Gorillaz

That basically sums up Gorillaz

Cheers mate :grin:.

New song!

1 Like

The new album “Humanz” will be released on April 28th, 2017.

Track listing:

1. Intro: I Switched My Robot Off
  2. Ascension (feat. Vince Staples)
  3. Strobelite (feat. Peven Everett)
  4. Saturnz Barz (feat. Popcaan)
  5. Momentz (feat. De La Soul)
  6. Interlude: The Non-conformist Oath
  7. Submission (feat. Danny Brow, Kelela & Graham Coxon)
  8. Charger (feat. Grace Jones)
  9. Interlude: Elevator Going Up
  10. Andromeda (feat. D.R.A.M.)
  11. Busted And Blue
  12. Interlude: Talk Radio
  13. Carnival (feat. Anthony Hamilton)
  14. Let Me Out (feat. Mavis Staples & Pusha T)
  15. Interlude: Penthouse
  16. Sex Murder Party (feat. Jamie Principle & Zebra Katz)
  17. She’s My Collar (feat. Kali Uchis)
  18. Interlude: The Elephant
  19. Hallelujah Money (feat. Benjamin Clementine)
  20. We Got The Power (feat. Jehnny Beth & Noel Gallagher)
    Disc 2 (Deluxe Edition only):
  21. Interlude: New World
  22. The Apprentice (feat. Rag‘n’Bone Man, Zebra Katz & RAY BLK)
  23. Halfway To The Halfway House (feat. Peven Everett)
  24. Out Of Body (feat. Kilo Kish, Zebra Katz & Imani Vonshà)
  25. Ticker Tape (feat. Carly Simon & Kali Uchis)
  26. Circle Of Friendz (feat. Brandon Markell Holmes)

From what I’ve heard of this album, I don’t think I’m going to enjoy it as much the previous ones, mostly because I’ve never been a big fan of Gorillaz’s more rap/electronic/trip-hop songs. That being said, I like 4 of the 5 songs released so far (Ascension being the only one I didn’t like), and am very excited for this album!

Now, I’m wondering if the tracks on the second disc of the deluxe edition are just bonuses, or if they’re actually a continuation of the album itself (which would mean the normal version isn’t complete). I’d say it’s probably the latter, considering there’s an interlude included.

I’m almost tempted to get the Super Deluxe Box Set of Humanz. Almost.
14 vinyl records (each one a different colour), packaged in individually sleeves with unique art. Each record has an album track with an exclusive alternate version on the other side.
Includes a 54-page, cloth-bound, foil-blocked, hardback book of Gorillaz artwork by Jamie Hewlett and a download card, all in a 12” vinyl case.
Sounds great, but $350 USD is just too much. Not to mention that I don’t even collect vinyl.

14 vinyl records? There are less than 10 Gorillaz albums, so what are they going to be?

That video for saturnz barz was really…

Something…

2 Likes

Murdoc Diccals. :wink:

The records each have only one song. 14 songs, 14 records.

Oh okay, thanks for clarifying.

These new songs are just amazing

3 Likes

Andromeda and Ascension are probably my favorites

2 Likes

New song:

4 Likes

Seriously, why do they censor it?

I’d say my favorites are probably Saturn Barz, Let Me Out, and Ascension (not in any particular order)

1 Like

Well the words that are censored are the names of the 2 most recent US presidents (based on the number of syllables and the live version of the song), and the most common theory I’ve heard is that the words are censored so that years from now people who listen to the song will be able to fill in the blanks with whoever’s in power at the time. That way, the song won’t seem outdated, even years from now.

2 Likes

IMO no other album will beat plastic beach, it’s just the best

1 Like

I had heard about this band before, but I never really looked into them that much. From what I’ve heard if their music, it sounds pretty good

3 Likes

I literally only listen to gorillaz!
In no order here are My favorites!
Stylo
DARE(live)
Welcome to the World of the plastic beach
Feel good inc
Ascencion
Saturnz Barz
Up on melancholy hill
Let me out
19-2000
Tomorrow comes today

The album’s out! I already heard the standard version because of the leaks that I couldn’t resist, but I have a copy of the deluxe version coming tomorrow. From what I’ve heard, the deluxe version is the “true” version because the bonus tracks are still connected to album’s story.
Now, this is just my opinion, but I don’t think this album is the masterpiece that say, Demon Days was. But it’s still an amazing album that’s definitely worthy of the Gorillaz name. I’d probably rank it as being just as good as, maybe better than Plastic Beach.

1 Like