Fidget Spinners Discussion

Wat

Yeah, what I’m saying is it would ironically become trendy.

1 Like

Well, that would be interesting… And probably outclock the maximum rotations the ball bearings can handle, much less the plastic.

3 Likes

I was at Walmart and they had some of these so I spun one just cause; can anyone explain what’s so amazing about these? I have autism so I should be the perfect person to enjoy these things; needless to say I put it down after a second.

4 Likes

Preach my friend. Preach for the world

1 Like

I’m not going to lie, I DID pick up a fidget spinner some time ago and DID find some intrigue in the way it spun.

I can see the appeal, at least from a sort of ‘customizable’ standpoint; I’ve seen custom-designed Fidget Spinners, and as an artistic person that likes to make things, this naturally clicks with me. Not to mention, the whole ‘spinning’ aspect reminds me of the good old days of Beyblades and invokes some heavy nostalgia for the Ninjago Spinners.

I guess it’s a neat little thing to keep on hand and, well, FIDGET with, as the name implies, kind of like twiddling your thumbs while waiting. I don’t really see the problem so long as it does not take away our appreciation for high quality entertainment and whatnot. I imagine if I invested the time, I imagine I could get an intrigue in Fidget Spinners, all while appreciating Bionicle, Fullmetal Alchemist and its philosophies, drawing, reading and writing, and so forth.

All in all, I don’t really see the problem and can empathize with the appeal. At worst for me it’s a fun little joke to make a jab at, but otherwise, I’m perfectly fine with letting the trend pass by. Besides, we’ve got worse problems today, anyhow.

2 Likes

Now, I think your problem is viewing these things for what they are, not what they could be. Right now, they’re annoying fad, but I have had a possibly brilliant idea for them

What’s that?

1 Like

I’d tell you, but I’m so sure this will be a huge game changer to the world of engineering, that I’d be worried about someone stealing my Idea.

1 Like

Fair enough.

1 Like

Two words.

Stupid Trend.

The world’s gotta have the newest thing distract them for a month so they don’t realize how bad everything is, how bleak their existences are, or that they forgot to eat for the last three days. So whaddya know, the Fidget Cube comes along, an actually helpful thing which isn’t just a toy. Then everyone makes them, then fidget spinner, then trend which makes everyone else throw up.

Hopefully it’ll be over in a couple of months.

3 Likes

Well, it appears fidget spinners have died finally, at least in my area. Absolutely nobody has one anymore.

1 Like

Sorry to tell to everyone that in Atlanta in my neighborhood there still popular heck even in college some people have the spinners.

There’s a kid at my school who is selling custom 3-D printed spinners for about $2. I don’t know what to say.

4 Likes

You should say he’s brilliant.

4 Likes

It actually was a great idea. He’s sold quite a few already I believe.

3 Likes

And that he is gonna be a good used cars salesman.

Used meme sales man.

3 Likes

That’s pretty productive, making it ironic.

By any chance did he 3D print them at your school…?

Because my school has a 3D printer and I once saw it printing fidget spinners…

guys the flying car should have fidget spinner wheels.

1 Like