G3 Set Concept: The Lost Shrine of Wind

Thanks a lot

I love this so much. As a person who likes seeing more locations and less vehicles in LEGO (yet still primarily buys vehicles), your stuff has been a fantastic mix of the two, with this one possibly being the best one yet. The G1 Lewa statue, the Gukko, the overall look of the set… it’s perfect. Keep up the great work this year. I’m eager to see more.

As always, you’ve beaten me to the goal, you’ve done the Gukko, which I have to say, amazing job. This design is amazing and I’m now a little hesistant to upload my own designs, this is a heck of a lot better than what I’ve got rendering.

Statue: genius
Scenery: incredible
Minifigs: next-level
overall: Amazing!

One kinda iffy thing I have (aside the kinda meh renders I may not upload) is your piece count is pretty high, do you have a set target range you try and reach each time? Or does it just happen naturally?

I normally have a plan how large my set should be (I normally think about which price range it would be in), but if it turns out differently and I like it the way it is, I dont stick to my initial plan.

1 Like

Ah, I see, I’m trying to stick to the $45-65 range.

This build is stunning, by far my favorite to date. It captures the Bionicle feel in a way I have never seen any other system moc do. Masterfully done my friend.

P.S. What rendering program do you use? SimLab Composer Lite may be a quicker option.

I’ve got a bit too much of an imagination, so I went and made a blurb for each of your sets.

The Lost Shrine of Wind
Lerahk aims to tear down history by destroying the ancient statue of the first Toa Lewa! It’s up to the current Toa Lewa and Sokoda to stop the malevolent Rahkshi from dissolving the shrine with his acidic poison. Use Lewa’s air axes to cut the pins holding up the bridges, while Sokada defends from the sky with his stud-shooting Gukkofighter!

1 Like

@RAKRONDEWL thanks for your nice comment, I use LDD-to-PoV Ray but I’m open to a different program, because it deffenitly has some flaws does SimLab Composer support custom decals?
@Sanokal wow I love these blurbs youre writing, I could totally imagine texts like these on Legos website.

2 Likes

Cheers. I’m genuinely just having fun writing these with a big grin on my face. Might think of one for that arena that Kardrax did.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to find a way to add decals in SimLab Composer. After converting a model, the functionality of decals becomes lost. This is probably the biggest con to this program.

yeah thats a problem with many render programs, thats what I like about LDD to PoV Ray

Could you make instructions for the statue? I really want to build it myself.

I’ll send you a private message with the LDD instructions

It’s really weird hearing Lewa referred to as a male, now.

… Not really… to me at least, still much to G1 invested for that.
Perhaps, considering this is a G3 set design, than yes, it could be considered odd, but just hearing Lewa referred to as male? Not really.

But hey, to each their own, to each their own.

1 Like

That’s probably what explains it for me. I only really got interested in Bionicle G1 after it was cancelled.

1 Like

Ah, that makes sense. I’ve always been more of a G1 fan than a G3, sure, couple o’ interesting concepts in but, well, it has yet to catch my attention like G1 has.

I don’t think it’s weird, because “Lewa” is a title in G3 and the first Lewa was much more like the G1 version.

@DarkHenrik, I’ve drawn up a monolith themed after Lewa that I think matches some of the descriptions of the kini nui idea. Imagine these relief cravings are engraved in the six pillars, each themed after a different Toa.

2 Likes

That looks amazing.

1 Like