Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

I have enjoyed Guardians Vol 2 a lot more when I think back to other Marvel movies.

1 Like

I love this movie, I like the most Yondu’s sacrifice. I wonder if there will be a "Gardians of the Galaxy Vol.3 ", because at the end of the movie there say: “THe Guardians of the Galaxy will come back”. This may refer at the upcoming movies “Avengers: Infinity War” part 1 and two, because we know that Star Lord will have at least one scene with Spider-Man.

that’s the same thing I asked, if you read just a little bit up this topic, someone said that James Gunn confirmed GotGV.3

GotGV. 3 IS CONFIRMED. WOW! He will be before or after the Infinity War? There will appear the power gem? When it will be released? In what phase he will appear? I have soooo many questions!!!

Chill, I think its coming after infinity wars, that means they will survive the infinity wars, unless its a prequel to the infinity wars

1 Like

Please put spoiler tags next time.

4 Likes

Finally watched it last night. As someone who admits to not being a huge fan of the first (only seen it once when it was in theaters), I liked this one much better. The characters were given a little more weight and that’s something I always appreciate.

I’m Mary Poppins ya’ll!!!

9 Likes

I was asking for spoilers, not telling spoilers :unamused:

You actually SPOILED the movie in the post I replied to though.

1 Like

What? I just asked some things about the movie.
@Star-Lord, where is the movie mentioned?

The fact Yondu died perhaps? That’s a pretty big aspect of the movie

3 Likes

to be fair, the first sentence mentions yondu sacrifice

2 Likes

Oooooohhhh
 Yeah, sorry
 I didn’t knew some of us doesn’t saw the movie

Sorry

I went and saw this movie a couple weeks ago. I have mixed opinions on this one.

[spoiler] Okay so starting with the good stuff in Guardians 2. The gold people are the best thing in this movie. The idea that this pompous race has somehow become so advanced yet they can’t even roll the carpet out for the high priestess is genius. Then they had those space drones controlled by arcade machines to save themselves, ha! That one made me laugh out loud. We need a whole movie about these guys.

Then there was baby groot. I know a lot of people liked him, but I just couldn’t get into it. That opening scene where he’s dancing in front of the camera annoyed me. It triggered my Alvin and the Chipmunks ptsd where a cute character dances like an idiot in front of the camera as an obvious ploy to appeal to children and sell merch. Hated it. Then star lord and kurt russell met and played catch with a little blue ball of energy and I facepalmed at how childish that whole sequence was. Then Kurt Russell revealed the whole brain tumor thing for some reason. Then at the end, the movie went full on star wars rip-off when they had to destroy the planet. It’s a clichĂ© at this point and needs to stop.

So tl;dr

pros: The gold aliens, some good character development, good effects

cons: Too many jokes, some very juvenile. Snake Plissken revealing his secret plan. Blowing up a planet for the 10 millionth time.

[/spoiler]

Anyways, people online are praising this thing like it’s the second coming or something. I thought it was alright but nothing spectacular. Maybe rent it once and check it out.

1 Like

I really like this movie

the childish scene with the ball makes sense to me, as well as the overall theme of the movie, it’s a really childish movie, because Star Lord is a very childish main character, he was raised by space pirates. Also, can star wars really claim exclusive rights to blowing up planets? Is that what everyone thinks when it happens? “Oh look, a planet blew up, they’re ripping off star wars!” Doesn’t seem that likely, or accurate for that matter

1 Like

The movie didn’t seem to know whether it wanted to be childish or for adults. The tone would jump back and forth. You’ve got the childish moments and lighthearted humor then they’d throw in swearing, mass murder, and sexual innuendo.

1 Like

dont forget about the scenes so emotional you want to cry

1 Like

I mean, that’s just part of the movie for me.

1 Like