Gunpla Discussion Topic

Anything will work in place of a cotton swab, say… A toothpick, but a cotton swab won’t scratch your decal

Thanks. The sand rock I figured out (didn’t realized only the victory used the other kind of decals.)

Absolutely don’t do this. It’s a very thin film prone to tearing, and a toothpick is likely to tear or scratch it.

Oh hey this topic still exists
I should prolly talk about my thoughts huh
Man i hope RG Unicorn isn’t a hand grenade
Goshdangit I didn’t like the Zaku design but now I need one
M O R E B U I L D F I G H T E R S H E C K Y E A H
ew super fumina
that GM is fantastic
That Build Fighters thing looks like a mix of Try Burning and God Gundam
And it’s glorious
I don’t know what a Blue Destiny is but that thing is mine

Don’t think we got any Fumina this round.

That Gyanko is an amazing meme though

2 Likes

Tis an amazing meme. I was referring to the gundam person line as a whole, though.

Anyways I got Barbatos (not Lupus) and he’s gud

1 Like

the HG barbatos kit has some outright disgusting stickers tbh

1 Like

YEP
Good god those things were heck to put on
I broke one of the shoulder ones taking it off the sheet cause it was too thin
;-;
Other than that it’s a great kit, would recommend. It looks good without the shoulder stickers.

or just get the Hi Res kit which uses clear parts

JOE I HAVE LIMITED MONEYS YOU KNOW THIS
I’m gonna get a RG sometime soonish woooo
Then an MG snoiper dos wooooo
And then The Origin Chars Zaku II wooooooo

be careful with the nubs

they are actually terrible on that red plastic

So I’ve heard.
I’m more getting it for display rather than photography, similar to my RX Revive

1 Like

Yo.

So I’ve been eyeing a certain kit (The HGBF Transient Gundam) And I’ve found that it’s rather hard to find for a reasonable price. (Amazon has it for nearly twenty bucks, and everywhere else is overseas, which makes shipping awful)

So I was wondering if any of you know a place where I could find it for close to the original retail price, without the hassle and extra cost of overseas shipping.

I’m pretty sure the original retail was about $20.

On HLJ it’s currently around $15 but it says that the original price was closer to $18.

1 Like

lolwut.

Are all HGBF kits that expensive?

pffft

I’m sorry

How many HG kits do you have?

None, I was hoping on making this the first.

It has clear parts
Clear isn’t good for first kit
Get a Barbatos
Barbatos is mmmmm
Btw $20 isn’t expensive for what you’re getting

2 Likes

This isn’t my first Gunpla, I already have one. (The 1/100 NG Gundam Astray Green Frame, which I love to death.) And I’m a big fan of the general look of a lot of the HGBF kits, however the price has been halting me from taking the plunge, as it’s a tad out of my comfort zone. I could see myself paying up to 15 bucks for a HG if it was one I really honestly wanted, but nearly 20…just seems to be a bit much IMO.

Then again, I’m pretty new to this whole thing.

Another question, regarding HG’s. Would you say that buying a HG IBO kit would be a better option compared to the larger counterpart? I like my figures on the larger side, but HG just seems to not only get more kits, but the price is a big factor too.

1 Like

Nope, this is just one of the overpriced ones.

Yeah, it kinda is. The RX-78 has a full set of hand options, better part separation, more than two weapons, and only costs $10 at retail…

Even the Gyan Revive practically matches that, outside of the fact that it only has one extra hand and two accessories. [quote=“RaptorTalon, post:284, topic:7580”]
Would you say that buying a HG IBO kit would be a better option compared to the larger counterpart?
[/quote]

Ehh, depends on the suit. Some IBO HGs are great (namely any iteration of the Graze, except the Reginlaze), but many are really just not well engineered (original Barbatos and Vidar have awful stickers, both versions of the Gusion Rebake have almost no color separation, etc).

Overall, the 1/100 line is a much safer bet. They aren’t just larger toys, they’re still improved, even if not MGs. Honestly, I can’t really imagine there being many differences between one of the 1/100s and an MG IBO kit. The engineering is mostly up to par.

3 Likes