Gunpla Discussion Topic

it’s not exactly Gunpla, but it’s Bandai, and their stuff is pretty much always good, save for the older kits.
I’d say go for it. It can’t hurt to try it out at the very least.
Make sure you have plastic nippers, sandpaper/files, and tweezers, though. They help tremendously.

should I also get into option parts kits? I’ve also considered getting into 30 minute missions due to how compatible they are

30 minute missions would be great for your first esspecially the special packs. Like the alto flight or portnova Space all the special kits ussually include a previously released add on in box. The weapon kits are also a good buy for having the option.

I forgot to add but 30 minute missions is great too because the come with an option number sticker sheet if like me painting small details is difficult.

2 Likes

So my model store finally opened again and I decided to try out the LBX models; pretty good. With the design I almost expected SD quality but they’re pretty cool little models

My only issue I could see is the reliance on stickers. Very little color seperation for the Decrative details

3 Likes

Aw nice, Ifrit, the LBX of the main Villain. Did you get any others?

General as well.

Unlike gundam though I’ve got no real connection to LBX; they just look cool. I’m watching the anime but it’s nothing special.

Eh, the game is what gets you hooked. It adds much more of a personal attachment to them. (If you’ve got a 3ds you’re set) I for one, find the LBX designs more interesting to me. The base gundam style, the kind you see on the base model gundam doesn’t appeal to me.

Also, is it me, or does General look kinda… static?

I think it’s more just my interaction; gundam was first so that’s kinda my favorite automatically. As for the static that’s just my posing.

Ah. Okay.

Fair. It’s just to me that this,

Is not as visually interesting as this,

(I picked the most basic design of each)

Maybe I’m crazy or don’t know what I’m talking about. (The fact that gundam is vastly more popular than LBX says something)

1 Like

Oh yeah the LBX designs definitely have that more interesting look compared to most gunpla. I guess it comes down to the difference between the series.

Oh yeah, does anyone have a kit that disappointed them or that they dislike? I haven’t come across one of the infamous ones but the HG unicorn mode Unicorn gundam Did not age well from when it was made

And the RG Wing Zero Custom suffers from a few drawbacks, but since it was one of the first kits I got when I got back into the hobby it might be my ineptitude at the time and the fact old RGs age poorly

also each series has it’s design language
Gundam suits in universe are supposed to be machines of war, so their designs tend to lack in “personality” not they aren’t gundams or mobile suits without “personality.”

Since LBX takes place in a videogame, they have more design freedom to give their models more “personaility”

1 Like

I think with each series/line gives some personality

It’s just that most kits are designed in Real Robot flavors rather than super robot

Other than G Gundam

That series goes full into super robot stuff

so this exists
I just found it scrolling thru the wiki
it’s called “hyper famigun”

also this exists
it’s called Pterano Gun

1 Like

these don’t look like it has a model kit

But I bet someone could make a custom of it

they’re from a card game apparently

The Musha Gundam is one of my favorites design-wise

1 Like

Actually, in-universe they’re childrens toys turned tools of war, since they can tote firepower equal to most small-arms. They were actually banned at first due to the danger of live ammo, until fortified cardboard was invented.

Hence why some are more exotic, such as Achillies or Ifirit, while others like Trooper, General (both of which are in this topic), or Deqoo are more militaristic.

still doesn’t change my overall point tho

also the Zephyr gundam has a pretty unique head

1 Like

MG victory 2. I’ve heard other releases fixed it but the original is just a peice of cap. The waist is so loose it unfolds on its own and several parts like the clear cockpit fall off with the slightest touch. God I’ve seen hand grenades but at least kits like the Penelope don’t need to move to look awesome and stay together.

2 Likes

IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE G-Self!

WHHHHHYYYYY

No but seriously I’m totally fine with the wing zero ver ka as long as it’s completely new molds and/ or it has new hands. The hands on the old one suck.

@Ned_Flanders The sdcs I’ve heard is pretty decent. But definitely those mg ew kits are great and I wouldn’t be surprised if they used them.

Another problem I have with this is that Katoki already did all the designs for ew so why make this?
It’s like the mg banshee ver ka all over again.

3 Likes