Frontier - An Okoto Space Roleplay

IC: Tekan Ko-koto inn (interior
“Well just perfect.” Tekan growled out as Muvoso left. “There goes my main source of revenue, who’s gonna hire a bodyguard with no weapons? And now I have to prove it’s my scythe.” He then turned and looked over at Klackk, giving him a piercing glare. “I hope you’re happy.” He growled at him before turning and going back to his table to retrieve his cloak. “Come on Karx, lets go and find a way to get my scythe back.” He said as he started to leave, waving towards the ice Okotoran. “Coming.” Karx said somewhat excitedly, hurrying over to Tekan, but not before sticking his tongue out at Klackk. As they started to leave the main room, heading elsewhere, Tekan could be heard muttering to Karx “how does one even prove they own a scythe? A license?” and such as it faded as they got further from the others.

IC: Klackk had more or less gotten off Scot free, well not really because the guard was going to show up so he should probably get the heck out od dodge, and he once again bolted for the door, and ran out into the snowy night.

IC: Karx, Ko-koto inn (interior)
“Good riddance.” Karx muttered as he looked back, catching sight of Klackk running off, a look of displeasure on his face. “Come on Tekan, we better hurry and get your stuff so you can get your scythe!” Karx said in a much more cheerful tone, his face taking on his natural look of excited happiness. “Now try to remember if there were any defining features on your scythe… Didn’t you do something to it so it’d be easier to prove it was yours after those last times it was stolen?” Karx questioned as they headed back to where Tekan had left his bag (if the inn rents rooms its in his room then). “Maybe.” Tekan replied as he hummed thoughtfully to himself. “I just can’t remember what! Curses!” He muttered, snapping his fingers in irritation and thought.

IC: Waster tried to keep himself away so Tekan could do his thing, but he saw Klackk run away. “Hey, guards! That guy just ran away! I think he was the one who stole the scythe!”

OOC: Chalking this up to RPG Time, since it’s still technically the early morning for Kyrlahni.

IC: Kyrlahni - Ko-Koto (Village Square)

Proceeding towards the inn, the Ga-Kotoran continued to weave her way through the streets, only to suddenly force herself to the side in order to avoid the fleeing Onu-Kotoran that had almost barreled right into her.
What the Karz…?
And that’s when she heard someone else yelling.

Truth be told, she was a bit hesitant to get involved, especially considering her previous track record and the nature of the cargo she was currently transporting to her meeting with Muvoso, which she definitely didn’t want to unintentionally destroy in a potential scuffle. And knowing her luck, even if she did end up successfully intervening, who knows just how much collateral damage would be left in her wake?
But, seeing as to how the entire region was still under siege by the Skull Spider horde, she quickly pushed herself past her doubts and forced herself to come to a decision.
There are more pressing matters to attend to than dealing with petty crooks. Even little distractions such as this could prove to be disasterous.
Spinning around as she let him successfully run past her, she reached out for her one of her Climbing Hooks and attempted to throw it between his legs before yanking back on its chain in an effort to snag his ankle and hopefully trip him up. Given that he primarily seemed obsessed with his own escape, didn’t look like he was about to unexpectedly change course, and had little reason to suspect her of being anything other than just another face in the crowd, it was highly unlikely that he would realise what was happening until it was far too late, nevermind execute a proper evasion.
One less guard searching for you is one more guard able to defend the village in the event that the walls are breached. And given that this region is the last bastion of safety still left on Okoto, we’ll be needing all the help we can get.

OOC: That’s Klackk, by the way.

OOC: You still didn’t fix the autohit.

OOC: What´s an autohit?

IC: Klackk felt a hook grab his leg and start drawing him to its owner, he pulled out his dagger and stabbed in into the ground in an attempt to gain traction over his foe. Holding on for dear life, he took one arm and began chucking mishapen snowballs at his foe.

OOC: Not a part of this, but I believe an Autohit is where you say “Bob stabs you, and then kicks you” instead of “Bob attempts to stab you and then tries to follow it up with a kick.” You’re giving the opponent a chance to dodge/react basically.

Twisting her body in response to the snowballs exploding against her armor, one of which catching her straight in the face, she proceeded to tighten her grip, wrapping a section of the chain around her own wrist for additional support.
“A little help would be much appreciated!,” she shouted back towards the direction of the previous outburst.

OOC: You’re good to attempt a capture now, Waster. Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

IC: Klackk was by no means going to let some stranger drag him off to who knows where. He quickly jammed his other spare dagger into one of the chains.

OOC: Not breaking the chains, as each link in a chain has a hole in it. I’ll edit it if I did something wrong.

IC: Klackk quickly unhooked himself from the, well, hook and high tailed it for the wilderness.

OOC: Sorry, school´s been bothering me lately. Finally, the weekend has arrived!

IC: Waster heard that, so he quickly ran towards Kyrlahni. But, he realised Klackk had ran away. "Oh. Uh… was that guy bothering you? He´s been a… nuisance lately. I might have to chase him. However, who knows what I´ll find in the wilderness

He then chased after Klackk.

“No, actually, I was just trying to - ,” she said, sighing upon realising that the other Okotoran had already left. “Help you catch him.”
Retrieving her hook and stuffing it back under her cloak, she debated on following after them, only to inevitably decide against it after brushing up against the bulge of the rock inside one of her many pouches. Shaking her head briefly, she turned back towards the inn, and proceeded to continue her search for Muvoso.

OOC: Is there still a possibility for a team-up to catch Klackk, @Timageness ?

IC: Tekan, Ko-koto inn (interior)
Around the same time Kyrlahni turned back to enter the inn Tekan and Karx had finally emerged from his room, Tekan carrying a satchel filled with items as they both walked back to the main room, the entire time Tekan grumbling about his scythe and asking Karx questions about the guy.

IC: Waster kept chasing Klackk. He began sprinting more. He was getting faster, but getting tired, too.

IC: Kyrlahni - Ko-Koto (Inn)

Finally crossing the threshold of the inn, the first thing the Ga-Kotoran did was to brush off some of the snow she had accumulated from both her journeys and her most recent encounter with the fleeing fugitive.
The second was to smile slightly as she felt the warmth of the room, only to frown as she gazed upon the mess and destruction.
What happened to this place, I wonder?
Stepping up to the counter, she attempted to flag down the bartender, who was still in the process of trying to clean things up.
“Um, excuse me, but has Muvoso arrived by any chance? I need to speak with him, and I was told that he might have some business here at some point today.”

IC: The snow was cold, and the air was crisp, with the familiar smell of nothing, as it was too cold for most proper smells to reach one’s nose, man he hated that smell. After trekking for a bit, Klackk hadrealized that the merchant that he had considered mugging was chasing him,“Oi!” He yelled, “Leave me alone!” As he chucked a snowball at his opponent.

IC: Waster got hit by the snowball, but continued dashing towards Klackk. “You, sir, are an enemy of justice! Halt and fight like a man!” Waster´s stamina was starting to wear out, but his determination was not.

Also his face was pretty cold now. But his Hau kept him warm enough.

IC: ko-koto inn (interior)
As Kyrlahni entered Tekan and Karx had also entered the main room, heading towards the counter before she got there first. “Oh great now we have to wait.” Tekan growled grumpily. “So do you have anything on this guy?” Tekan asks Karx. “Oy, anyone know who the stone Okotoran is? Short, grumpy took my scythe?” Tekan started to ask some of the other patrons as he waited. “Actually now that I think about it he did seem kinda familiar, maybe I have some info on him in my book.” Karx tells Tekan as he starts to look. “Let’s see, hmmm… that’s it! He was Muvoso! The okotoran who was chosen to be the chronicler.” Karx exclaimed in glee as he found the info. “Wait, you mean that’s the guy that was chosen over you? Sheesh, he doesn’t seem all that nice if you ask me.” Tekan replies in surprise. “Well yeah but it o understandable.” Karx says sheepishly. “I can’t really be mad at him, being chosen as chronicler is a rare honour and well, I’m too easily distracted as show by my current ‘interests’ and he’s more well built to travel around, following the mask makers and such on their adventures, I’m not the best at that.” He says, indicating his prosthetic arm. “Besides if he hadn’t been chosen I would’ve never met you or gotten as many rumors and such recorded as I do now.” He says cheerily.