Fire Emblem Topic

it’s literally just a name
idk why the sword is named as it is though

It just bothers me that the most exposure most people will get to Falchions is in these games. The only ther place I’ve seen them was Kingdom Come Deliverance, and even they messed up big time by having the characters use the dull edge to cut. And I think the naming just went something like, " Hey Dave, whats another name for sword?" “I saw one called a Falchion once.” " Great lets use that." Like, did these people even look at the sword before releasing the game?

i mean idk i dont come to fire emblem for realistic medieval combat

I’m just bugged by the misrepresent action of one of my favorite medieval weapons. And I know you come to these games for one of three reasons, you like hard turn based combat (more old games), you like overdone anime women (new games) or you have a thing for dragons… (Mostly awakening I think).
I will give this game a bonus though, they have spears in the forefront, which even the elder scrolls ditched three games in.

Alright, after bashing the franchise for misrepresentation of medieval weapons, on this and other forums, I was finally convinced if I was going to criticize the franchise, I might as well give it a try. I grabbed the first GBA title released in America on an emulator, and I’ll have to say, I’m enjoying it. The gameplay is entertaining and the story is compelling, definitely better than expected.

1 Like