General Movie Discussion

Eh, Kingdom of Crystal Skull wasn’t the best but I thought it was quite decent. Maybe except for aliens, but I enjoy that movie as well. Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Last Crusade are still my favourites.

1 Like

Citizen Kane > Pulp Fiction, Clockwork Orange > OG TF movie > rest

2 Likes

You, have good taste.

Speaking of Pulp Fiction, what do you think was in the case?

3 Likes

“DA SOUL OF MARSELLUS WALLACE!”

No, but really, I dont know or really want to know since it’s just a McGuffin.
But I guess the closest real answer I think is just gold.

How about you?

2 Likes

F̶a̶l̶l̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶4̶:̶ ̶P̶i̶p̶-̶B̶o̶y̶ ̶E̶d̶i̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶/̶c̶o̶/̶’̶s̶ ̶S̶U̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶b̶a̶s̶e̶

I’m thinking that it’s just some kind of gold, diamonds or artifact.

3 Likes

The Force Awakens is the best movie ever.

Arguments with or against me?

2 Likes

Against.

Personal opinion, Force Awakens is my favorite of the seven Star Wars films, but I would have to say that it is not the best ever. I believe that A New Hope is better, even though I may enjoy The Force Awakens more. Objectively I’d say that there are even more movies in the giant library of cinema that are better in at least one aspect than either A New Hope or Force Awakens.

3 Likes

Saw Only Yesterday a few days ago. I was about to consider it one of the best movies so far of 2016, but then I discovered it’s original release was in 1991. So that kinda disqualifies it. Great film tho, see it if it’s playing near you.

1 Like

One of, if not my favourite movie of all time:

1 Like

Has anyone ever made a General Animated Movie Discussion?

2 Likes

I haven’t seen the 2nd one. I’ll have to check that out, but I’m still skeptical…one of the best things about the 1959 movie is that they never actually show Jesus’ face, but you still feel His influence on the story very strongly. Kind of a “less is more” thing. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I agree. The unfortunate thing is in the trailer Jesus does talk and converse a lot with Judah. (And by unfortunate thing, I don’t mean it’s bad that Jesus is talking, but it’s bad that we lose that less is more awesomeness. Though… I’m sure you gathered that.)
Could it work?
Hopefully.
Will it?
Um… Maybe.

2 Likes

Ok, so I’ve got a bit of a question:

Could someone who has seen the Death Note Netflix movie tell me their thoughts about it?

Because the series itself was suggested to me by some friends, but I personally don’t like those Japanese art styles so I would like to know how it compares.

1 Like

Only movies that will be remembered for ages are worthy of going to theaters with no hesitation…others are pirate material.

1 Like

I recently saw Dunkirk. It’s more than just a movie, it’s an immersive experience that truly makes you feel like you’re into the situation. My favorite part by far was the areal conflict on the planes because they’re just so realistic: every time a plane turned, you could hear the sound of the metal vibrating (which also makes you realize how much of a slim sheet of metal they actually were), when they got hit, there was no big explosion at all, but the real simple smoke trail, and it was so good when they landed (or they splashed down in the sea). People rarely speak, and there aren’t really flashed out characters (which added to the grounded realism, as I highly doubt anyone would speak a word in such a situation).

Overall, I encourage everyone to watch it in the movie theater with the biggest screen and sound system you can find, because it’s a true blast! Nolan and his crew did a fantastic job.

1 Like

So Pacific Rim 2 looks amazing. The new robot designs are awesome, what we’ve seen of the new kaiju looks promising, the premise seems pretty good, and by god if the movie is half as good as this trailer music, its sure to fantastic.

1 Like

It doesnt feel like pacific rim 1 though

1 Like

Yeah, the general tone does seem to be different, but I’m hyped none the less.

1 Like

And that’s about all it had going for it.

When you (used to) go to movie theaters, what do you like to eat?

I usually have a nachos and a sprite. Sometimes I get a small pizza too.

2 Likes