Oomatu Art: Ga-Wahi Concept [ART UPDATE: The City of Sails]

Updated with new Concept Art:
“The City of Sails”

This mobile city is prefect for navigating the treacherous currents of the Naho Tidepools.

95 Likes

I like the idea here, although I think there’s too much tan going on. I feel like you could push the coral forest more with more blues and greens and even pinks, but the tan makes it seem more like a canyon with a lot of waterfalls.

4 Likes

I totally get what you’re saying. I’ll touch this one up and add it to this thread.

Can’t wait to see it! And don’t get me wrong, this looks amazing, and I love everything about it, I just think there’s room for conceptual growth.

1 Like

I’d love to see this in an official BIONICLE promotional piece.

1 Like

Just like your other artwork this looks excellent! I really love the idea of coral growing on land; it just seems so unique and Bionicle-like.

Funnily enough, my only complaint is that I feel like Gali’s hooks are too curved. I feel like they need to end sooner, if you get what I mean, so the tips don’t come so close to the base. Otherwise I feel like they would be ineffective as weapons/tools.

Once again, amazing work and I can’t wait to see what you draw next!

:ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand:

This is awesome. I like the idea of coral on land, and the colors are amazing.

I LOOOOVE the updated version! Exactly what I was talking about!

27/10 would love again.

3 Likes

When i see this i get the feeling that this would work greatly as an open world adventure game.

I mean seriously, this looks less like a normal island and more like some alien world, which at this point i think would work greatly for Bionicle G3.

1 Like

^this.

Even I have to admit, I’m 100% for this ga wahi.

Though I do have a request, could we perhaps see high tide?

I was waiting for this. I’ll try to get to it later tonight.

4 Likes

Beautifully done as usual. The emphasis on the coral forest could be stronger conveyed, but I overall really like the concept of the environment filling with water then draining.

1 Like

The third piece of art looks epic, just like the rest. I also really like the idea of the area filling up and emptying over time. I suppose that must also mean this region is below sea level, at least partially, so that the whole island doesn’t flood!

1 Like

I had thought of that, thought not in specifics. I’ll have to think about the specifics of how it would work

1 Like

This is simply fantastic. I think it would be really cool to have G1 styled lily-pad huts, slowly rising and falling over the course of a day. also such large tides indicate either a large moon, or the planet is orbiting very close to the sun, both of which are cool ideas to me.

The third piece is amazing as usual, love the submerged look. I can totally imagine Hali swimming down to harvest shells and seaweed from the bottom of the tidepool.

1 Like

I absolutely love this concept, it’s able to keep elements of G1’s Ga-Wahi but also makes it directly unique. The idea of an environment that continues to refill ever day is pretty amazing. I’d love to see what the floating huts look like in this concept; I’m thinking of the lilypads in my head by default, but like floating rafts and stuff would also be really cool. Each hut could be like it’s own little ship, that docks with the larger rafts with some modular hinge. You could customize each hut with like a tiny engine room, or like a sail or paddles.

3 Likes

YES, totally. These are all great ideas! I also had some ideas for temples that are only accessible during low tide. For non-water breathers, this could provide for some interesting and intense adventures.

Also: @ReeseEH , I was basing her hooks off Maori hooks, which have a sharp inward curve.

3 Likes

YEEEESSS!! I love it! Sort of an Atlantian feel, with the temple in the bottom of the tidepool, carved from the coral reef…

1 Like