupid story of Eljay’s because it’s long and boring, but it’s worthwhile to just see the sparks fly in the interaction. Although, to be fair, that episode was nothing compared to the afterparty we had on webcam. Christmas is pretty great, y’all.

5. TTV Special Comic Maker Interview 1 - Kahinuva
Back when comics were basically my sole involvement with the Bionicle fandom, I asked for an interview from TTV in the hopes that it would boost publicity for my topic (they had just hit it big by interviewing Leigh Gallagher at the time). They were featured on the front page and all that, and eventually through scheduling I was able to get on an interview with Meso, Var, Eljay, and Tom. We had a great time, they let me hang out in the chat for a while, and eventually Var suggested I just be on the podcast because I was just there and was free. I didn’t have to do the whole application thing back in those days =P. Ever since then, it’s been a great ride, but I’ve got to pay homage to the episode that started it all.

BONUS: Whichever episode is Alena’s last episode. No wait, which ever episode is AFTER Alena’s last episode, since she’s not in that one. Yeah, that’s a good one just on principle.

6 Likes

Episode 46 - Crying for Yodels
This episode was one of the first I listened to, the mentioning of a unreleased TTV episode ‘Makuta: The cyanide jelly bean’ which has me curious of what kind of discussions came up during that secret episode. Halo 4 hype train, and Mass effect 3 discussion. Which contains Eljay’s life problems of changing helmets in Halo and Kahi the pumpkin. Plus the funny story revelations were great, some Zaktan discussion in there too :smile:.

3 Likes

I know this is a Recent one, but rise of AppLego was pretty funny.

3 Likes

It would be the ones where TTV talked about LEGO Legends of Chima news, which is especially the case with the 2014 LEGO Legends of Chima Constraction Figure controversy!!! Plus, Episode 100 was one of my favourite TTV podcasts because of the history of the TTV Podcast that was talked about in that episode!

A few that stood out for me were:
99-The Great Creeper Debate, because that one bit alone was just so funny!
91-Came in Like a Wrecking Ball. Funny story, I listened to the part with Kahi’s story early in the morning, and I actually got pretty scared!
63-Bionicle Comic Artwork Commentary (pretty sure that was the first episode I’d seen)
105-Rise of AppLego, fun!
I also enjoyed ep 100, 87-New Year’s Special, 94-Smell of Nose, and of course the very recent Bionicle speculation episodes.

2 Likes

Its hard to name a favorite episode so I’ll name a few of the top of my head:
Podcast 7: fur elise
After hearing about the hilarity of it on the 100th podcast I decided to download it on iTunes and boy was it hilarious, I mean the long way the podcast and crew have come and the high light of the podcast episode itself: eljay calling a lego store about the new hf sets was gold.
The 2012 toyfair podcast episode
Because it was my first TTV episode and it will remain so forever.
These are just from the top of my head and come on all the episodes are great I cant pick a favorit…
Podcast 90 glow in the teeth dark
Complete gold as Viper makes herself memorable by the iconic phrase: glow in the teeth dark. Not to mention that misunderstanding about Vipers opinion on bionicle 06.

1 Like

Episode 99: The great creeper debate Simply because of eljay’s insanity about the lighting effects.

“All aboard the hype train!” was my fav

107 and 99.

I don’t really have a top-five or definitive favorites, but here goes.

All ABOARD THE HYPE-TRAIN! (because Bionicle)

Interview with Greg Farshtey (maybe not an actual episode, but still)

Bird Tanks and Croc Planes (just hearing your first impressions on Chima)

Bionicle comic artwork commentary (it was interesting hearing your opinions about this art)

Crocking up some justice (I really lolled at this)

2 Likes

The Three Virtues - 064 - Story Time with TTV

This one was great. The discussion about Kini’s house falling into the pit was hilarious! This episode is also one of my favorites because it started the tradition of the cast telling stories from their life, which is my favorite part of the podcast now.

The The Virtues - 077 - Should’ve Bought a Hybrid

This is the episode where Kahi vandalized his friend truck. That was great!

The Three Virtues - 091 - Came in Like a Wrecking Ball

Kahi’s tale about the trailer park at night was excellent. I actually got a bit scared by it!

The TTV Podcast - 100 - Sarah McLachlan is My Hero

Not only was this episode chock full of great discussion and interesting announcements, but it was such an important milestone! Certainly one of my favorites!

3 Likes

I moved 6 posts to an existing topic: Favorite podcast moment?

Episode 100:Sarah McLachian is My Hero would have to be my favorite because that was when I actually started tuning in to their podcast

1 Like

Birds with Arms Because.

the christmas story was beautiful

New favorite: triggle warning: Nazi ant regime.

Hash brown logic and another good one was kahis stob story

My favorite new favorite is episode 189.
Edit: Oh who am I kidding? Every new episode is my favorite?

TTE was my faveorite.

That counts, right?

Hash Brown Logic
And
142: Birds With Arms