Halo Discussion (Halo Infinite Hype!)

I don’t know. I remember CE having a fair bit of colourful alien blood.

I feel like First Person Shooter games tend to get rated higher then similarly violent/vulgar movies because FPSs have the consumer experience the action first-hand.

3 Likes

You should also understand that halo CE came out a long time ago so what counted as M is different, now vulgar language is more acceptable, same goes with violence.

1 Like

True, there’s colorful alien blood in CE, but honestly I don’t find it disturbing or too graphic. I avoid games like Black Ops and Assassins Creed which have a lot of f bombs and pretty graphic and detailed violence. But this doesn’t seem terribly realistic or disturbing to me.

welcome to halo and yeah, the M rating is kinda questionable

2 Likes

ahem
The Flood

7 Likes

Ever since Reach was first advertised I imagined it would be the one I would like the best, something about its presentation just seemed so cool. Not sure though, since I only just started Halo CE.

Haven’t gotten to that part, guess I’ll find out, but so far this game seems pretty “T” to me for the most part.

3 Likes

Reach is my favorite Halo, it IS the only I have ever played. but looking at the others…well.

The first three seemed like they were hitting their stride. neat, but a bit bland for me. Reach feels like the fully realized version of Halo. 4-5 seem like they took it a bit far.

3 Likes

Play 343 Guilty Spark with your lights off, and as close to Halloween as possible.

5 Likes

Except bungie tried way to hard to make overly detailed designs and tried to retell a story that had already been told and ended up running a significant part of cannon. I would go to say reach is the least halo of all the halos. Thats just my opinion though

While 5 is a mess it will sertainly be looked at differently after wars 2 or more likely halo 6. I wouldn’t say 4 went to far all 4 did was bring the expanded universe into the games and act as a sequel to the kilo 5 trilogy and forruner trilogy (the forruner trilogy being my favorite halo books hands down) it brought a ton to the table.

The first 3 games are great could definitely be seen as bland. While i love them in my mind halo 3 falls short of the previous two

3 Likes

I actually love the Reach look, and wish that they would have just updated that for the rest of the games. As for the story…I don’t mind, seeing as I never read the books.

I like 5, but I have never played it, and I certainly do not think it is bad. 4 seems good, and 343’s desperate attempts to bring the expanded universe into the games is commendable, but handled poorly. I also don’t really…like the Forerunners and Prometheans. But they are not bad.

Seeing as I have not played many games, and only one Halo game…take this all with a bucket of salt.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t call it poorly handle. The only thing in that game that was introduced though it was the prometheans (while they did appear in silentium that book was modified to directly tie into halo 4) not much is original in that game the infinity, the didact, requiem, the composer, the strom covanent and probably some things im forgetting. It is also interesting to note the bungie had planned to bring the forruners into halo 3 in some capacity on the ark.

1 Like

Fair enough.

Now on a unrelated note, what Halo books should someone read first?

3 Likes

I am also interested in getting into the books…

3 Likes

In this order
Halo: fall of reach. Halo: the flood. Halo: first strike. Halo: ghosts of onxy. Halo: evolutions. Halo: grasslands. Halo: the thursday war. Halo mortal dictata (i think its called that). Halo: cryptum. Halo: primordium. Halo: silentium. Probably a ton im forgetting but those stand out to me as the some of the best

4 Likes

I think reading The Fall of Reach first should be your objective. Just be aware of what books are a part of a trilogy or not.

4 Likes

Read contact harvest first, then fall of reach, then that order, adding in the Cole Protocol in before ghosts

2 Likes

Welp…

Halo is fifteen years old today.

I wish I joined in sooner, but this day no doubt holds great weight for all of you.

8 Likes

I remember my first Halo like yesterday. It was Halo Wars.

“Captain’s Report, February 1st, 2531… Five years, five long years…”

And quite literally yesterday watching the trailer

“27 years… Let’s see what kind of galaxy we woke up to…”

3 Likes

15 years huh? jeez that’s awesome, I remember my first halo as well

looking at the glassed planet of Reach for the first time I thought “huh, so this is what all the fuss is about”

and I had a great time, and have continued having a great time

long live halo

2 Likes

This baby’s first Halo was Halo 3, at one of my best friends birthday parties.

I only played briefly, and I was amazing terrible. However I do remember getting a single kill with a needler.

I DON’T CARe WHAT ANY OF YOU SAY! IT ISPOSSIBLE FOR A DIEING SPARTAN TO REMOVE THIER OWN HEAD WITH A SPARTAN LAZER AS THEY DIE!

2 Likes