Ghost in the Shell

“A cyborg policewoman attempts to bring down a nefarious computer hacker.”

The trailer looks really great, and the song is also really cool

4 Likes

meh.

i honestly prefer the original movie to this.

1 Like

well you can’t really judge it yet it isn’t even out, everyone says original movies are better, but the old one is already 21 years old, I think a life action film is going to be great

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong- I am planning on seeing the film with my mom.
(fitting, since she was the one who showed me Ghost in the Shell in the first place)

1 Like

I’ll probably watch it.

I don’t know for certain If I’ll ever watch it. I know the original is old, but I don’t see how this movie is necessary.

1 Like

It’s not necessary, probably just a money grab or the rights for a GITS movie were going to expire. So they just made a movie so they could keep the rights. Then again there could be the slightest possibility that someone wanted to make this movie, and make it succeed. But in reality this movie really isn’t needed.

3 Likes

Oh boy, going to dillute tons of plot points and advanced themes to fit it all into a 2 hour sesh, lets goooo

I’m calling 70/30 this movie won’t do well in the box office, even less so with fans.

1 Like

Never watched the original movie, read the manga, or watched Stand Alone Complex. While they all sounded cool, I probably won’t ever watch them. Same goes for this movie.

I really need to getting around to watching the original. I’ve known about it probably for 12 years now and never have bothered, but it’s seemed cool. I watched a little bit of Standalone Complex when I was 12-ish and had a game for it on the PS2 but that was about it.

Anyways, the trailer looks cool, don’t care for the whitewashing and I’m planning on watching this. : P

2 Likes

I like the look of the trailers.

Will it beat the original? Probably not.

Still, Michael Bay can’t actually ruin your childhood.

Even if it isn’t going to a perfect port of the source material, there’s no shame in looking forward to it. I certainly am. They’ve nailed the visual style, and the soundtrack seems to pay serious homage to the original. It would stink if they end up watering down the actual theme of the animated film, but then the worst you’ll get is a visually stunning action movie.

Slightly hypocritical rant

Either way, being crazy cynical about something that’s just now getting trailers isn’t actually going to benefit you in any way shape or form. I don’t mean to get on the soap box here, but really the alternative is there just not being a movie whatsoever. If it doesn’t turn out well that’d be a bummer, but with the potential to be something really neat there’s no reason to fret about it not accomplishing that. From what I’ve seen it might be really cool- there’s no point in dismissing it off the bat, nor in whining about how it might not be the best thing since sliced bread.

1 Like

I’ll definitely be out to see it, however from the trailer it seems (to me anyway) that it can’t decide between being a live action remake of the original and it’s own story - so many shots are from the original film, but the antagonist is the Laughing Man, and there are a bunch from SAC as well.

I hope it’ll be good, but then again, we hoped DBE would be good as well…

1 Like

I’m fairly excited for this movie. I myself have never seen the original anime, but after watching this trailer I’m planning on doing so. I got some major Blade Runner vibes from this trailer, and I’m looking forward to watching it.

1 Like

Well, guess it’s at least better than all anime based films.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/heat-vision/ghost-shell-what-critics-are-saying-989604