Fidget Spinners Discussion

So my sister’s friend recently went to Costa Rica for a school trip, and some howler monkeys messed with fidget spinners some of the students had. And they never got them back… :grinning:

4 Likes

This is REAL:

HAPPY SUMMERWEEN!

1 Like

Wake me up inside.
Can’t wake up

This makes me die.

2 Likes

Humanity has only brought this amongst themselves.

7 Likes

I really can’t say what mental state would cause a person to dress up as a fidget spinner.

I mean, it’s not even a well made fidget spinner costume. It looks all wonky and asymmetrical.

3 Likes

That’s a little too sexy for the boards, my dude.

6 Likes

I guess they are nice time wasters to keep you interested when you are waiting someon who is shopping or something.

Fun fact: While strolling down the town with my family I saw a Fidget Spinner stand, I jokingly said to my mom that we should probably get one cause “its the latest thing” cause they are selling them everywhere and why the heck not (then I laughed cause the notion of getting it was riddiculous to begin with). Since she was already familiar with it due to my niece and nephew having them, she decided she wanted one as well. As you would expect, what was first a joking remark ended up with us getting one in blue color. Im still at shock while im spinning the flick out of this thing in my hand.

I mean I already technically playing around with the Ekimu shield which has a similar function and appeal, fidget spinner just spins a heck of a lot longer and smoother.

We got one of those in the blue colors in my country actually (Serbia). they are like what, 2 dollars. Quite cheap.

2 Likes

In response to the claims in favor of and in denial of fidget spinners helping kids with ADHD.

I find that any product with that goal strongly depends on the exact specifics of a person’s case as well as their mindset with the use.

ADHD is anything but a cut and paste disorder and it has different effects on different people to the point where there is debate in some circles of whether it is one single mental condition.

To clarify I have ADHD in the form where I literally can’t think clearly at all without focusing on several things at once. I do not use Fidget Spinners because I have mastered my compulsive multitasking by choosing distractions and manipulating my life so they hinder nothing.

With this perspective I see that If I didn’t have most of my distractions chosen I might honestly use one of these.

I can think of a few other ways that with slight tweaking of expected usage these pieces of junk can become useful.

I feel like many folk spun them a bit expecting it to be a magic wand to remove problems but the reality is in the name itself. You “fidget” with them. It is supposed to be mindless and only for finger occupation but many people put all of their probably tiny brains into it thereby subverting the intention.

I’m not gonna deny much of the current societal impact has nothing to do with that purpose and I certainly won’t deny most users hardly qualify as having the need.

On that note I feel that it’s a legitimate hobby but if you don’t need it constantly than time should be made for things that matter.

If I took the fidget spinner shenanigans and replaced fidget spinners with phones not a huge difference would be made in fact that battle came and went. Personal phones became a big problem for schools but as time went on most schools came to the realization that phones have a time and place. Schools realized that with a bit of control phones don’t need to be disruptive.

Back to fidget spinners, the fact they take over the attentions of students is the fault of no one but the schools. Allowing them is fine so long as the school draws the line on where that allowance ends.

That was my stupidly long winded attempt at saying fidget spinners are neither good nor bad but simply a means to an end.

I do sincerely hope you enjoyed it.

3 Likes

I just like how it spins easily due to the inner ball mechanisms that lower the possible friction (due to lower friction, the force you put on the spin will make it spin a lot more than if more friction was on the spin), while also making sure that the outer ring spins while the inner ring that you hold on to doesnt.

And the three ends with holes in them makes it easy to hold on the ends to spin them.

Ingenious little thing. Fascinating like the Newton’s cradle in examining Laws of Mechanics.

Makuta, your mask met its rival.

5 Likes

I wish you can spin Fidget Spinners from one of the three prongs.

Spinning it at the center is boring.

2 Likes

What year is it? Wait, it’s still 2017? Then what month? Still July? What day? STILL THE 6th!?

Man, I thought I’d have graduated by the time I’ve finished reading that… Strange…

Back on topic, @Omega_Tahu honestly I originally thought they could do that, but the sad truth came to light quickly.

2 Likes

Glad you enjoyed my thoughts.

1 Like

My little brother had 1
then he had 2
then they turned into 6
These devils are multiplying

3 Likes

Call for help before he buys an 100 dollar one.
Or just ignore it.

He’s 6

Wait
my bro is 6
he has
fidget spinners
fidget spinners have 3 rings
3x2=6

They’re actually satan

9 Likes

A WEAPON TO SURPASS METAL GEAR

18 Likes