Forgotten Grotto (Mafia Discussion Topic)

I could do that; I’ll just need to do my homework on the Slizers and Roboriders, as well as plan some scenes out in advance, otherwise I will get burned out and it will never be completed.

2 Likes

Bionicle Mafia: the Batterra

The Vortixx camp on the reformed SM has been invaded by Batterra led by Marendar. Roodaka is the investigator; Marendar is unaware of who the Batterra are, and the Batterra don’t know who he is; Marendar can target a villager each night; if that villager is Roodaka, the knowledge Roodaka just analyzed will be given to a mafian (i.e. if Roodaka analyzes Jack and determines that he is a Batterra, and Marendar targets Roodaka that same night, the Batterra will know that Roodaka knows Jack is a mafian; if Roodaka analyzes Greg and determines that he is a warrior, and Marendar targets Roodaka that same night, the Batterra will know that Greg is a warrior.); if he targets the Vortixx warrior, their power is neutralized; if he targets an innocent or a Battera, nothing happens. Marendar is also technically a mafian; if all the Batterra are killed, Marendar dies as well.

7 Likes

Wow.

You should do that.

3 Likes

Basically, the idea is that Roodaka, while technically good, is also helping the mafians occasionally.

5 Likes

That is the most well planned out game I’ve ever seen been planned out.

4 Likes

If Roodaka analyzes Marendar, he’ll appear to be a regular Batterra; and Marendar is not immune to execution during the day.

Marendar can be protected by the warrior as well, since the warrior doesn’t know who he is.

Edit: better, less complex idea: if the Batterra kill Marendar, his spirit travels to another, random innocent. There. Now the Mafia cannot kill their ally. Marendar’s spirit cannot travel if he is executed.

5 Likes

I’m in.

6 Likes

im so lost, whats the purpose of this topic may i ask?

For discussing Mafia game ideas.

1 Like

ah. well thank you.

So, I guess when this wave of Mafia games ends, I’ll put my idea (the Vortixx/Batterra thing) into the running for the next wave.

4 Likes

Sounds… complex.
I think the simpler the better when it comes to TTV Board games.

I honestly don’t know if an abundance if neutral roles is a good idea.
Slime somehow fooled several people in HF II simply by saying that he was on the side of the village and it took no further convincing on his part for them to not touch him at all.

3 Likes

Political Capps helped too, until I started accusing him.

1 Like

I’m saying that Slime himself barely did anything; Capps, part of the village (I think), took it and ran with it.

3 Likes

yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

though to be fair I wasn’t neutral, I was allied with the Mafia.

But you were a secret role which is basically close enough as far as the above game prompt is concerned.

So…I have a secondary idea. If/when we run another Mafia game hosting vote…I guess people can vote for either of my ideas?

I mean…I like this idea too…so…

#Ninja Academy Mafia (Ninjago Themed Mafia)

Five rouge Nindroid infiltrate an academy meant to train the next generation of protectors. Antics ensue, along with most everybody dying.

GAMEPLAY:

4 Cloaked Nindroids (Mafia)
X Ninja Students (50% non-roles)
X Serpentine Ninja Students (50% non-roles, non-secret role, can lay Poison onto any Mafia who attacks them if they choose to activate their ability the night before they would be attacked, but are still terminated)
1 Traitorous Serpentine (secondary Mafia who, when investigated by a Teacher, reads up as a normal Serpentine Ninja Student)
1 Teacher (can investigate one other player per night to discover their role)
1 Secret Role (can…oh wait it’s a secret >:D)

Suspect List is done similarly to @Eljay’s wonderful Item List. Credit to him there.

Once again, I have added my own little twist to the system. It’s different than you might think, though.

POINTS SYSTEM

Players can gain or lose points through certain activities in the game. Point scores are kept secret from other players. At 100+ points, players can resist a Mafia attack.

Successful Mafia Execution = +50 Points to players who voted for the Mafia
Student Execution = -25 Points all players who voted for the Student
Successful Serpentine Poisoning = +50 Points all Serpentine
Successful Mafia Defense = -100 Points Attacked Player
Successful Teacher Investigation = +25 Points Teacher

Now I wait for other people to show their ideas.

7 Likes

I have an idea

It seems like a lot of people (myself included) are getting a bit worn out of Mafia. I mean, we’ve had at least one game running for like a month now, and while people keep coming up with new ideas, it’s still essentially the same game.

I suggest that we take a break from Mafia for at least a week or two, let ourselves be refreshed, and come back stronger than ever.

4 Likes

like slime said
after this mafia game finishes, we take a break?

1 Like

I have an idea… Part like Quest for Masks of Power, part like Mafia, part different. It will be up soon…