Favourite/Worst Panels from Official Bionicle Comics

Whether it’d be an epic shot, a funny/awkward scene or dialogue, or downright terribly drawn, post your favorite Bonkle comic panels (no more than two per post to avoid spam)!

Here are some examples

I wonder if the artists had the figures in hand to pose in front of their table, then drew based off of that…

21 Likes

It wouldn’t surprise me as that’s honestly the easiest way to not only know what you’re drawing but to also make sure that the drawing is as accurate as possible.

1 Like

I always thought the Rau looked really goofy in this panel.

13 Likes

That’s no rau,
That’s this piece:

9 Likes

The Rau always looked odd to me. Especially the translucent Great Rau.

1 Like

insert Green Narmoto and Red Izotor here

1 Like

This frame was always particularly memorable to me, the mighty Kardas frozen in time and space.

10 Likes

Jaller’s thigh isn’t connected.

5 Likes

He’s secretly a Mag-Warrior

7 Likes

Those things were cool, until you realized magnets have like 0 friction and work horrible as joints

5 Likes

Vakama can shrink his head in battle, apparently. Kinda like the goombas from the Super Mario Bros movie.

12 Likes

@Likus I remember that!
By the way, I always wondered why the Toa Metru don’t have the piece covering their gears in the comics. Is it because they were drawn from prototypes?

3 Likes

I always thought the art for the ignition series looked weird. I distinctly remember one panel from issue 1 with a blue Hakann.

1 Like

I didn’t even know Takanuva '08 reused Takadox’s face as armour until I saw this panel, where a decapitated Barraki gazes into your soul. :stuck_out_tongue:

15 Likes

It’s pretty weird that they actually drew in his facial details there. Considering in the story that’s not actually supposed to be on it.

3 Likes

Meanwhile, Makuta’s sets have a habit of containing whatever mask he’s seeking that year. Makuta '03 has two copies of the Mask of Light as his hands, and Maxilos '07 uses Vezon’s face, complete with the Ignika, as shoulder armor.

6 Likes

What even- they drew the red axles that were on the set too!

This further supports my theory that[quote=“Rockho, post:1, topic:33936”]
the artists had the figures in hand to pose in front of their table, then drew based off of that…
[/quote]

12 Likes

That would explain why they never got proper mouths or, until '09, hands.

2 Likes

Was recently looking at some of the comics, and this scene stood out to me. It looks like Axonn has just ripped Thok and Reidak in half.

Don’t worry though they’re fine in the next panel. :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

Axonn’s proportions look so awkward in that perspective

6 Likes