Goldhatu

A golden re-skin of yesterday’s Pohatu. I definitely prefer the silver and gray version. What do you guys think?

55 Likes

Potato, Toa of caramel.

15 Likes

Pretty sure the hands are bootleg, and I think the back plate is as well - I know the piece on his groin and his kneecaps are bootleg.

Other than that, it’s a pretty ok MOC, but like LeKrakha said, I can’t help but feel this guy needs to be stuffed into a chocolate. :joy:

1 Like

I’m not sure if the hands are either. Does Lego make those fists in dark bluish gray? In addition to the parts you pointed out, the feet also are. Lego doesn’t make those feet in dark bluish gray.

No they don’t.

I like the previous version better. Something just seems strange about this one, it’s probably the different shades of gold

2 Likes

its fine but some of the gold stands out from the other did you use bootlegs pieces?
cause i can see on the tahu you used the chest piece from this bootleg

Yeah, the lighter colored gold is from a different bootleg figure in that same series.

1 Like

Still looks good, but not as good as the silver.

Actually they make the hands AND the feet in dark bluish grey, do your research y’all.

2 Likes

Eh, you’re right. Looked it up on BL. The hands are in SW Finn and the feet are in SW Baze.

There was a modular from 2013-2015 (don’t recall) with a ton of them as roofing/detail. They’re probably not bootleg, although the part’s rarity may mean they could be.

Edit: Ninja’d… er, Kapura’d

1 Like

Can I use something similar to that hammer design?

1 Like

Huh interesting. That is a very bright pohatu. I think the silver one definitely looks better.

1 Like

(^-^) You got those two mixed up: SW Finn has the two Feet and SW Baze has the hands. (Fun Fact: Modular Detectives office has 7 of those hands) Oops, Sorry! | BrickLink

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=93575&in=S

1 Like

@Xorizeghian Absolutely. I would never, ever bemoan someone copying my designs. No need to give credit or anything like that either.

Just build something cool and post it here.

@Vicroen No doubt the silver was better. This was more of an experiment than anything.

Edited for Double Post - Waj

1 Like