Five Nights at Freddy's series

And thus were all the other LPers cast aside. (Probably, maybe, I dunno, I can’t tell you what to do with your life.)

EDIT:

Eeeeeeeeeeesh.

3 Likes

I’m in love with Nightmarionne’s design almost enough to make a Moc

Dem stilt legs

Nightmare Mangle is beautiful too, probably having the most detail and greebling of all the animatronics (must’ve taken Scott an eternity to design on his own)

7 Likes

Indeed, each of the new Nightmare 'tronics look pretty great in their own way.

I agree with the technical achievement of Mangle, she’s pretty incredible and I definitely appreciate the work that must have gone into that! Plus that plush - so adorable!

Nightmarionne’s design is certainly the most “up-to-eleven” of the Nightmare deisgns, taking the original elements that made the Marionette creepy and really amping them up. My personal favorite detail would have to be the ribs though, so creepy and skeletal.

Balloon Boy though. Balloon. Boy. Seriously, I’m still stuck on this new design for him, I love to hate it so much. Those arms, man! Those hands! Those… those freaking FINGERS! I cannot physically look at him for too long without feeling distinctly uneasy.

…Mneh, Jack-O’-Bonnie and -Chica are interesting too I guess.

2 Likes

I know that feel, especially when he’s staring straight at you

From afar, those fingers almost look human…I guess it’s that uncanny valley creepin’ in.

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s honestly why I haven’t really found the nightmare animatronics all that creepy; they just look like full-on animal themed death machines.

This guy is a bit better about that though. The hands are just really weird.

Also, is it just me or does the marrionette make the sound of a flatline when he gets on the bed? Seems rather odd.

3 Likes

I think (and don’t necessarily take my word for it, but I’m pretty sure) that it makes the same noise Nightmare did - kind of an electronic whine.

EDIT: Compared the two, and yep, they appear to be the same. Thanks for the (unwitting) help, Razzbowski!

3 Likes

It looks like the power went out on ScottGames and FNaFWorld.com. Hmm.

What’s Scott planning this time?

At first, I thought you meant that the sites were down, but that’s no error I see.

I can’t imagine what he’d be up to.
(hopefully improving FNaF World’s graphics? :stuck_out_tongue: )

The movie perhaps?

Tried playing with brightness and contrast again, and still nothing. Looks like the image genuinely is just blank this time (again, of course, I may very well just be doing it wrong).

Also, I actually had no idea fnafworld.com even existed prior to now… Yes of course I pay attention and notice things, why would you suggest otherwise?!

2 Likes

I can’t stop laughing at this.

1 Like

FNaFWorld.com (and I believe ScottGames as well) has been updated with some… rather dark imagery.

http://i.imgur.com/mxODEaB.jpg

Brighten up the image and behold.

4 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/ZNnnHSNh.jpg
http://puu.sh/l776y/a15762f531.png

So… Mangle hung yes self?

4 Likes

Further and more careful cropping of the image yields this:

So what we’ve got here is:

A figure of some sort (Mangle? The head seems like it, but it looks bipedal) hanging from the top of the screen -

And a line of text -

This seems quite cryptic this time around.
Going by Mangle’s apparent bipedal form, could it be something to do with to her repeated destruction by children back in FNaF2?
Or is it somehow in reference to the community’s failure to put the final pieces together - implying that Mangle perhaps plays some greater role in the overall story than we’d thought?

Anyone else got thoughts? Because I’m sure you can all come up with better ideas than my crackpot theories.

EDIT: Definitely Mangle (more specifically the FNaF World version); the little sprig of hair on top of her head matches her FNaF World model exactly. Comparing the two, it’s almost certainly her current form and not Toy Foxy, but that still doesn’t really debunk anything. I DON’T KNOW ANYMORE.

2 Likes

Uh… What? Dark stuff in FNAF world?

Suddenly, I’m intrigued.

EDIT: Actually, I’m kind of worried. There were a lot of hate comments on the FNAF world trailer…

Also, remember how Mangle was playing with the paddleball at the end? Might that be our noose?

3 Likes

Update guys, it’s been removed from both the FNaF World and scottgames sites.

I’m guessing he got some immediate backlash for portraying suicide.
(even though it’s a fictional character that is also a robot)

1 Like

Oh. Oh no. I really hope that’s not what’s going on.
…And, comments don’t seem to be disabled on the trailer’s YouTube video, but there also apparently are “none to display”. This… does not bode well.

Ah, I thought so. I was pretty sure it was the same image when I checked just then as it had been before.

UPDATE UPDATE:

Dawko seems to have some calming and rational words to say on the subject. Is he actually a trustworthy source though? I always get confused as to who’s just a theorising fan and who actually has direct links to Scott in situations like this.

2 Likes

Yes, but repeated homicide of children and various instances of gruesome deaths by unmanaged/faulty machinery are totally alright.

I doubt Scott will ever get legitimate flack for showing dark stuff. That’s why we all love his stories.

He’s at the very least part of the group that Scott contacts the most. He’s about as trustworthy as they come.

Needless to say, I’m glad that this is just part of the game.(and not something else)

3 Likes

Looks like Mangle…

puts on sunglasses

Got hangled

In seriousness, I really don’t understand why people are getting so angry about this…in fact, this backlash further explains the text stating “See what you’ve all done”; implying that he’s directing this and criticizing the community as a whole, how we’ve been so hateful and greedy lately, like demanding the box to be opened…

This post from tumblr summarizes my thoughts pretty well

6 Likes

So is it just me, or is this a really, weirdly long dry spell we’re going through right now?

Not that I mind too much, I have another game to take up most of my attention for the time being coughundertalecough, but the length of this ‘darkness’ just seems to be getting… oddly long.

2 Likes