Gunpla Discussion Topic

Do you mean the kit itself or the Mobile Suit/Weapon/Armor it is based on?

basically both

1 Like

Alright, my least favorite Mobile Suit in Gunpla form is the Hyakuren due to it’s lack of clearance in the joints and how lousily some of the parts were attached.

As of today, my favorite High Grade is the Origin High Mobility Type Zaku II. My favorite Master Grade is the Gyan.

For story/just general design, my least favorite is Guntank (I like the cheesiness, but that can’t save it) and my favorite is a three-way tie; Exia, the Gyan, or Wing Zero EW. I’ve also got a soft spot for any form of Zaku.

1 Like

MG Gundam Unicorn OVA version’s waist. When in destroy mode, it’s so loose!

2 Likes

I’d have to say it’s the Sticker reliance on most HG kits. Specifically the Barbatos and (unfortunately) the Master Grade Sinanju.
A close second would be the MG Sinanju’s infuriatingly difficult no polycap design. I already broke it’s waist and leg just by moving it normally.

2 Likes

Does anybody here have a good way to remove nub marks? :confused:

1 Like

You could use a nail buffing block. Something like this works really well. They help sand it down evenly and also have different textures for polishing.

2 Likes

I just use a hobby knife and paint.

1 Like

I usually have nail clippers…

2 Likes

Same here. And it’s weird because I can afford a hobby knife, I just don’t have the need to buy one.

2 Likes

What do you use instead?

Nail clippers, scissors, and a black Gundam Marker. The only con in using the nail clippers is that they sometimes cut into the actual piece (due to the… blades? being curved).

1 Like

I seriously recommend this:

http://www.amazon.com/Tamiya-Craft-Tools-Disign-Gundam/dp/B002LE7L9G/ref=sr_1_sc_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1462845517&sr=8-2-spell&keywords=TAMYA+KNIFE

It’s SERIOUSLY worth it.

1 Like

Is it similar to an xacto knife?

1 Like

Pretty much except it’s higher quality, comes with various blade types (with a storage capsule), and is weighted, making it more natural to use.

1 Like

Might try it out. Thanks for the recommendation! :grin:

1 Like

No problem. Most of my tools are from Tamiya.

I still need to get a collection picture up…

Collection pics. Sorry if they’re a bit blurry, and uncropped, I’m just to lazy to edit it. (BTW, I also have a MG Gundam Wing Zero custom, but I didn’t take a picture of it).

From left to right: HG Mega Shiki, HG Stark Jegan, HG Zaku 2s Char Custom the Origin, HG Strike Noir Gundam (hidden), RG Aile Strike Gundam (somewhat hidden, and beat up), and MG Gundam Unicorn OVA ver.

From left to right: HG Advanced Hazel, HG Legend Gundam, HG ReZel, MG RX-79 Gundam Ground Type, MG Gelgoog Char Commander Type 2.0, and finally the RX-78-2 2.0, O.Y.W version

2 Likes

Pretty cool!

This is mine:

There is also a Winning Yellow Petite Beargguy and a Winning SD.

So I have 16 High Grades, 2 Real Grades, 2 Master Grades, 1 SD, and 1 No Grade.

I’ve also got another HG Gyan in the process of spray painting.

4 Likes

Gotta love that Hy-Gogg. And we both have the MG Wing Zero custom :blush:

1 Like