Frontier - An Okoto Space Roleplay

GM IC

He almost chuckled. But he caught himself; no, this is a proper meeting, you must be stoic…

“Yes. And then we noticed something else that made us even more certain.”

He turned the stone over entirely and Kyrlahni could see the word TIMES torn into the stone as if a flame had wrenched the fragments out and apart. “There is no doubt that this was not written on the ceiling of the Temple of Time. Look up and see.”

Above her, the hole had been patched poorly by clay and wood, but there was no sign of such writing anywhere inside the room, especially not on the ceiling.

1 Like

IC: Kyrlahni - Ko-Koto (Temple of Time - Interior)

Following the Elder’s suggestion and allowing her gaze to venture up towards the damaged area, the Ga-Kotoran took her time further surveying the surfaces of her current surroundings before finally arriving at a similar conclusion.
“Fair enough,” she eventually replied, allowing herself a secondary glance around the room, just to confirm her suspicions. “But were there any other indications as to what the text may have been specifically referring to, or where the rest of the debris may have landed? The moon is quite a large place, after all, and any information that could possibly help narrow down what you’re looking for and where to begin searching for it would go a long way towards making a potential discovery.”

GM IC

“Muvoso has the specifics,” He said, tearing his eyes away from the ceiling. “We know from the trips up that more of it drifted further out into space, or may be in orbit around the moon itself. But I don’t think that finding all the pieces is really that essential.”

“You’ll be landing on a secured area of hardened soil chosen for the original landing spot. Given the rate that the moon turns, finding an optimal time would not be difficult. However… And you must pardon me for being cryptic on this one point, but you’ll also be looking for a certain unique type of metal. You’ll know it when you find it.”

IC: Kyrlahni - Ko-Koto (Temple of Time - Interior)

“Hmmm… Well, that may prove to be rather troublesome if those pieces in question contain the remainder of the text, but I’ll see what I can do on that front,” Kyrlahni said simply, deducing that any further inquiries would be better left off for Muvoso.

“Where exactly would I be able to find the Chronicler at this time of day? He appeared rather busy when we bumped into each other earlier, and knowing either where he is or where he’ll eventually show up would certainly be much more helpful than wandering aimlessly around the entire village…”

IC: Ko-Koto wilderness
Klackk was cold. That was for certain. Even the mild warmth of the fire he sat before did little to rid him of his vice. That’s just how it was in Ko-Koto, and Klackk ‘H’ to the’ A’,T’,‘E’, hated it. He missed his old home in Onu-Koto, No spiders, No Ice, just the ground beneath his feet and the Illuminated crystals hung above him. He had vowed to find another such place among the stars, but now was doubting the truthfulness of his earlier statement, would be forever trapped in this frozen wasteland. He sighed, he had joined the Dead of Kulta to become an astronaut, not some mere currier that gave information to people who didn’t even bother to show up half of the time.

GM IC

“He makes a routine appearance at the inn.” Hokku said, looking at a slab of stone he had drawn out from his cloak. “Just show him the rock and he’ll know. You might have to wait a short while, say thirty minutes, but…”

Velmes had reappeared from the darkness of the room, stealing the rest of Hokku’s sentence and burning it. “Muvoso is not a toy for you to soak up your time with, so don’t keep him waiting. He has a busy life, and it’s not your job to-”

Hokku instantly turned back to Kyrlahni, Velmes holding in his annoyance. Perhaps he had given him a sharp glare. “Well, you know where to find him. Please only discuss with Muvoso further, if you make continued appearances here it would cause suspicion in the public.”

The implication to the Dead of Kulta was slight, and yet it rang through the room. Hokku opened the door while Velmes stalked off into the darkness once more.

Klackk had pretty much cycled through the same thought process from before when the fire died. The cold quickly shot through Klackk and after shouting off at the scorched earth for a solid 5 minutes, he started making his way back home, his temporary home mind you, not Onu-Koto, all the while slapping himself to keep awake," They can find another courier for all I care!" He shouted at no-one in particular. he sighed and continued on his way.

IC: Kyrlahni - Ko-Koto (Temple of Time - Entrance)

“R-right. Of course,” the Ga-Kotoran said, mostly to Hokku, as she took the stone and was led back outside.
Stuffing it well out of sight beneath her very own cloak, she decided that it would be best to immediately start making her way towards the inn, even if she did end up having to wait a bit for Muvoso to actually arrive. Considering that she currently had a potentially valuable artifact in her possession, she wasn’t about to do anything that would risk damaging it any further than it already was.

OOC: Ghidora, if you’d like to use this time to throw up a few posts for Traykar and anyone else who makes it past the approval process, I’d be fine with not receiving some GM input for a while. Just wanted to throw that out there.

OOC: @Traykar

GM IC

Klackk, upon passing by the rows of houses, was suddenly pulled inside one of them while grumbling to himself. Overwhelmed by the situation, a hand was clasped over his eyes and he was lead deep underground.

By the time the hand came off he was standing in a familiar room with a familiar, heavily armoured figure glaring down at him from a high pedestal.

“So,” Dessimus glared, “do you have the report?”

1 Like

IC: “No, that didn’t care to show,” grumbled Klackk. Normally he would have been a bit less defensive, but the day hadn’t been kind to him.

GM IC

Dessimus seemed to peer harder into him. “You mean that you were sent to the northwest sanctum, and you have nothing to report?”

He stood erect again, growling to himself, it ringing through his armour and echoing around the room. “I don’t know who to blame, you or them… Bring back something next time, anything at all, or else.”

It was a peculiar room. There was a large pillar in the center, a pedestal of sorts, and he was standing upon it, previously eyeing the connections of the walls and the ceilings before sending out his furious warnings.

IC: “Klackk sat down on the foor, also cold, and mumbled some incomprehensible words before , " I was waiting there for an like an hour man! Dude didn’t show.” Look, I’ll do better next time, but your guys gotta show, or I’ll look for alternative employment."

1 Like

GM IC

“The only one who needs to keep up a level of competence is you.” Dessimus growled silently. “If you intend to keep your head on your shoulders, you’ll do as you’re told. Now get out of here. You’ll be informed of your next mission.”

The two masked guards at the door folded their arms, waiting for him to approach before they took him back out onto the city streets.

IC: Klackk grumbled some more. He was greatly annoyed by the way the day continued going on. With these thoughts he walked towards the guards, he awkwardly waved and said," uh, bye. I guess."

1 Like

GM IC

The guards once again grabbed him and covered his eyes.
When he opened his eyes he had just caught himself from falling into the road. Behind him was a very simplistic shed, or at least that’s what it looked like.

He wasn’t very far from the inn, and quite a ways from where he was pulled underground.

OOC: I really need to make a map of this town lol

IC: Klackk began his walk to the inn. The Secrecy of the Dead was a pain to deal with, but it would all be worth it when he would get to leave this forsaken rock. For now, He would return to the inn and wait for further instructions.

IC: Waster gets up and goes for a walk around Ko-Koto town. He sold a bunch of his stuff because he was a merchant. After his job was done for the day, he goes to the inn to eat something, I guess.

IC: Klackk sat down at a table in the Inn and yes the newcomer, he wore a decent coat, which usually meant that the stranger must of had decent cash. He contemplated mugging the guy, but thought better of it. “Um. Hi”

OOC: I’m talking about Waster

IC: Tekan, Ko-koto inn, interior, table near the back.
Tekan had been sitting in the back of the inn for a while now, his scythe resting against the wall next to him and his cloak draped loosely around his shoulders, still shadowing much of his body but allowing for more parts to be seen below it than usual, watching the progressing events as he sipped from a mug of one of Ko-kotos more popular drinks. “Well it looks like this is a bust. I’ve been here for a while now and my client hasn’t come yet. Must of bailed after I got the message to meet them here. I guess they could still come but this still happens enough to be an irritance.” Tekan thought to himself in slight irritation as he glanced around the inn again. As he did he noticed someone familiar To him, a fur cloak wearing ice Okotoran known as Karx he had become close acquaintances with, close enough to buy him a shortsword for protection that is. As he saw him he caught Karx glancing at him, as Karx noticed he was caught he quickly looked away but Tekan could see him writing in one of his notebooks (or Okotoran equivalent to one). “Crazy kid.” Tekan thought while chuckling. “Glad he introduced himself, even if he originally only did it so he could get info on me. Never thought we’d get along so well, he’s good at drumming up business I can give him that.”

IC: Klackk turned and saw a scythe lying against the wall next to a rough and tumble looking character. The scythe could be worth something, or at least, a decent weapon so he resolved that he would come into possession of it.He turned towards the merchant he had just addressed and, lying through his teeth, said," Oh, I thought you were someone else. My bad." He walked towards the owner of the weapon. “Is this frosted ale?” He asked, picking up and eyeing the stranger’s drink. He then tossed the contents of the glass at the guy, grabbed the scythe and bolted for the door.