G3 Civil War Set Concepts Overview

Overall, I think you’ve done an incredible job on all of the sets. (Including the Fortresses, Gukko etc.)
They certainly feel BIONICLE and look very different from anything, especially Ninjago.

My favorite so far is the Motari Attack Force.

My questions: Are you planning on doing offensive sets and defensive sets for all of the regions?

My criticisms:

• The turret on the Gukko Bird. Sure, it looks cool af, but what is it there for? No other region has the capability of attacking this Gukko force from above, which is the only way it can shoot.

Also, I think the best weapon the Kanaeans on the Gukko would be able to use are flechettes.

Get several bags of these and then just unload them as you’re passing an enemy army and boy, you’ve got a massacre down there!
Best thing? They can do nothing about it!

Yeah, probably a bit of an overkill for it to be used in a kids show…
But hey, people are experts on inventing different ways to kill other people, why wouldn’t the Matorans be the same?

The Nahoan, Ihuan and Mangaian architecture: The Mangaian fort suffers the least out of this.
I feel like this is a universal problem with the G3 Matoran cultures. They aren’t defined yet, especially the architecture.

But I feel like we can do better than simply diversifying the regions by color in the sets. The Mangaian forts could have a roman-esque style to them, (Roman forts are great, after all!)

The Ihuans, on the other hand, could use more ice on their structures. (Although I agree that Ihuans are probably the hardest to develop a style for)

And the Nahoans… Well, the gate you’ve built looks like a simple castle with turrets. Tbh I don’t even know if Nahoans would have forts like these, since they love ships and sailing so much. (I guess they could use some naval invasion-style strategiest in the Civil War, similar to pirates?)

But if anything, I guess their architecture could have some polynesian influence. (Maybe they don’t built in stone at all!)

4 Likes

I am planning on doing an offensive and defensive for each, they may not all be the same size but hopefully I’ll get them done, time limits remember.

As for the turret on the Gukko, perhaps some other region will develope some method of flying, but how could they? Their heads must be full of too much hot air… oh wait.

In my brainstorm for the events of the war, the Nahoans build stone forts to bolster their defenses, this causes the greatest rebuilding of the region, with all coastal towns building a small fort or at least a tower of some sort to see oncoming attackers and mount a sizable defense from the oceans to the riverlands.

When it comes to the flechettes, I can do that in a function form. There are tons of piece combinations like the micro missile pieces.

2 Likes

When i said fortress, i was thinking of something like this:

Not exactly a large castle or a fortress, but still big enought so that it’s not defenseless.

Plus the castle could have been an abandon one that the brotherhood took as their own when they discoverd it.

4 Likes

Star Wars strikes again - remember Palpatine’s red office? Sith Imagery in plain sight. Norik could have chambers with a Brotherhood motif.

3 Likes

Perhaps, maybe a small shrine in a corner?

Not just shrines; the overall colour palette could be used as well.

Hope this helps.

Naho is a region inhabited mostly by large floating cities. So here you have an example of floating man made islands.

They can have a capital city on an actual island, but most of the defensive strategies would be similar to sink the ships before they reach the man-made islands. As for the actual island, not sure.

The idea I had for the Naho was that they have a bridge system connecting the main islands to the other regions, this is where the set is based as this is what the enemy regions what to take as the Naho would otherwise easily defeat them in naval combat if they travelled using the ocean or river systems.

Perhaps a boat based bridge defense though…

Ok I may end up redoing the Naho set.

[Edit] Naho set complete, all sets now complete.

Oh man, these are so cool!

1 Like

Cast just talked about many of these in the latest Brainstorm. I’d go and watch it yourself mate; there’s a lot of positive stuff that’l make you feel very warm inside.

Naho Bridge they really liked; they suggested that the bridge could potentially be shorter, yet more detailed.

The Ihu and Motara Attack Force sets were really popular; their only problems with those was too many minifigures. So, that version of the Mahi is probably better than mine officially, and they loved the detail.

The Mangai stronghold they suggested to be a bit large and pricey for a non-licensed theme, but they liked the design and the inclusion of the Zephyrs, and they were fine with the minifigure count.

The Stealth Gukko went down well, they liked the idea of having the transport Gukko one year and the attack Gukko the next.

The Ihuan Gate (and yes, they confirmed that it’s Ihuan), was received very well; they quite liked that gazebo, but they had some discussions regarding the interior detail and the price point. Not negative, really, more general notes.

In summation, Rahi are freaking awesome.

2 Likes

@Jon I’m assuming you were there, if you weren’t, my bad, I’m currently on a long trip so I haven’t seen the podcast but I’ll work off what Sanokal’s said, so addressing these criticisms.

• Naho Bridge: Yeah fair enough, half of the bridge could have had the function and the other side been a more detailed piece.

• Attack forces: Yep, wholeheartedly agree, but on the plus think of it like this, we have more variants of Ihuan minifigures that we could see in the future maybe?

• Mangai Stronghold: Yeah, the piece count is massive, I should have removed the double turret wall, the inner tower and the forge, would have saved 400 or so pieces I think.

• Stealth Gukko: Zephyrs for life. But seriously if we ever get to the point of elemental creatures, Gukko 3.0.

• Ihuan Gate: but bunk beds, they’re so cutie makooti, again fair point, this one is kinda in the middle for me of being large but playable.

Overall this is some good criticism and I’ll watch the full episode when I find some stable internet. If there are any more suggestions from anyone in the community or the cast, well, I need some inspiration.

I’m kinda thinking I should do more Rahi based sets, maybe one region using a large Rahi to attack another?

Episode’s on YouTube, and the highlight video is your stuff (bar the third topic, feel free to skip that one).

1 Like

Just seen it, I’m really happy the cast liked the mocs, I know there were a lot to look at @IllustriousVar They skimmed some stuff to it, I did add a lot of lore in the topics so hopefully they read through or have read the topics fully.

I have a few small things I haven’t uploaded but I don’t expect they’ll be out anytime soon.