Favorite Obscure Games

Here, You can post about games or franchises you has heard of, and possibly learn of fun games and tell others about some of your favorites. I’ll go first.

Ape Escape, for the original PlayStation, is an action platformer where you play as Spike, a young child that has been tasked with making sure that monkeys don’t take over the world using a time machine. It has really tight (and unusual) controls and a lot of different levels.

5 Likes

Monster hunter. Been on play station, Wii, Wii U, psp, ps3 (only in Japan) and 3ds. Great game where you hunt larger life monsters, controls take a while to get used to. Really popular in Japan (bigger than Mario), but pretty niche in the west, gaining popularity though

2 Likes

I think I’ve heard of it, and from what I can tell it’s a very good game.

It is, very addictive and the community is sound

1 Like

I’m not sure if this is obscure enough ,but the Robot Chronicles game that lego used to have was pretty awesome.

4 Likes

Never heard of it…good job! They sound cool.

I love the 2003 Hobbit game. It’s actually much more faithful to the book than the recent movies. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Ocarina of time

2 Likes

King of Fighters is fairly obscure in US arcades.

It’s everywhere in South America.

I hope this is a joke.

Cause it’s a really bad one.

1 Like

I’m not sure if this is considered obscure or not, but I liked the game Dark Sector.

It wasn’t the most complex, story-heavy video game out there, but it certainly was fun.

1 Like

Kek.
I’d say for obscure games probably the metro series.

Tomas was alone

It is fantastic and I highly reccomend

2 Likes

qix is a great semi obscure game for the gameboy that I love

My favorite obscure game is called “Having a Life”

8 Likes

I had a bunch of games on a really old computer a long time ago.

One of them was Ski Free. Man, I loved that game. It looks like crap, but it has an endearing quality to it.

Another was a TMNT game, a lot like Turtles in Time. That one was also fun, but I can’t remember what it was called.

Also, this isn’t really a favorite, but I just find it funny it exists: Sneak King.

I know of Sneak King, probobly from Caddicarus or something, and Ski Free, but not the other.

Another I like is Parrapa the Rappa, kinda obscure, but good enough to make it to All Stars, just like Spike from Ape Escape.

2 Likes

I actually really enjoy how bad Street Fighter EX+ is.

1 Like

The original unreal tournament.

2 Likes

Um… Ace Combat maybe? I don’t know, but now that I think about, I can’t really come up with any games that I like that is also quite obscure. I’d guess Ace Combat is the closest thing to that, seeing as I literally never heard of that series until I just randomly saw a trailer for a new one back in 2011, and outside of fan sites and Reddit I very rarely see someone talk about it.

1 Like

Is that the game that Markiplier played with the shapes and such?

1 Like