Halo Discussion (Halo Infinite Hype!)

See that last part repeats for me until it’s Monday morning.

2 Likes

Ugh
I’m going to spend all weekend trying to beat T&R

2 Likes

That’s a shame. It would have been a great opportunity to incorporate some of the characters’ canon traits into the gameplay: Kelly’s speed, Linda’s sniping skills, Fred’s…

#####…I don’t actually know what makes Fred special…

4 Likes

His good looks, his personality…Maybe his prowess with a knife? I dunno.

4 Likes

they actually do do this with their weapons and minor alterations to gameplay

Kelly’s movement speed is actually faster than the others, there’s some other alterations, I just don’t remember what they are

3 Likes

I was really thinking about gameplay perks. Kelly could have a speed boost. Linda could be really accurate with Nornfang. As for Fred… maybe he could have a larger assassination range? That seems like the most feasible gameplay-impacting feature (even though it is rather limited).

I just would have liked your companions’ in-game AI to have little quirks that would add to their characters. A feature like this would have really added to games like Star Wars: Republic Commando and Halo 5: Guardians.

Really? I’ve never actually played H5 so I wouldn’t know. I do know it was a feature that was sorely lacking from Republic Commando

3 Likes

yeah there’s some things, I think kelly also reloads faster

er maybe it’s chief does in mid combat, IDK I kinda forget because I don’t play a lot of co-op, I should change that

2 Likes

Maybe give him a stronger Melee attack? have him use a knife more often?

2 Likes

Make him more tolerant to alcohol so he isn’t so drunk on the battlefield

1 Like

I jumped into Blue Team the other day to finish off the mission, because I was bored.

Linda revived me, and it wasn’t very fun…

2 Likes

I’d argue he’s a good leader but Chief is there everytime he is so it is wasted.

Halo legends implied that fred may be a heavy weapon guy but Halo Legends has questionable canon status.

3 Likes

Fred actually outranks Chief IIRC, and he’s just like “lol, chief’s been to hell and back, destroyed two halo rings, and the didact, I’m not in charge”

7 Likes

I mean chief was told by hood that he could probably ask for admiral rank and there probably wouldn’t be much of an argument against it

5 Likes

Bruh, Chief could ask to be high lord and ruler of the universe, and nobody would question it.

5 Likes

That’s partly because he got field promoted in order to lead the Spartans while Chief was off killing the Halos.

I still have trouble seeing exactly why Chief had to be separated from the rest before H2.
(First strike confirms they reunite after H1 but before H2)

4 Likes

So I recently got Halo 2 for Windows; the servers work on multiplayer and everything and there seems to be a fair amount of people on there. Does anybody else play on their computer?

2 Likes

I play Halo 1
But you can use your Halo 2 cd code to install custom edition and do the multiplayer for combat evolved
So we could play together

2 Likes

Big Update coming to Halo 5 this Thursday!
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/monitor-s-bounty-preview
Time to grind on those REQ points guys.

5 Likes

Reach Operator is dippergodly, I wonder what the requirements to get it are, since it’s a special unlock.

5 Likes

That EOD coming in 2017 is a godsend.

Finally I can rock my favorite helmet.

Bonus points on it being the ever popular reach version.

6 Likes