Halo Discussion (Halo Infinite Hype!)

The skyboxes are good-looking, visor glare…
Also, why is it that every outdoor map takes place in either early morning or late afternoon? Why can’t there be more maps like High Noon, where the sun is literally positioned at high noon?

3 Likes

so… we are gonna have a beta for a content patch for the MCC, lets hope this is the one that fixes it

1 Like

Fingers crossed.

Squeaver why am I not on this topic

On an amusing note, my friend and I stayed at a hotel recently so we wouldn’t have to drive two hours each direction to go home and come back, and his room number was, not kidding, 117.

It was so fantastic.

3 Likes

Hotel room 117. Full of COD games

3 Likes

the bionicle meme’s topic got closed ;_; (why Eljay)
but i feel like this is surprisingly appropriate,

I was in an MCC match today in halo 2 anniversary and this guy was talking about how he was gonna wipe the floor with my team, I said nothing (because I don’t like talking to people online) but kicked his butt in hard and this is how I felt when the match started

1 Like

I don’t normally play online matches. I have Slayer matches on maps with overpowered weapons around every corner and I do this with all my IRL friends that have Xbox live.

1 Like

Ok so I just want to beat the dead bush and say I HATE THE NEW ROCKET LAUNCHER SKIN.

Ok that said I want to say a few hopes for the future Halo Games.

1. Dual Wield, You want to blame somebody for the loss of it then don’t blame ODST storywise it made sense then blame Reach No I don’t hate Reach like many Halo fans but That is one thing that really should have been coded back in.
  2. Brutes, they added a more dynamic element then the elites while I still love fighting the elites the brutes should not just be deleted from existence.
  3. old weapons, I think that if the next Halo did not add any weapons but instead brought back every unique halo weapon it would be fine.
  4. the flood, It has been said that the flood is the icky sticky glue that keeps halo together.
1 Like

Sorry, what are you trying to say exactly? Do you want different coding/combat from the Elites and the Brutes?

A large part of Halo gunplay is weapon balance. IMO, bringing every single weapon from the past 7+ games back would just be incredibly chaotic.

1 Like

Some Elites in Reach can be seen holding two weapons. You can fight these guys, and they drop two weapons as well.

Seriously? I haven’t ever seen that. (Then again, I’ve only logged a couple dozen hours in Reach over the years).

1 Like

I think in some of the later missions, Pillar Of Autumn for example, you can see them do this. Especially shudders because of how insanely hard it is to beat these guys on NORMAL(not really) toward the end with the Zealot fight.

1 Like

Dang, I haven’t played the last couple Reach Campaign missions. And I don’t remember seeing any dual-wielding in Firefight.

1 Like

I don’t think they dual wield in Firefight. But recently I’ve been experimenting with different squads to fight against in the Game Options. Hate the Heretic Snipers though. My friends got massacred by them.

Oooh, Heretics. I should try that with my friends sometime. :smiley:

2 Likes

So long as you DON’T do snipers, you should be good. I want to see more shotgun heretics though.

well remember they said they are bringing the old one WITH the new one in Halo 5

1 Like

I’m saying they each offer a different but still fun experience

That is why every unique weapon is used.

So, I found an RvB Easter Egg in HALO WARS. I heard Marines from the third AI player say “I think I stepped in gum!”(Caboose says this many a time), and it made my day.

2 Likes

I’m a bit ambivalent about that. They seem relatively similar to me (at least in Reach). Personally, I’d like to see the Brutes be more vicious and raging/suicidal then the Elites.

There’s still a good amount of repetition even among the “unique” weapons. For example, the Assault Rifle, Storm Rifle, Plasma Rifle, Suppressor, Silenced SMG, Spiker/Spike Rifle and Plasma Repeater are all different, but all serve essentially the same function.