Garstang

Large topic ahead…

Well here’s a MOC I never thought I’d be making a topic about…

About 2 years ago, I was driving up to see grandparents, when I noticed a road sign. Now, I’ve been to see them hundreds of times, but not once had I seen a sign with this written on it. The place on the sign, of course, was Garstang, and the more I thought about it, the more I liked the word, and begun to imagine it being a name for one of my characters. So the character began to develop in my head, and eventually I knew exactly how he looked, but not once have I tried to make him. He was only in my head, because he was too complex to make, he had too many details.

Anyways Garstang exists in the same place as Kardymis, but rather than them being a dynamic duo, they stay out of each other’s ways, unless they really need to would together. Garstang’s personality is opposite to Kardymis’. He’s laid back and doesn’t tend to play by the rules, but he’ll get the job done either way.

Anyways fast forward to a week ago, and out of pure boredom I managed to actually start to make him, even though I knew of the challenges that it would include. The first of which being his now iconic (to me) leather jacket. My options were make one, or buy one. I opted for the latter, and eventually found one that fitted on eBay. He also has 3 weapons; two identical pistols, and a large knife. Since I lost access to the laser cutter where I made Kardymis’ sword, I had to find a piece to make it from by hand. Plus, I had already made one of the guns a while back… I knew that I would have to include all of the proper storage for these weapons, and have a good amount of other accessories too, but anyways, enough talking…

Meet Garstang:

##The details

Now You may notice that there are quite a few colours going on, and that is intentional. Some may think it’s a bad thing, but I find it to be… realistic, plus it is my character after all.

I don’t expect everyone to have read everything, but either way I hope you enjoyed it, and feel free to leave any feedback in the comments.

87 Likes

My first reaction was just “Woaaaaah.”

3 Likes

Very interesting. I don’t see cloths on a moc like this very often. Great work.

2 Likes

That jacket is beyond wicked!

Solid MOC here!

3 Likes

Looks ready for a Grease audition.

5 Likes

Nice work!

1 Like

I mean, the whole thing is amazing, but…that jacket…

So does he have a biker gang?

5 Likes

@Runa @EmperorDuckie @PakariNation99 @MaxinePrimal @TheMOCingbird Thanks all for the feedback!

3 Likes

Bionicle, but with more bikers.

4 Likes

Yes, kholi on motorcycles!

6 Likes

Kohli on motorcycles! That will never happen…

4 Likes

You never know…

3 Likes

I’ve just realised that some of the photos aren’t coming out right, particularly one of my favourites. If you really want to see please go to my Flickr.

2 Likes

Seems fine to me

1 Like

They said that about card games, but look what happened there…

4 Likes

Well you can sometimes mess with the rules if you have money.

Idk if we can say screw the rules on TTV, I’m too broke to screw those rules.

2 Likes

This looks amazing!

1 Like

I did in the ‘Your Last Words topic, so it should be fine.

ALSO DID SOMEONE SAY CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES?!

3 Likes

Words cannot describe how awesome this is.

1 Like

I may have indeed mentioned the act of playing a children’s card game on motorcycles.

3 Likes