Go (filler characters)

Go dates back over 2,500 years making it one of the oldest games still played today. It’s mostly popular where it originated, that being China, Japan, Korea, and other neighboring lands, however it became popular in the west in the 19th and 20th centuries.

It is a strategy board game similar to Chess, however there are quite a few differences. In Go, both players take turns placing stones. The goal is to surround more intersections on the board then your opponent. You can also capture enemy stones by surrounding them. It is simple to play, yet, it takes an incredible amount of skill to become good at. That, along with its rich history make Go quite the romantic game.

Does anyone else play?

1 Like

Like Othello?

1 Like

They look similar, however, go is a very different game. If you wish to learn the rules, this is a helpful site:

https://www.kiseido.com/ff.htm

I believe you can also play on the site, but I haven’t checked in a while. I know there’s other online go sites though.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll read that when I have time

1 Like

Sure thing. If you like what you see maybe we can play a game.

I have a set and I played once. I have been wanting to get into it ever since I saw a Go game board in the background of TRON: Legacy.

1 Like

I played this on Game Pigeon and liked it.

Took me a couple tries to figure out, but it was fun.

1 Like