G3 Set Concept: Motara Caravan

The Bara Magna vehicles aren’t part of the Matoran Universe though and that is where the first eight years took place. I know it is a challenge to create a set line without wheels but it is doable and really sets the aesthetic apart from any other theme. Looking at the incredible model you have made, I can think of a couple different workarounds for the cylindrical wheels: we could use a sled like bottom for the wagon to glide over the sand or possibly even ball bearing “wheels” system.

This is all just my personal opinion and how I have been approaching set concepts. By no means is anything wrong with your build, this was just a small aesthetic I was hoping the cast and community might adopt.

1 Like

Everytime I see your MOCs I wanna build whole villages and towns in your style. Amazing.

3 Likes

I do know that that Bara Magna isn’t part of the Matoran Universe, I just said these vehicles were an inspiration, and I know that it would be possible to do a set line without wheels, but I think its not that likely Lego would limit a line like this.
In addition in MNOG (which I know is not completely canon, but is one of the most important sorces for matoran culture) they use wheelbarrows in Onu-Koro
Image here
But this all comes down to opinions. I don’t think it’s that important to not use wheels, but I respect your idea of a more unique style for the theme.

4 Likes

I love this, though I worry for the stability of those tiny legs on that big beetle

I worried as well, thats why I tested with my real Lego-sets how much they can hold and it should work

1 Like

If anything, it could be done Pewku style.
Love the MoC! You’ve done it again!

I’ve said it before about your MOCs, but they take the concept of Bionicle System and totally run away with it. None of these look like sets you could get with Ninjago, or any other line.

The beetle you have is a fantastic build, and the features you include with the set make it totally worthwhile. I love the wagon and the aesthetic you’ve given it too. The reuse of parts is also ingenious - the shield pieces make for wonderfully detailed wheels, and just the little details such as the cactus and the old head completely sell this for me. Honestly, I would love to own this.

Keep up the great work! I hope to see a lot more of your MOCs soon.

9 Likes

That looks excellent, and I’m really warming to that placeholder mask for the Rahkshi. The bug reminds me quite a bit of the Vahki transport, was that intentional, or were you going for more of an Ussal vibe?

No I intentionally didn’t go for an ussal design, because I think pewku is more crab-like and I thought this wouldn’t fit that much in a desert. The design I initially wanted to do was a mix of the Vahki transport and Click, but it lookt a bit weird with the horn, so I did it kind of my own thing.

3 Likes

Ah, righto. I mainly thought Ussal might have been part of the thought process because I assumed that the Mata Nui era stuff largely serviced the designs.

Once again, this looks amazing. Can you tell me what piece you used for the end of Panrah’s tail? The one that the horns are connected to.

Said piece is a Bionicle minifigure arm, specifically included with the 2006-2007 play sets.

1 Like

Really dig both the quality of the renders and the models itself. That’s a good bug!

Also kudos for making it appear like an official LEGO set image. :smiley:

1 Like

I would buy this in a heartbeat. Beyond impressed with the insect, especially. Fantastic job!

Yeeeesss. All the yeeeessss!

Overall, this is incredible. I especially appreciate the sophisticated system-based techniques, since those are a little rare around here. And of course, the giant Tiki head is a welcome addition.

Oh man, this is cool. I’d definitely be interested in buying this set.

This is great. Loving this so much. I gotta ask though, is it possible to see a deconstruction of the statue head?

I’ll send you the Images fo the LDD building instructions in a private message.

'Nother little blurb.

Motara Caravan
The Matoran of Motara are used to their caravans being attacked, but they never expected to be attacked by a Rahkshi! Pack the tent onto the Krahli’s wagon and prepare to escape, while Toa Pohatu defends the Krahli from Panrahk’s sharp claws and stinger tail!

1 Like