General Questions [Questions]

Yeah, Figured.
I the science stuff I was mainly wondering for things like Voriki using lightning to create a electrolysis in the water. Lewa controlling the resulting air, to extend their ability to be submerged under water. Also, it was to determine, although I think I forgot to ask, if Matoran, Toa and rahi require oxygen as their main metabolic catalyst. So if they need to breath oxygen or if they use another gas. Otherwise the electrolysis idea will not work. Also, if they can only survive at specific temperatures or envirmental conditions like us humans. Another question I forgot to ask is how advanced is their understanding on their needs and such. Do they know they need specific gas to breath? or they just know they require air. Do they know they can only survive at specific temperatures, how long they can survive without eating? drinking? Do they have organs that are fundamental for their bodies to function?

Can they survive with a whole through the chest? Do they replace damaged parts? or they they heal their injuries? Can they replace things like heads? Torsos? Arms? Legs? This is also important if you want to make war injuries important and meaningful. Matoran who went to war and lost limbs. Also, the answer to these questions set the bar on how important things are, fighting styles, and so on. If you want to defend what do you protect, where do you aim and when do you aim for such places.

I am sorry, I ended asking other questions. I was recently thinking on fighting styles and how each region fights. If they use types of martial arts and how do each develop. So these question are coming as a result of that.

2 Likes

They have said that the Matoran have synthetic parts and not organic, but I’m still waiting on the story bible to get the full details on that.

2 Likes

What I was wondering is, how do things like time work? I guess this is a bit of a pitch, but in my “History of Artakha” story pitches, I decided on some methods of keeping time. Years and days are the same length as Earth, but years are kept track in fourths, called seasons. Seasons are basically the same as Earth, but go by different names: Ta-Season (Summer), the warm season, Ko-Season (Winter), the cold season, Le-Season (Fall), the windy season, and Ga-Season (Spring), the wet season. In order to convert, just multiply the number of years by four to get seasons, and divide seasons by four to get years. Also, seconds are replaced by clacks, and minutes by clocks, and hours by clucks (inspired by Turaga Nuju’s way of speaking). They are all equal to Earth. Days and nights are still called days and nights. Those are my ideas for time.

Are Matoran still Ta-Matoran, and Ko-Matoran? I think there should be name differences in type of Matoran rather than “Mangaian” or “Ihuan”, because if a Mangaian and Ihuan were married, and they lived in Mangai, would the Ihuan still be considered an Ihuan? If not, it seems wrong to call them a “white Mangaian”. My idea is that Matoran might be racist and against interbreeding, limiting this down to a fewer amount of cases, but it would still be important.

Matoran children? Going back to the Mangaian and Ihuan marraige example, if they had a child, would the child be red, white, both, or pink? And would the elemental powers be fire, ice, neither, or both? Does the birthplace affect any of this?

Can you please make Matoran named Varderan, Jon, Mesonak, Prpl, and Venathen? I think I’ve gotten the Brainstorm cast down.

Is Artakha on a planet? If so, could this planet have more islands?

Where’s Karzahni during this again?

Are any Matoran to have made-up names?

Could we see a new Toa team in future years other than the protectors? Like maybe the Av-Matoran from '08? :wink: :wink: :wink:

Are there police forces?

Would you consider the different regions (Mangai, Ihu, Tiro, Motara, Naho, Kanae) one nation, or each are different. (I guess they’d be the same nation, as the have a civil war, but you never know)

Is the Red Star going to play any role in this? Like maybe something to do with Karzahni?

What is the origin of the Mask of Time? And the brothers? Who are the parents?

(I’ve been waiting for a topic like this)

2 Likes

Well, I do not think the brothers need to have parents. At least not in the traditional sense. They were born from the same thing: The primordial Chaos (I cannot remember what they named it in the published dropbox doc.) So in a sense they were born from the same thing, so they are brothers. I do not think they are genetically related, specially since genetics have no role in this world.

That is an interesting question. Maybe they are not necessarily racist. Maybe they cannot breed between different Matoran. For example, a matoran from Mangai can love someone from Ihu, but they cannot produce offspring. Maybe their elemental energies interfere killing the embryo. Maybe they cannot even produce an embryo because they have different number of chromosomes (I know I said genetics play no role here, but imagine something similar). Then again you had Takua, weird matoran, who deviated from the traditional Ta-Matoran color scheme. blue legs, and all. so maybe Takua is a mixed, like a miracle of a mixed couple. So, to answer that question, if they have children from other regions, then they would be something like Takua. At least in my opinion.

Yeh!
We have a way to keep time, finally.

I do not think they want more Toa to appear on the universe. So it is always going to be six. If there are new Toa teams, then the old team must die.

This leads me to another question. What happens if new Toa are needed but four of the six old Toa have died. Are four chosen born? or all six chosen are born? If all six chosen are born, then what happens to the old Toa? Do they die? Do they lose their powers and become Matoran?

2 Likes

They’ve talked about the families before. Even though they can technically be with Matoran from other regions, the cast is not going to actually have it, so they said they won’t bother discussing the possibilities. (That discussion was about the kid having mixed elements). Their main explanation is just that it’s not culturally accepted, and I fully support the decision. I don’t think the regions should mix because it doesn’t add anything of real value to the world without making things overly complex.

I’d say it is a planet, but currently no other islands, until they get to that point.

I think they’ve said no red star, but I’m not certain.

2 Likes

Thanks for the whole brothers answer, but I thought that if TTV wanted to throw in Annona, I think they should make her a Great Being, but I feel they’d have two choices there: make her a secret older sister (which they wouldn’t do because that because they did that with Karzahni), or maybe make her the mom.

I find this very dark and sad. But that’s not bad. I do feel that’s a little too dark for kids who may watch this, though they aren’t the target audience. However, the whole chromosome idea would kind of make them different species… I do like the concept of them being Takua. I feel that if they had a school, in Kindergarten, Takua’d be made fun of for his color scheme.

What if there are different islands, and Matoran live on this island, but they cannot protect themselves from some danger? Perhaps more Toa would arrive, if the current Toa can’t help them?

In the first Toa team pitch by @JediTimeLord824, which which I’m not sure if it is canon or not, Lesovikk is the only who survives. However, it makes it sound like he chose to give up his power to become a Matoran. So maybe, that could be how a Turaga is created, but what if you chose not to give up your power? What if you held onto it? I looked at this and thought, what if the power corrupted you? What if it made you mad, and beast-like? What if with the pain of losing your team, the idea that you’ve been replaced and therefore are purposeless, and the fact that you hold elemental powers so tightly literally mutates you? And then BOOM. I present to you, the Hordika.

@UltimateMustacheX

I feel there could at least be one kid that is mixed-region to at least have variety, without making things too complex. Like maybe Takua? They did say they wanted him to be weird. Maybe his dad’s Ta-Matoran, and his mom’s Ga-Matoran?

Again, in my History of Artakha pitch, I do have cross-marraige and even cross-breeding, but that was simply for the point of political alliances and preserving the dynasty.

1 Like

But then it just seems shoehorned in, having one character like that when you’re not showing it anywhere else.

1 Like

Well, like you said: it’s not looked upon very highly in society. It’s a very rare occasion.

And that’s why I feel it’s pointless to have it at all. It would get too complex if it were common, and would become something you just add for the sake of adding if it’s rare, so it doesn’t make sense in my head. Using it for political things is valid, but I don’t see things like that being enough to justify it.

1 Like

It could have the purpose of showing Tahu as a leader who cares for even the rarest and special of kids, and if not, well here’s an example of a random person thrown in into Star Wars, one of my favorite movie series of all time. One of my favorite characters in all of Star Wars is a random alien thrown into the little group named Pao.

He’s relatively unimportant, having two lines and very little screen time. I was happy just hearing his name mentioned. He’s a member of the Drabata species, and the only one seen in any movie. That is one of the reasons I like him so much, is because very little is written about him. He’s special, but they could have put in any human for this role, rather than a Drabata. I love side characters, because I know they are important too. I find throwing Takua in as a mixed Matoran would just be a little trivia, rather than any plot-changing element.

1 Like

Ah, so there was the answer.
Well, I am sad, but I have to agree. On the story line it makes no sense to add that subplot when it is either going to complicate or add nothing of value to the original story. In a sense, it was possible in G1, because a) the only female matoran are all in Ga-koro. and b) they are not born with actual elemental powers just slight abilities. like more resistant to heat, heat vision, staying longer under water. Thing you can justify genetically in this world.

I cannot remember the red star thing, but I think they talked about it in the earlier episodes, before they called it Brainstorm.

■■■■ you making me flip flop opinions like Mitt Romney in the elections. Okay I changed my mind, It is not necessary, but that does not mean it cannot be put there. However, fact remains that they are not going to develop it further. You might et cameos of mixed, bu that does not mean they are going to be addressed like that little side character.

I have to add. I like the auto censor. I forgot about somethings.

2 Likes

Have they chosen on a gender for all six Rahkshi? I mean, I know Norik and Iruini’s, but did they ever decide on whether or not Gaaki was a girl or not?

So The Bible is out.

Reading it right now.

If we want to comment on it, should we do it here, or make a thread just for it?

Make a thread if the cast don’t methinks.

Okay, so, I’ve been wondering, if the Brotherhood of Makuta is more than just the six Matoran who become Rahkshi, why are the six who become Rahkshi the ones who become the Rahkshi? Are they chosen by Makuta or by Norik? Are they just the only six who showed up one day? Did they volunteer? The only one who makes since to me is Norik, as he’s the leader. But Iruini is like a rookie. So why? Also, they meet in Norik’s house, am I correct? I don’t really feel the story bible explained it well, if it did I just don’t remember.

Also, who are these other Matoran members? Ahkmou? The Makuta from '08? Nobody important (most likely this)?

We need to get a cast member in on this

1 Like

Here is the thing right? We have no idea how big the entire population is. So it is hard to determine how big the organization is.
If the cult is too big then why are they waiting, if it is too small then are they even a threat?
We need to have general population numbers before we can determine how many members it has and how many of those are going to be named.

Speaking of which. I doubt many of the questions here are going to be answered. Which is a pity, as they could help with a lot of Mocs, pitches and the such. Like when you make a game easy to mod, you require a good foundation.

2 Likes

Well, I would think the population would not affect the guess of the cult size. I think the only way for us to have a guess is to know the size of where they meet, just to how many members there are, or something like that. And even then, why are the Rahkshi chosen?

2 Likes

You are right, I missed the main point.
Still population is relevant to ■■■■■ the maximum cult size.

The cult does have other members, but the six Rahaga-named Matoran are the key members. They become the Rahkshi because they were the six who were in the volcano using the Mask of Time. Since the mask is too powerful to be used by Matoran, it backfired and froze the island. This reaction caused them to mutate.

Also, it is likely that they were already mutating somewhat, due to their elements becoming slowly corrupted from Makuta’s influence. Then the mask backfire just forced it in full.

1 Like

Yeah, but I already knew that. What I’m trying to ask is why are they the key members? Why were they the only ones who went into the volcano?