First Bionicle Sets

Just a long gap. I was only like 5 or 6 when I got the ToT

First set-Matoro Mahri(Hakann McDonald’s doesn’t count)
First average figure-Same as Above
First Small set-Solek
First favorite-Kopaka Phantoka
First Least Favorite-Skrall Stars
First Titan-Krekka or Toa Ignika
First Rahi-Muaka and Kane Ra
First Vehicle Kaxuim V3 or Toa Ignika if it counts (could’ve got Axlara T9 for my birthday but I chose an X-wing and I still regret that)

1 Like

Did you get Ignika before Krekka? Also, yeah Skrall totally sucks

I think I might’ve got Toa Ignika first

So my personal list:
First Set; Panrahk, Pahrak-Kal, Lehvak-Kal
First Average Set: Tahu Nuva
First Titan: Turaga Dume & Nivawk
First Snall set: Nuhrii
First Favorite: Takanuva 2003
First Disapointment: Lord of the Skull Spiders
First Vehicle: Cendox V3

2 Likes

Nice to see you didn’t have a disappointment until LoSS! Also, now that I’m thinking about it, I have no idea what to classify Bohrok as. They’re not really normal sets, but like far from titans :stuck_out_tongue:

First set: Lewa Mata
First titan: Exo Toa & the Nui Jaga (got them both at the same time)
First small set: Tahnok Va, I think?
First favourite: Probably the Bohrok
First least favourite / disappointment: I’d found sets underwhelming in the past, but Malum was my first major disappointment to the point where I refunded it and got a technic motorbike instead
First vehicle: Exo-Toa or Boxor; not sure which I got first.

Not saying that Malum is a good or bad set, he is in my opinion just kind of painfully average. But I’m just curious, do you remember any of the major reasons for your dissapointment?

1 Like

Mainly his size; at the time the fact he was so much shorter than the average Inika build really put me off and made me feel like it wasn’t good value. Seeing the mask for the first time and how small it was really annoyed me too.

Looking back however, I do think it’s a fine set with some nice pieces and a cool chest plate colour.

1 Like

That I can get behind. Especially because in the comics he was always pictured to be almost titan sized, if I’m not mistaken. Good parts pack, interesting character story because he proves that just because that you are part of the Fire Tribe you don’t need to be “good”, thus proving even more that Bara Magna has a very loose view of good and evil. But the set itself is meh and too short.

1 Like

First sets (general) - Kopaka Mata and Tahu Mata, my brother and I got them (respectively) at the same time at ToysRUs, I’ll never forget it.

First Average Set (like regular Toa sized [Unless already said]) - See above.

First Titan - According to some sources, Nui Rama would be my first Titan set. According to Brickset, my first was Makuta.

So much hype when this set released.

First Small Set (Matoran, Agori, etc.) - Do the McToran count? I had Hewkii, Maku and Kongu. Otherwise it would be all the Turaga except Vakama.

First Favorite (Not first set by default) - Makuta was my first favorite, probably out of hype alone of having a set appearance of the main antagonist. After 3 years of buildup, this was exciting to get and fun to build and play with, despite being limited.

First Least Favorite/Disappointment (Not first set by default) - All six Rahaga. Very narrow, very low parts usage, Rhotuka spinner doesn’t always launch on the base, not varied in poses. The technic thin liftarms get stuck in the head too.

First Vehicle set (If any) - Takanuva and Ussanui

• Maniac4Bricks
2 Likes

First set: Toa Hordika Vakama (which is a humorous coincidence as that set was released the same year I was born)
First titan: Axonn
First small: Metus
First favorite: Toa Hordika Vakama
First vehicle: Thornatus V9

1 Like

First set: Panrahk
First average set: I guess the Vahki
First Titan: Makuta
First small set: Velika? Not sure
First favorite: Vezon & Fenrakk
First least favorite/disappointment: Tahu Stars
First vehicle set: Jetrax T6

1 Like

My first sets were Garan and Dalu. First average sized set? Erm…probably Pridak, but I’m not 100% sure. First Titan…I don’t know if Baranus V7 counts, though it was my first vehicle.

1 Like

First sets: Matau (Toa Metru)
First Titan: Hydraxon
First Small Set: Garan
First Favorite: Pahrak
First Least Favorite/Disappointment: Jaller Inika

2 Likes

First set: Tahu Mistika
First Titan: Sidorak
First Small set: Gaaki
First Favorite: Tahu Mata
First Least Favorite: Bordakh
First Vehicle: Thornatus IV

2 Likes

First Set: Kopaka Nuva
First Favorite: also Kopaka Nuva (not because he was my first though)
First Small Set: Matoran Hali
First Titan: Makuta (Teridax)
First Vehicle: Takanuva and the Ussanui
First Disappointment: Vakama Hordika

First set: Toa Mahri Matoro: (2 years after the fact)
First titan: Kaxium V3
First small set: One of the agori, Other Zesk or Berix. (I had all but the green one and Atakus and got them all in quick succession)
First Favorite: Either Skrall (red) or Tarix
First Vehicle: Kaxium V3

1 Like

First Set: Either Tahu or Kopaka. I don’t remember which one.
First Titan: 03 Makuta
First Small Set: Dekar, of all things. Yes, I’ve been a fan since 2001 but didn’t buy a small set until 2007.
First Favorite: Tahu Mata
First Disappointment: Onewa Metru. Fine build, boring color scheme.
First Vehicle: Lesovikk.

3 Likes

First set: Vakama Metru
First Titan: Krekka, might be Nidhiki
First Small Set: KO Orkahm or Tehutti. The first legit one war rahaga Iruini
First Favorite: Vakama Metru, of course
First Least Favorite/Disappointment: Rahaga Iruini because of the head
First Vehicle set: Toa Ignika

1 Like