Green Squadron X-wing

The T-65B X-wing starfighter was a single-seat craft manufactured by Incom Corporation and used by the Alliance to Restore the Republic during the Galactic Civil War. Renowned for its speed and maneuverability in battle, it became the backbone of the Rebel Alliance Starfighter Corps and was more powerful than its main adversary—the mass produced TIE/ln space superiority starfighter.

The Main body of the X-Wing is based off of Poe’s X-wing, but is recolored to fit in with the Green Squadron X-Wing seen in Rouge One and Star Wars Rebels. Description taken from Wookieepedia.

So long and thanks for all the fish!

46 Likes

Is this your new saying?

Not really much to say imo. Neat recolor

4 Likes

Sweet! I must ask, what species is the pilot supposed to be? You have to make one up!

Shistavanen,

@LTVmocs

Thanks.

1 Like

Very nice, I’ve been meaning to rebuild my 2006 x-wing, this makes me want to do it.

1 Like

Thanks!

Pretty cool. I like the sand green on this makes it look more rundown kinda

Thank you, but it was based more so on ship’s seen in star wars rebels.

1 Like

I’m wondering where it was in Rogue One. That one’s like my favorite Star Wars, so I really want to catch it the next time I watch it.

1 Like

I’m taking Wookieepedia’s word for it.

@ToaNoah_Wafflemeister

1 Like

Oooh! An X-Wing recolor! I really love any variants on Rebel ships so this is right up my ally.

You’ve chosen an interesting base build for this model. Is it based off of the 2006 X-Wing or the 2012 set? I really dig what you’ve done with the engine pods. They’ve got a really neat shape and texture. I also like the greebling on the fuselage. Cool brick-built astromech too.

I’m not as big a fan of this MOC’s color scheme though. The blend of whites, grays, tans and sand green doesn’t work all that well IMO. If you want to give it more a beat-up/ramshackle appearance, I would recommend sticking almost exclusively with grays and greens and trying to vary color placement and greebling. In addition, I’m not personally a huge fan of the stud and projectile shooters. They stick out a bit too much. I’d recommend trying to integrate them more smoothly into the wings and body of the ship.

1 Like

So, thank you for this comment! The body of the craft is based upon the latest resistance X-Wing, though I actually owned the 2003 X-wing which is where several of the X-wing oriented parts came from. The main reason I chose the color scheme that I had was due to a general lack of parts nesessary for such an endeavor. The other reason why I had wanted the Sand Green color scheme was that it would kinda fit in with those shown in Rebels, and while the color scheme is based upon markings from screenshots, so I had to fill in the gaps with grey. Hopefully you understand where I’m coming from with this.

1 Like

blllaaa! da da da da duu daa duuu da da daa duuu duuuu duuu duu daaa da da da duuu daa duuu da da daa
Totaly not star wars theme.

2 Likes

How many are you going to make?! I like the nice sand green. All my favorite colors are those sand colors.

It’s just one X-wing I’ve been updating over the yaers.

Which means I’ll give you those points

Now it’s time for me to go on wookiepedia and level up my nerd points