Funny issues you've faced when MOCing

I thank you for your condolences. Plussee will be missed.

2 Likes

I have broken so many of those connectors. Enough to have a cemetery dedicated to broken parts

This explains my issue perfectly.

21 Likes

Sometimes after I finish a Moc, I will come back to it later and take it apart then rebuild it. I don’t know why I think it’s a good idea, but I do it anyways, and then bye bye Moc.

2 Likes

When you find a piece after 5 minutes of searching…

and it’s broken.

5 Likes

I recently had to take apart my Stronius for parts on a Moc (mostly for the dark red joints)…he was my favourite glatorian and I had him up on my shelf for so long. It was so sad when the moment came to disassemble him…
RIP
one day, hopefully, an order from bricklink shall restore him…:sweat:

1 Like

I dropped $30 on pieces for a lego tiki I wanted to build, but I ran out of brown.

2 Likes

A few times I’ve found a part and grabbed it for later then when I need it I go looking for it for 20 minutes then realize I have been holding it this whole time😱

2 Likes

Forgetting that the piece you’re looking for isn’t on the floor mess. You organized your bins a week ago and it’s in there.

1 Like

when i was building joseph

i used a trans blue mata hand in his core build, which was needed for another moc

had to take apart him slowly in sections so i could replace that one piece

2 Likes

When the ends of your 3L pins crack, but you’re running out of them, so you use them anyway as to not be wasteful

7 Likes

when you officially run out of creative ideas even when you have nearly 200 ideas for characters
I think I might need a break

3 Likes

When you have an idea for a moc but actually executing it fails and you end up with something completely different.

And I’ve reached every mocers least favorite time; choosing which Mocs to kill for their parts or just needing the space.

Edited for Double Post.
~Chronicler

2 Likes

Putting the last piece of the moc together then to have it blow up in your hands. It sucks. Really.

Or building in this f’n room.

4 Likes

was the last piece c4?

6 Likes

I’m currently having my own problems trying to build an ldd moc out of my collection and keep track of what parts I need to order. Doesn’t help system isn’t sorted yet either.

You know those flat technic beams? They almost always come in pairs. So why do I only have one in each color?

6 Likes

TAMW you are stumped trying to build a decent lower jaw design, and you just leave your Moc with a gaping mouth open for the rest of the week

I can’t seem to stop using the inika torso, 95% of all the moc’s I’ve ever created use the inika torso. I’ve been using them ever since they were introduced in 2006. I love it and hate it at the same time.

3 Likes

I usually use 'em as a placeholder when I’m too lazy or don’t have the time to make a custom torso from scratch :stuck_out_tongue: