Fixing G2 Plotholes

So I wanted to start a topic explicitly to discuss things that went wrong in G2 and ways to fix them.

One piece of lore I thought about for instance was the Shadow Realm. I loved the idea of the Capital City still being intact but the nature of the Shadow Realm itself never sat well with me. It screams cliched and it just didn’t serve a purpose in the universe other than “this is where Makuta is trapped”. Now I thought, due to the Vahi showing Ekimu visions of the darkness to come, what if the Shadow Realm was instead a fracture in time? What if the Vahi sensed in the future a ripple that would lead to disaster and it was informing Ekimu how to go about fixing this future rip in the time stream?(creating the golden masks and summoning the Toa) What if Makuta was sent into a place outside of time itself? To me this means the Vahi plays a much more integral role in the story and it ties Makuta’s whereabouts to it all much more than just being in some whatever realm.

But I want to know what you all have in mind. What are some headcanons and remedies you’ve come up with for G2? What would work better? Let’s discuss.

5 Likes

Imma keep it real with you chief this convolutes the lore more than it does fix issues

1 Like

I’ll admit I was brainstorming while typing it out and I’m already seeing bits being unnecessary. So how about this. The MoUP is as it was before, no time altering/twin Vahi clutter. The Vahi tells Ekimu the Prophecy of Heroes as before and the Toa are summoned through it. However, Makuta was still sent into a tear through time itself. Umarak instead of trying to find the shards of the MoUP tries to steal the Vahi to summon Makuta. It would also explain why he and especially the Okotians that are a millenia old haven’t died of age. Because time doesn’t effect them.

2 Likes