Gavla, The Thief (MOC)

I wrote a short story to go along with the MOC so that will probably be linked.
Edit: here ya go! Adventures of Gavla The Thief

After many versions, here is Gavla, The Thief:

The shoulder spikes can be detached, and used as weapons:

Comments and feedback are appreciated!

30 Likes

I really like your use of color, and the mask is a good blend for those colors. Now it may be me, but the only problem I am looking at is the shoulders. For the rest of the parts of the build you have similar portions of size and length. I just think you shoulders go wide, but I also like the weapon storage feature. Oh and love the use of the wheels, but good MOC, now to read the back story

1 Like

That’s a lot of greebling

1 Like

@Izewolf I took your advice and extended the shoulders half a peg. I’m really thankful for the comment as it helps me get an idea of what’s good and not so good. I hope the back story didn’t make you “cringe” to much.

@Rockho That it is my friend, that it is.

I updated the pictures after realizing that they weren’t that great quality.

very nice!

1 Like

i like this

1 Like

@Ace um… I’m thankful for the comment, but you could just give the original post a like, it states the same thing. I’m glad you like it though.

Same kinda goes for @yolo360nosescope, I got no problem with you saying you like it, it just feels kinda redundant.

1 Like

i do like how the weapons integrate into the shoulder

1 Like

His color scheme is depressing… and for some reason, I really like that.
He’s got some weird gaps, the ends of the blue half-pins on the back of the thighs stick out with all the black aound them, the bushing pieces on the front of the thighs also stick out, but more physically than because of their colors, and he needs some tires on his lower ams; but he’s a good and very interesting MOC, well done.

1 Like

I don’t see too much of the actual Gavla in it, but it’s not bad. However the textures need some work, with all the greebles and whatnot.

1 Like

@Charassy thanks for the advice, as for the blue pins I only have one in black so until I can acquire another, sadly that’ll have to stay. Same for the tires, I ended up using most of my collection for this MOC. Though I’ll start working on those gaps. I hope my excuses aren’t to bad.

@BBricks what do you mean by the textures? As for the name it was mostly just me being lazy and not wanting to give her a original name.

1 Like

The greebling. It’s a MOCing term that means lots a technical details to make something seem more appealing to the eye.

And what I mean by textures is that you have smooth armor and not smooth armor. It doesn’t look too bad, but it does need a little work (so basically every single Bionicle set ever is like this MOC but this MOC is better than the average Bionicle set).

1 Like