Halo: Into the Howling Dark Definitive Edition RP

“Calm down Grace… it’s okay… Come over and eat breakfast.” Sarah said.

3 Likes

(Loser lol, you need to.)

4 Likes

(Ni’ jafla)

Kyanna cuddled up to Leo as the movie continued

4 Likes

(Come make me shut up, I dare yee.)

2 Likes

Grace got out of bed and sat at the small table in her room, which conveniently had 2 chairs. “Thank you… I’m sorry I’ve been such a burden…” Grace said.

“How long has it been?” Arrikay asked. “I refuse to believe your possible lies about their noble culture.”

4 Likes

“But why pineapple?” Vanessa asked.

“Because its good”

“No, it’s because i’m an idiot” Levi interjected, entering the room and handing Sasha her crutch, helping her up.

“Are you coming with us?” He asked.

Vanessa paused, deep in thought.

“I’ve got a wheelchair…lets roll…”

3 Likes

“That I am not sure of.” Catina told Arrikay. “It seems there is a huge gap inbetween the Forerunners existing and then virtually no trace of them, and recorded Human history. But finding an answer to the question of what happened, is a challenge I will accept.”

“Rather than do my best to tell you of the first Human-Covenant War in it’s entirety. You would be able to research it for yourself on our ship. And we could possibly take you to visit a few places that events during the war happened, if you wish.”

2 Likes

“You do not seem trustworthy.” Arrikay said. “You may have to earn my trust.”

2 Likes

“What else is new?” Catina asked out loud. “But I am curious about your name, Arrikay. Does it have a meaning? As some names do.”

2 Likes

Levi helped Vanessa into her wheelchair, shortly after being situated Sasha dumped Zeus onto her lap.

What the heck am I doing?..going on a pineapple run with a pair of cripples and a overweight cat…what a productive day.

They made their way to the cafeteria, leaving Zeus and Vanessa at the back corner table before heading to the line, which was now completely empty.

“Pineapple” Sasha barked. Levi glanced at the cafeteria worker’s expression, wondering if it was too late to bolt. The worker chuckled, handing Sasha a small plastic cup with half a dozen cubes of pineapple inside.

“What the heck!? I asked for pineapple, not for crumbs!” She exclaimed, leaning over the counter and staring the worker in the eyes.

“Uhh…We can’t…give that much…rations…”

Levi wiped the uneasy sweat rolling down his forehead, before grabbing Sasha by the shoulder.

“Calm down, I’ve got this” He whispered/ “Go sit with Vanessa…I’ll be back soon…probably…no promises…”

She nodded, hobbling away from the counter as Levi let out a deep sigh.

“Sorry about that, she’s rather…eccentric, and is currently running on way too many pain medications…”

The cafeteria worker laughed, trying to cover their mouth to be polite.

“I see” They smiled. Levi reached into his wallet, slipping some money to the worker.

“Just between the two of us…our survival relies on that pineapple…”

They nodded, taking the money and heading to the back before returning with the precious fruit. They handed it to Levi, patting him on the shoulder.

“Best of luck with her, you’ll need it”

“Oh yeah” He grinned, thanking the worker before heading to the table. Sasha shot up, squealing in delight before her leg gave out and she fell back to the bench. Vanessa hardly looked up, petting Zeus as the lazy feline passed out, rolling around on his massive stomach proving to be too much work.

“You got it! how!?” Sasha asked.

“Uhm…loopholes…” Levi replied, pulling off his jacket and wrapping it around the pineapple to hide it. Sasha glanced to the scars lining his forearms, before awkwardly looking away.

I’m sorry…

Levi handed the now disguised pineapple to Vanessa, wheeling her out of the room as Sasha followed behind them, her head held low.

3 Likes

“You haven’t been a burden at all… Really…” Sarah said.

Leo smiled as he hugged Kyanna. “This reminds me of being back home in a way… Just missing Sarah.”

3 Likes

“It is a nickname given to me by multiple suitors. After a while it stuck.” Arrickay said.

“You are the nicest… I bet your boyfriend is lucky.” Grace said, before cutting into her pancakes delicately.

3 Likes

“Ahh.” Catina eagerly said. “Way back then. Did some Human males act like they had never seen a Woman before? Some of them sure have in this day and age.” Catina said and glanced at Aries. “Alex and Jarrod.” She said to Aries, and chuckled.

2 Likes

“Anyone touches or tries to touch my Catina, they are in for receiving my every effort at making them suffer.” Aries said.

“To answer your question, no. They were very respectful. However it is typically the female in our culture that would have asked the male.” Arrickay said.

2 Likes

“Oh… I don’t have a boyfriend…” Sarah said as she cut into her own pancake.

4 Likes

“Score one point for the ancient Humans over modern Humans.” Catina said. “For modern Humans, plenty of the guys think and need to be corrected of their mindset. “Me man. Me consider woman property.” When they actually start making me think murderous thoughts. Or in the case of Alex, almost get booted over the horizon by the Brute that didn’t care for the way he spoke to me on the planet Aeyn” Catina said to Arrikay, and the other two in the room as well.

“It would be a team effort to teach anyone the error of their ways.” Catina said to Aries.

“Oh, and may I ask you to assist me in getting that third Sentinel Beam back to our ship?” Catina also asked Aries. “If possible, I not only wish to find a way to charge these. But perhaps one of these Sentinel Beams could be placed onto you motorcycle to weaponise it, and the other two Sentinel Beams could be added to my Mongoose.”

2 Likes

“Where to?” Levi asked.

“My place is fine” Sasha replied, her voice quiet and shaky.

“Alright”

They soon approached her room, wheeling Vanessa inside before Sasha hobbled in behind them. Levi quickly pulled out a knife, cutting into the fruit while Sasha took a seat on the bed. Vanessa stared blankly at the ceiling, the medication taking a toll on her energy.

“Why pineapple of all things?” She muttered. “Watermelon…or strawberries would be better…”

“I just made a one-off comment-” Levi began.

“Scream, you screamed” Sasha cut him off, her normally pale face looking near ghostly.

“Right…So I just mentioned pineapple and she decided she needed some…”

Vanessa nodded, rhythmically petting the cat. Levi handed them pieces of the fruit, before going back to work cutting some off for himself. Sasha took a bite, looking slightly less distraught.

“Thanks by the way”

“You’re welcome” He responded, taking a bite.

“This team is weird…” Vanessa muttered.

“Tell me about it…”

Levi tuned to look at his new teammates, leaning against the wall while they ate in silence.

“Are you feeling alright?” He asked ro no one in particular.

“I’m fine…” Sasha answered, her voice nearly a whisper.

“You sound like you’re dying” Vanessa replied. Levi nodded, taking another bite.

“I’m fine…don’t worry…”

No, no you’re not… Levi inwardly interjected.

“You’re normally screaming at the top of your lungs, what’s wrong?” Vanessa questioned. Sasha ignored her, eating more of the pineapple before gagging.

“Are you sick? allergic to pineapple? what?” Levi asked. You better not be allergic, I payed good money for that thing…

4 Likes

“That is strange… It is sad that I am in this robotic armor, for I had quite the desirable form for most males. But I suppose it keeps me safe from the current male populace.” Arrickay said.

“No way, with how lovely and cute you look? Just… No way… I’m sure you could find anyone you liked.” Grace said, pouring gratuitous amounts of syrup on her cut pancakes.

4 Likes

Sarah blushed, “I tried to date William… but we drifted apart… I think it’s because I’m so loud and weird sometimes…”

4 Likes

If you are just like the Forerunners who occupy those bodies, then it is possible to appear as a holographic version of your human self. You would glow a…pinkish hue, as the color of your Warden body is." Catina said.

“How though, perhaps Midnight could help you learn that.” Catina told Arrikay.

“And we can leave this place now.” Catina said as she begun leading the way back to their Prowler, Roche Brasiliano.

2 Likes