G3 Set Concept: The Lost Shrine of Wind

Nice

I like the addition of the Makoki Stone too.

By the way, at one point in the past, the TTV crew talked about the golden masks serving as keys to mask vaults, and if i remember correctly, i think maybe the Kini Nui would serve as one such vault, or it might just be me remembering things wrong and it’s an idea i had which was based on theirs. But anyway, it would be interesting if a feature on these monoliths was that one could place a golden mask in them which thus allowed one to use a play feature of the set that opens the vault door in Kini Nui.

1 Like

This actually brings me to another sketch I drew up. It’s a relief carving of a Kanohi Hau as designed in G3. It was partly inspired by the sundial from G1, hence the markings on the ring surrounding the mask shaped niche.

Perhaps the carving could part of a key that works similar to this diagram Christian Faber drew up for his inital Bohrok pitch with Three Finger Island back in G1. only in this case, the relief carving sends a beam of energy from the mask through grooves in the floor, up the monolith, and then out of the top, the golden mask materializes and drifts into the Toa’s hands.

Of course, this is merely in story. How such a mechanism would be built in LEGO is beyond me…

The ground plan would look something like a transmutation circle in alchemy, with the six carvings for each mask placed at the points of the Hexagram

Side note, I love how some of the colors on these astrological symbols correspond to the colors of the Toa. Tahu/Narmoto as Mars is dead on, and Onua/Korgot as Saturn is just way too perfect when you consider that was the Roman god of Agriculture. Venus also feels somewhat fitting to Vizuna/Lewa.

2 Likes

@Sokoda Would you possibly be so nice and share the instructions for the Lewa statue? That statue is so amazing

Yeah I can send it to you, I already made ot for someone else

1 Like

love it if these become official I would totally buy this though what might be cool is to add 1 or 2 nui rama for them to fight though not helping Lerhak just for the gukko and its pilot to fight though also why a robot gukko? I mean isn’t it already a bio- mechanical creature just asking

The Robot-Gukko was an idea the cast talked about during the Podcast and I thought it would be a cool idea, that the Kanaians try to build vehicles inspiried by the Gukko

1 Like

ok but is it possible for the nui-rama? and please don’t make this one or the Onua set exclusive might work better for the managian wall to be exclusive because it’s your only civil wars set (don’t have exclusive lego stores where I live ). how do you make your post images
so real looking and just cuz lerhak is my favorite rakshi in G3 so just got to get this if it becomes official

I don’t think this will ever be official, so it also doesn’t matter if it would be a LEGO Store exclusive, because it will not be a real set^^.
The Nui-Rama would be possible, but I’m not planning on changing my old sets, I’m working on new ones already. You also have to think about the piece count, if the set would have two more Nui-Rama it would also be more expensive, and I normally try to do my sets for a certain pricepoint I set in my mind.
I make my images by rendering LDD models in the program PoV-Ray, with the program LDD-to-PoV-Ray I can add the decals, I design myself. After that I paint the masks on the rendered images.
I hope this helps

so is poV-ray a website or is it part of this website because I would like to make set ideas like this

POV-Ray is a program you can download that you can use to render LDD files in. It makes the presentation much nicer than simply taking screenshots of your LDD builds.

2 Likes

Yeah you also need the program LDD-to-PoV Ray to convert the LDD files into files that pov-ray can use
LDD-to-PoV Ray website

cool will check out some time

You can also use bluerender, which is what I use but I believe Pov-ray gives you some extra features such as prints which can add to your detail, Sokoda has mastered this in my opinion.

That being said, I’m yet to make the switch.

In my break I did after my first season I searched for different programs, but I didn’t find anything that has prints and the LEGO-Logo on the studs except for PoV-Ray

1 Like

I’d love to see more pieces like this rendered for bricklink so that more fans would be able to submit work and engage with the community. Maybe someone with the skills could render some parts for design purposes?

1 Like