Halo: Into the Howling Dark Definitive Edition RP

Vanessa gathered herself together, approaching Sky and standing silently next to her as Levi and Sasha reloaded their weapons.

1 Like

“How are you holding up, Vanessa?” Sky asked, putting an arm around her.

1 Like

Ana hugged Grace, “She will be okay…”

Leo picked up weapons off the ground and put them in his bag.

1 Like

“What the hell happened.” Zed groaned holding his head. “And why am I covered in blooo-oh that’s right thats what happened.” He deadpanned in exaspartaion. " Also, h-hey, how much blood inside one’s helmet would be considered a reasonable amount? And not from a nosebleed." Zed asked, stuttering slightly before he hacked again.

1 Like

“I’m alive” Vanessa answered.

Sasha approached Zed, tearing his helmet off before seeing the blood coating his face and the helmet.

“Yeah, you’re good” She replied, a awkwardly large smile on her face to assure him, yet her worried eyes told a different story. She shoved the Helmet back onto his head before cautiously stepping away.

1 Like

Cabis shook his head and Zed and looked to Irzon “so do we actually know anything about this forerunner device”

Maul shot Cabis a glare “do not be so rude”

Cabis looked to Maul “trust me the brute deserves it”

1 Like

As she had removed his helmet he had jolted back in surprise, keeping most of his face from being fully visible, the most she caught was a quick glimpse of a scarred visage, many of which seemed to straight and even to be from combat, a fanged jaw covered in and dripping blood, and an extremely pale skin tone, there almost seemed to be a couple light shades of a grey mixed with it but that could be quickly dismissed as a trick of the light, yet those weren’t the most surprising parts she glimpsed were his eyes, his left being a robotic blazing purple eye, similar to his visor during his episodes, while his right was a nearly ruby red. He ‘helped’ her quickly put his helmet back on before muttering a quiet thanks, touching his helmet.

2 Likes

“Sorry 'bout that” She replied, staring for a moment before inching off to bug Levi.

1 Like

“I-it’s ok… just warn me next time.” He muttered quietly, extremely subdued compared to normal.

1 Like

“That’s good, Vanessa.” Sky said, squeezing her for a moment before letting go.

“I’ll f*ck you up, Cabis!” Irzon shouted.

“This always happens, Ana… I just want to die one time… So that way it stops happening to me… But I could never die on my Sarah…” Grace wept.

2 Likes

Ana hugged Grace. “It’s okay… don’t cry…” She looked at Sarah. “She will wake up I promise…”

1 Like

“Please Sarah… I’ll do anything to hear your beautiful voice…” Grace cried.

1 Like

Sarah slowly moved. “Hi… um… where are we?”

1 Like

“Sarah!” Grace shouted, hugging her

1 Like

“H-hi Grace… umm… What happened?” Sarah asked.

1 Like

Vanessa blushed beneath her helmet, a hidden smile on her face as she nodded in response.

Levi cleaned blood from his blades, as Sasha rolled her eyes.

“Do you think about anything else?”

“Yeah, plenty”

“Like what?”

“Well…”

“My point exactly”

1 Like

“Sarah… Don’t do that ever again… Let me get hit instead…” Grace said.

“Daylight, our ride is here.” Sky said.

Ruby happily read Tom the casualty report again.

“Sir, this is the thirty seventh time you’ve asked me to repeat myself. A total of three hundred fifty seven Jiralhanae dead with only one wounded Robert.”

“I’m sorry, Ruby, it’s just… I can’t believe it. For the first time ever, victory. Real f*cking victory…” 4728 said.

Tizakanus’ ship was destroyed, and the *Short Straw was in critical condition, barely able to even support its crew. Captain Frost tried to force a breathing mask on to one of her officers, to realize she was too late. She finally closed her eyes, and stopped, looking to the floating deceased bodies that now occupied her bridge. Close friends from years past… Dead before her eyes. Frost floated amongst them, crying.

“Well, Ruby, I think it’s time to start deploying to the ground and start… Ruby, hold on.” 4728 said.

“What is it?” She asked.

“The site of the installation, it’s near where I used to live… That’s all.” 4728 said.

2 Likes

“D-did I get hit?” Sarah asked as she tried to sit up. “Oww… my head hurts…”

1 Like

“Bad news. All three of you missed Captain Winter and the new guy, Zed, get into a fight with each other while three Covenant Wraiths were being mopped up.” Hannah said to Cabis, Maul and Harold as she removed her helmet.

“And Leo told the group with him to kill the Wraith Gunners I had already sniped from the edge of the mountians. He has no faith in my marksmanship.” Hannah added, and stuck her lower lip out to create a sad expression.

1 Like

Harold nodded at Hannah

Maul shook his head

2 Likes