Future Bionicle Video Games?

Hello everyone!

So I’ve got an interesting bit of information for you.

Some of you may know me from my Bionicle t-shirts on redbubble.com. It was featured on the podcast a while back. Now recently I was issued a copyright claim on two of my Bionicle designs. (“The Three Virtues” and “Bionicle Pride”) I find it strange that those were the only two that were taken down when I have character designs too. But what is even more interesting is who issued the takedown. “Activision Publishing Inc.” Could this mean they are involved in Bionicle somehow? Are we going to see some new Bionicle games? I can’t think of any other reason why they would issue a copyright clam unless they had ownership of some kind.

This could mean nothing or maybe it could be related to the app game that is already out. But I thought I would share and I would love to hear your thoughts!

(By the way, I have read redbubble.com’s rules on copyright and I am not violating them. However these things still happen sometimes and I don’t have the time, energy or the means to fight them.)

3 Likes

Probably just Activision being horrible people. Sorry bro.

3 Likes

Most likely, but I still thought it was interesting.

1 Like

can you fight their claim in any way? haven’t seen the shirts but I see no reason why they would take down a ■■■■■ design.

1 Like

I would, but unfortunately the steps I would have to take in order to dispute the claim are complicated. It’s not a simple as emailing Redbubble with a reason to put it back, and I just don’t have the time to get involved with it. Getting a few things taken down isn’t worth it when I can always add more designs that won’t get claimed.

1 Like

Is it possible your shirts were similar in design to any Activision related shirts? This whole thing seems rather odd.

1 Like

Do you still have your shirts designs? We can possibly compare it with other Activision material.

1 Like

Here they are, but I can’t think of anything Activision related.

The Three Vitrues

Bionicle Pride

1 Like

its very interesting how Activision wanted them taken down . . however i think that activision were just being mean

“If we don’t profit, no one does.”
-Activision

1 Like

What do you think a bionicle video game could be like? In my opinion, you would go through all of the years in bionicle. Traveling through each island, being the toa, fighting and learning about the main villains. Lets discuss how it would work!
My first thought is that after getting through the first menu screen, you would enter a list of picture frames. Two have pictues. The first has a picture of the toa mata and the other has a picture of the toa metru. After beating the 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005 years, you move on to the igniaka trilogy. But you would be able to beat 2004 and 2005 before you could beat 2001, 2002, 2003. After beating each year and moving on, you could revisit each phase of the islands. Now, what do you think the game play would be like? How different would the toa be in each of their game play style.
What do you think? Put down suggestions!

Unfortunately I can not program and if this hypothetical game were to exist, unless one of the people on the messange boards were to work on this game, we can’t take any credit for this awsome hypothetical game!! HI. Have a nice day.

1 Like

well there is
MNOG
MNOG 2
VNOG
Bionicle: The Game
Bionicle: Heroes
and a couple more I can’t remember

4 Likes

But one closer to the story. Plus all of the years where you could explore almost the whole island that appeared each story.

1 Like

I think it’d be better for a BIONICLE game to try and focus on a single year’s story than try and encompass the whole entire saga. That’s be too much content to do and each storyline would have to get only a little bit of focus.

5 Likes

maybe it would be a series of video games?

2 Likes

There’s plenty of options to go about.

One could be an mmorpg. It could be set on one of the islands as they have both cities, towns as well as wildlands, so it could potentially balance itself out. There’s plenty of crafts available and a lot of unique abilities to utilise from kanoka to rhotuka to kanohi to elements. The quest lines could expand into other islands later on.

My preferred version would probably be a story-focused game, perhaps in the gameplay style of the new God of War, which knits fantasy and narrative nicely together. (I haven’t actually played GoW, but somehow I’ve watched a lot of cutscenes on youtube) A key problem is who would be the main character. While we love toa teams, it would be beneficial to keep the focus and point of view consistent somehow, as hopping between characters can break the story development and narrative. There’s enough of bionicle lore to keep a steady flow of baddies to beat at least.

1 Like

Maybe… takua could be the main character?

If the game’s combat-oriented, then that wouldn’t probably work due to Takua being a chronicler and arguably inexperienced in combat. Not without retconning his character to an extent. I could imagine him being a sidekick or secondary character and then taking the mantle of main character once he becomes Takanuva though.

1 Like

With how most BIONICLE stories are about teamwork and camaraderie I’d imagined the game would either have to have an emphasis on Co-Op or would be a game where you control multiple characters at once. One idea I though of was a Tactical RPG in the vein of Super Robot Taisen.

Nier: Automata has frequent character-switching in it’s second half and it’s one of the best video game stories I’ve ever seen. You could also go the Killer7 route and have character-switching on the fly. You could also have separate campaigns for each different character, culminating in a final campaign where they meet up like in Odin’s Sphere.

1 Like

Maybe kinda what lego does in most games they have now where you switch between the characters in their games!.