Gundam Advice type thing

Looking to get some advice on a good Gundam Kit, to get, I’m looking for one of cosiderable size (At least a foot tall, and very machine looking) Any suggestions?

1 Like

A foot tall? Not many kits are that big and detailed. unless we’re talking about Perfect Grades. I’m assuming you’re a beginner, so don’t get a perfect grade as your first kit unless you wish for your kit to end in sadness and pain as perfect grades are pretty much only for the best of the best. I would recommend not getting a foot tall kit and start out with an High Grade, which have decent mechanical detail, and are fantastic.

3 Likes

To Gundam yes, but I’ve been in Wargaming for many years

1 Like

Still, don’t expect to get anything a foot large. Start with 1/144 and work your way up. 1/144 are around 5 inches and are $20 on amazon, usually. They’re the basic kit, and are fairly simple, yet articulate.

1 Like

I’m really looking to buy one kit, and that being one of considerable size, I want to use it for a conversion. My little brother’s birthday is coming up and I thought I’d surprise him with a Gargant

1 Like

I’m really sorry, but unless your brother has godlike building skills, you aren’t gonna find a kit that big. Gunpla very rarely has extremely large kits that are simple and cheap. I highly recommend getting a 1/144 until you feel comfortable enough to start on a 1/100.

2 Likes

Only foot tall Gunpla are Perfect Grade and Mega Scale. Both are absurdly expensive, while Mega has a limited selection and Perfect is only for the hardcore fans of a design.

There are a few giant HGs, but they’re, once again, super expensive.

Also, Miniature painting experience won’t do much here.

4 Likes

Do not push too hard on some of the peices on the try burning.

I learned the hard way.

This was pretty much what I was going to say. If you have a good $100-$250 and weeks of free time to burn, then go for it. Other than that, you’re out of luck.

4 Likes

Yeah, Perfect is awesome and all, but definitely not for someone who just wants something that’s big.

1 Like

Still cheaper than buying a Warlord, probably same amount of assembly, i’m in

A warlord, which is the size class i want, goes for about $1598.29 CAD ($1166.22 USD)

1 Like

Wait, so what is the conversion you’re trying to show?

Also, fair word of warning, Perfect Grades are insanely difficult to modify. They’re a completely jointed and articulated inner skeleton, embedded with moving mechanical details and occasionally springs and electronic elements. They are then armored in separate plates. Some of these parts may include softer plastics that can’t be easily painted.

4 Likes

(Just for size, can literally look however you want it to)
My answer to those soft plastics is simple, primer, my answer to all the other stuff is dedication

1 Like

That’s ridiculously expensive. However, you should seriously do some research before you consider buying a Gundam. It’s a model kit, not a miniature. Sure, if you wanna paint it, you’ll probably be good at that. I do not recommend a Perfect Grade as your first kit. In fact I don’t just not recommend it, you shouldn’t under any circumstance. I’m going to be blunt: You are not ready for a perfect grade. Do a little bit of research before you go telling people you want a foot tall Gundam model.

3 Likes

This is a decent example of the inner frame/armor setup of a PG. Keep in mind that the frame does not come assembled.

1 Like

I was looking at this one
https://www.amazon.ca/Bandai-Hobby-Rx-78-2-Gundam-Perfect/dp/B000K7QA20

Have you looked for any reviews at all, or done any research on this kit?

2 Likes

@Winterstorm345, you have to cut everything off the runner for a Gunpla kit. It doesn’t come assembled.

I don’t want to scare you away from the hobby. Seeing as you paint WH40K, I assume you’re a decent painter. I’m certain your customs would be wonderful. However, I must reiterate: start with an HG, and work your way up. You aren’t going to be able to handle a perfect grade as your first kit. It will just make you frustrated. Find an HG that you like, gather the necessary materials, and do one of those. If you do, you’ll be much happier.

3 Likes

So are those like sprues? Gotta do that for all my bois, WH40K doesn’t come assembled most of the time either, niether does Sigmar

Edit, yes, those are just sprues, I’ll be fine, I can handle this (With no gluing my fingers together this time :smile:)

1 Like

Yeah, they’re sprues. Expect the kit to have around three dozen of them, most probably being the size of your face.

4 Likes