General Questions [Questions]

@odnanref101993 there should be a trash can here

Iā€™m just curious, what parts of Oomatuā€™s map of Arthaka are considered canon? I know the geography, and the individual regions are, but what about more specific locations such as Mt. Vakama or the temples devoted to the Element Lords?

1 Like

I have to ask a question here. Should I link to the time stamps in the podcast where I find the answers to some questions? Or just leave the format as is. I am wondering this because I found that I answered some interesting bit of the lore here, but the questions were never truly asked in this thread. I wonder how you make polls here.

If the answer is yes, I will need help finding some things. It proved really cumbersome trying to find a specific reference in all the podcasts. I still cannot find some.

Has it been established that the Rahkshi gained their powers as a result of their mutations? Or could they have gained their Rahkshi powers, but not their forms through some other means beforehand e.g. a ritual relying on some forbidden magic

I believe the current explanation is that their powers are a corruption of their original element. (The element going to the ā€œdark sideā€). This would mostly be from Makutaā€™s influence slowly eating at them while they go through with their Brotherhood duties.

1 Like

Yes, their powers are a corruption of their original elements. However it has never been established when they gain the ability to use them.

1 Like

Has it been established whether the Vako and the Fire Spitters the same creatures?

The current story bible describes the Fire-spitters as ā€œThe Firespitter is a dragon-like creature whose nest is located deep in the core of the Great Volcanoā€(p6-7).

Vako are later described as ā€œreptilian creatures that dwelled deep in the caverns of the great volcanoā€(p26-27)

In an earlier passage, there are references to these creatures as Fire Spitters:
ā€œNarmoto, a Mangaian general, leads an unadvised attack against a Firespitter, which drives the creature into the mountains of Ihu.ā€ (p22)

Later in the Civil War passage, Vako are described as:

ā€œaggressive in nature but mostly harmless so long as no one got too close. It became apparent, however, that the number had grown exponentially and the volcano was no longer enough to sustain their increased populace.ā€ (p26)

Which matches the initial description of the Firespitters in the Mangai section

"ā€¦Able to withstand intense heats and known for their rapid breeding cycles, the fire spitters have become a large nuisance to the people of Mangai. In recent years their growth has greatly threatened the city states, leading to a region-wide war against the rahi with efforts to rid the region of them entirely. " (p6-7)

Does that mean that ā€œFire Spitterā€ is just a common name for Vako, which is the proper name of the species?

2 Likes

I believe the two are synonymous, Vako being the proper name and Fire Spitter being cultural slang.

1 Like

Yeah, they are the same species.

1 Like

Thank god.
Well, the cast didnā€™t say that they werenā€™t when tgey covered tge Vako Nestā€¦

Well, they were the same thing, originally. Iā€™m not sure if they are phasing out the term Vako entirely, since they use it less and less. But yes, like the others have said, Vako would be the technical name and Fire Spitter is the common name.

3 Likes

Updated from the recent podcast.
I want to add little tidbits from the parts where this thread is not directly mentioned but it takes too much time.
Trying the link to the timestamp on the video. might break after today and might not be worth it. Let me know what you think

In the last podcast, there was a mention of Brickonicle possibly branching out into a more cosmic setting. Would there be any opposition towards bringing in villains such as the Bohrok into the universe as some sort of alien threat?

We all know that Brickonicle as we know it now will change. So I am not sure how this thread will continue and how it will change according to that.

Either way, I will continue to maintain the thread and edit the main post with unanswered and answered questions. I hope Brickonicle continues to live on in one form or another, even if the podcast format was flawed, it was a useful way to keep track of the information and answer questions posted by the community.

Either way, I guess the question I now have is, will Brickonicle continue as a cooperative proyect between several cast members? or will one member will take charge of the entire universe?

1 Like

Iā€™m assuming itā€™ll just go back to being part of the podcast, but itā€™s definitely still continuing.

Maybe itā€™ll just be a Boards thingā€¦

I cannot remember if this was asked here before, but does the lightning God is cannon? Does the lightning God create the lightning Toa? If the elemental Gods are the cooperative work of Makuta and Ekimu, then how did Karzhani make the lightning God? Can he replicate both powers? Wouldnā€™t Ekimu and makuta become suspicius when a seventh elemental God makes a seventh Toa?

1 Like

I would think Karzahni just makes the Matoran, so there wouldnā€™t be an Elemental Lord of Lightning. My headcanon is that Makuta turns Voriki into a synthetic Toa in an attempt to counter the real Toa. So an Elemental Lord wouldnā€™t be required.

Either that, or Makuta makes Voriki a Toa by creating a new Elemental Lord to grant the power. But such an Elemental Lord would probably be fully loyal to Makuta since its purpose isnā€™t to keep balance like the others, and thus has no reason to rebel. However, since Makuta is against making excessive sentience, I would think the first option fits better.

1 Like

Last I remember all the lightning matoran had died a long long time ago. Leaving Voriki as the last one.

Not sure on all the other things, but then if Voriki was made by makuta after Makuta was imprisoned, then she never participated on the war against the brothers.
I was curious because all lightning matoran are created by Karzahni.

1 Like

I even thought I heard a (dark) idea that Voriki killed all of the other Matoran as a result of madness, though that was suggested when the Mask Control would be in Elisiaā€¦