Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

So I watched it last night, and enjoyed it quite a bit.Now spoiler stuff

[spoiler]I feel like I did with Ultron a bit, they made this really powerful guy into something easily beaten. I don’t really know how to describe it properly, but it felt a bit too easy. Now granted, they did have atomic batteries, but still.

Also, the golden skinned beings were pretty funny too, along with the teenage groot.[/spoiler]

1 Like

[spoiler] the “adam machine” is Adam Warlock,
which in the comics is, to my knowledge, HUGE SPOILER: the guy who kills Thanos

Also, what part about the beginning of Ego doesn’t make sense to you?

@Omega_Tahu didn’t seem that easy to me, If Starlod wasnt able to distract Ego enough time, they all would be dead

And now, to the biggest question, WHERE DID THAT GUY GET YONDU’S FIN! IT WAS BURNED ALONG WITH HIS CORPSE
[/spoiler]

3 Likes

Watched it last night. REALLY good movie. The 3D was excellent in it. The plot was good, and I felt some of the twists were well executed, especially if you were like my brother and knew nothing of the comics. Although, @ToaKylerak wanted to see it in 3D so I had to cough up 30 bucks. :frowning:

My brother didn’t know who Ego the Living Planet was so he was surprised to see Ego having a face on the planet in the film, nor did he expect Ego to even have so much power. What threw me for a twist was the thing where he was Peter Quill’s dad who managed to create himself a human form.

The biggest thing I absolutely despised Ego for (which is a good thing), was the fact that he was the one who put the brain tumor in Peter Quill’s mother. I do have a problem with this however. He should have never told Quill that he killed her mother. That’s where his whole plan fell to it’s knees. Seriously, that was the dumbest thing in the whole movie. If Ego hadn’t mentioned that he could have achieved his goals.

I did not expect them to kill off Yondu. But his sacrifice was well-warranted and fit into the theme of the film pretty well. Speaking of the theme, the theme of fatherhood and family fit really well into the movie. Some of it felt cliche but yet I still liked it. Matis was also a spectacular addition to the film and I’m glad she was included. I think my favorite characters this time, though, was Drax. He was absolutely hilarious.

I have some other problems with the movie too, of course. While funny, the whole “distortion while going to several systems” thing was a bit too silly. Baby Groot was fine but IMO I preferred it when he was grown all the way. Destroying Star Lord’s Walkman wasn’t a good choice either IMO but at least it was part of his motivation to defeat Ego. And while Peter Quill being a celestial definitely makes sense when it comes to surviving in space and holding an infinity stone, it felt like an easy write-off to such crucial plot holes from the first one.

The BEST part of the movie was definitely when Star Lord was fighting Ego and made a Pac-Man form. I laughed so hard and so loud. That came out of left field, and I absolutely loved it.

Overall, solid movie. Wasn’t a fan of the cursing or inappropriate stuff but it was still hilarious.

4 Likes

I think he told Quill that he put that tomor in her head to prove that he is willing to do ANYTHING for his plan

1 Like

Yeah but that was completely stupid. If he wanted Quill to follow his plan he shouldn’t have said that. He could have literally given any example to make Quill side with him. As Tony Stark would say:

2 Likes

@Asriel [spoiler]he didn’t tell his origin he sorta is just a floating brain in his story and then forms the planet around him, which is really wierd.

he also many times said “I have to return to here because of the light” but the movie never explained what “the light” in his planet does. now I have to make the gues that his humanoid body has to be charged like a battery with it. but that still doesn’t explain why he needs to be charged.[/spoiler]

well he said “I dont know where I come from”

THIS MOVIE WAS AWESOME! I loved it. (Can someone tell me how to do spoiler tags? Sorry)

[ spoiler ] and [/ spoiler ] except without the spaces.

1 Like

@Chronicler thanks!

So, were those giant guys in the first movie not Celestials? Or were they just long dead? Because Ego could have just gotten their help, rather than trying to have a child. Although, maybe they wouldn’t have been willing anyway. I dunno.

They didn’t really go in-depth with the celestials in the first film. Maybe they died off before Ego even knew how to reach them?

1 Like

That could work. Another thing- If Peter and Ego both draw their power from, well, Ego, how is Peter providing any extra power? That being said, it’s still probably one of my favorite MCU films.

I think it was more of a limit to computing power basically, as I like to think of it. One mind couldn’t handle it, but two could. Makes more sense than using a powerless battery

1 Like

I’m seeing this movie on the 13th, I got invited to my friends’ birthday party (they’re both a but younger).

I’ve seen the trailers, I’m really excited.

2 Likes

It’s pretty good. You’ll enjoy it.

2 Likes

I think I liked the first one better, but this movie was a satisfying sequel. The writing wasn’t the best (story, some dialogue, etc.) but it sure was funny and had lots of visual flair to it.

3 Likes

I actually liked it better than vol. 1, after watching the second one, the first one seems quite boring that might have to do with the many times I’ve seen that film

2 Likes

I’ve only seen it three times, and two of those times were in the theaters. Additionally, I feel like Guardians 2 is on such a bigger scale it makes the first one seem a lot smaller and simpler, so less appealing. But I’ll have to double check on my opinion of liking 1 more than 2 some time.

2 Likes

And I did.

Overall I’d rate the movie 9/10. I couldn’t watch Chris Pratt’s scenes because it was so hard to take him seriously considering his role is Parks and Recreation. But the overall storyline was really good, and the humor kept me involved throughout the whole movie.

Funny story, we all stayed behind to watch the credits so we could see the after credits scene, and we did, and we were halfway down the aisle when another scene started playing, and soon we were all outside when we heard more after credits story.

I wish they had made Mantis as she looked in the concept art

2 Likes