Favorite Hero Factory villain

Interpolar bear is best villian

4 Likes

The Brain Attack villains seemed to be made up of mythical creatures. Ogrum was an ogre, Pyrox was supposed to be a Minotaur even though he looked more like a demon, Frost Beast was a yeti, and Dragon Bolt was obviously a dragon. Since the beginning of its existence humanity has always told stories of terrible beasts and monsters to teach a point or as allegory to convey fear of real or abstract things. What is more, they also embodied the elements of nature. Aquagon’s elemental theme was water, Bruizer, stone, Pyrox, fire, etc.

We have always had to deal with deadly natural phenomena as a species that could quite likely destroy us and we have virtually no control over these phenomena. One of the most primal forms of fear is fear of a lack of control, especially over something as dangerous and uncontrollable as an earthquake, tsunami, volcanic eruption, and so on.

3 Likes

Indeed.

Man, humans sure are scared of a lot. XP

Remember Rotor’s biohazard gas emitter and gas theme along with his gas mask?

Biological weapons hold terrifying power. A genetically engineered disease could have devastating effects on any given population, even very large ones. Fear of these weapons is very real. An airborne pathogen (though I must admit I am at a loss for an explanation of how a biological hazard would have any effect on “living” robots like the heroes as machines don’t get ill. Metal eating bacteria, perhaps?) would be extremely difficult to evade, and as we all know fear of a lack of control and death are practically the most common and powerful kinds of fear. If that isn’t terrifying, I don’t know what is.

4 Likes

Too bad he never used it in the show, that would’ve been awesome :disappointed:

1 Like

The world can be a very dangerous and frightening place.:smiling_imp:

I could go on. I interpreted Witch Doctor as a fear of magic/ the supernatural. It seems silly at first but just remember all the people burned at the stake for “witchcraft” a couple of hundred years ago.

Like you said, Splitface could very likely represent a fear of mental illnesses like the one he seems to have, Dissociative Identity Disorder, a real disorder that causes people’s consciousness to be fragmented into multiple identities or personalities, and stigma of mental illnesses is alive and well.

Death by radiation poisoning through a nuclear meltdown or nuclear weapons would be a pretty unpleasant way to die (obviously Meltdown) which could potentially cause terror.

Ah, the joy of starting a conversation over the psychological symbolism of a few toys. Nothing like over analysing a few plastic figures. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Well, how about Ordeal of Fire being a straight up drug metaphor? XP

3 Likes

Set Wise: Witch Doctor

Character Wise: Von Nebula

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure Bruzer was supposed to represent a golem or something and Aquagon was a… pirate or something idek

How does Aquagon look like a pirate?

Mostly the swords.
Because I really can’t remember any ocean creature that fits Aquagon.

Creature from the black lagoon?

1 Like

Most likely.

Pretty sure Aquagon isn’t really supposed to represent any one particular sea creature as he has different physical traits from different aquatic animals. He has squid or octopus tentacles an his ankles and fish fins on the side of his face.

1 Like

Before he was mutated he was like a mermaid-type-thing…

What bugs me most about Brain Attack villains is how they suddenly obtain weapons even though the brain is only supposed to mutate their bodies. Ogrum I can understand, as when he transforms, he grabs onto a rock (though this makes me question whether or not all the hundreds of Ogrums had rocks conveniently in their vicinity prior to mutations). But where do the chains come from?
Pyrox gets a freaking rotating fire drill which is clearly looks man-made, Aquagon and Frost Beast get swords…I don’t even. Do the brains materialize these weapons out of thin air? It gets even crazier in the Brain Attack game/app where the villains get rocket launchers n’ such. At least it made sense in IFB where the beasts used street lamps and satellites as weapons :unamused:

6 Likes

That skeleton man the heroes fought in the jungle. Parts Doctor

5 Likes

Design wise, I always liked Jetbug for some reason. Oh, and Thornraxx.

1 Like

I think Frost beast’s sword is made of ice. and Aquagon…I don’t even know…

2 Likes

To be honest, I have a fear of people who sexually identify of attack helicopters.

/s

In reality, HF didn’t have many good villains. Von Nebula could count, but he didn’t do well as a Makuta rerepresentation.

2 Likes

Now that I think about it I think the entire wave was based around mythology/medival times. Furno, Rocka, and Stormer sported swords n’ shields with a knightly look (Furno had a freaking cape), Breez looked like a woodland archer, Evo was an Atlantean tridant-wielding warrior (possibly a reference to poseidon?). The visors could be a reference to knight helmets which also folded down

7 Likes