Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

It was almost time. The Battle of Earth was in full swing now, and every stop had been pulled. Humanity’s last stand was underway. A shredded, burning navy hung in atmosphere above Earth, like a dark omen for the bloodier assault to take place on the ground below. The United Nations Space Command has dispatched a ship to quell the alien threat, however, now it hangs in low orbit, prepared to deploy hundreds of Orbital Drop Shock Troopers.

Sky was tired of this. Her homes were always destroyed. Kholo. Miridem. Tribute. She’d joined the Orbital Drop Shock Troopers now because of that. The Covenant had changed her life for the worst. She prepared with her squad to deploy into the already war ridden New Mombasa. She looked to her left at a girl with blonde hair.

“Hey… Is this your first drop?” Sky asked.

“Y-yeah…” She replied.

“This is my second… You nervous?” Sky asked.

“Yeah…” She replied.

“The name’s Sky… I’ll have your back.” Sky responded.

“I’m Grace, n-nice to meet you…” Grace said, shaking her hand awkwardly as she put on her gauntlets.

“Nice to meet you, Grace.” Sky smiled.

@Bigthwomp
@RuthlessSkate94
@German
@EvilLobsterKing
@Calebmar12
@RaptorTalon
@RedLynx23
@Winterstorm345

Kyanna was sitting alone in her pod… Waiting anxiously to be dropped, the sooner she dropped, the sooner her boredom would end. She double checked her assault rifle was loaded before looking down at earth "it seems so pretty from up here… So this is the homeworld of my kind…" She thought to herself

4 Likes

Winter polishes the Infinity on his shoulder, keeping it nice and fresh

2 Likes

Blake was checking the last of his equipment as a woman taller than him, almost looking like him sat next to him and patted his back.

“Ready little brother?” She asked happily. Hugging him. As he pushed her hair out of his face.

“Kaitlynn…” he responded, acting like he was annoyed but he cracked a smile.

“You’re my brother. I’m allowed to do this. Now lock and load. I’m surprised your taking this long.” She leaned in. “Considering your sadistic personality.” She whispered.

“Funny.” He said putting his helmet on. And loading a clip into his assault rifle Turing the reflex sight on. “Wir lassen Sie den Spaß beginnen, ja?” he said happily turning the safety off and putting his helmet on patting it, as he began walking over to his pod and loading up.

“There’s my favorite German.” She said watching him leave as she put her helmet on, checking her DMR and SMG. “Now…time for a good old jump!” She said going to her pod.

(Shall we let the fun begin, yes?")

4 Likes

Alex quickly finished suiting up, his aged and worn face wearing a grim expression as he checked and loaded each of his weapons.

“Ready?” He asked the young woman beside him as she swept her short black hair from her face, pulling her helmet on before replying.

“Ready as I’ll ever be” She sighed.

“Good to hear” He smiled, patting her on the back as they went to join the team.

2 Likes

“Alright, girls and guys, when we land, we’re rallying on me. Then we’re going to hunt down that Covenant Prophet, and capture him.” Butch explained. Sky saluted, putting her helmet on.

“Yes sir.” She said.

“Stay safe everybody, and if anything happens to me, Sky here is in charge. I think she has the most experience other than myself.” Butch said to the others.

2 Likes

“Yes sir, we get to sock it to the freaky basta**s?”

3 Likes

Blake nodded and saluted him as Kaitlynn did the same, handing Blake his sniper. “You forgot your favorite.” She said, as Blake waved his assault rifle in front of her.

“I meant Panzer.” She said, as Blake put his assault rifle in his pod and took it from her hand. “Oh thanks Kaitlynn, how could I forget my sniper rifle?” He asked putting it in his pod.

“Beats me, but you are a bit stupid.” She quietly giggled. “See you down below bub.”

She made her way to his pod and looked back at Blake as both nodded at each other. It was just another job to them. They would both watch over each other, they were the only family they both had. It was the two against the world.

3 Likes

Kyanna silently saluted and put her helmet on "here we go… First mission with the new team… Let’s hope this turns out all right" she thought

4 Likes

Sky walked with Grace. “So, where are you from?” Sky asked.

“I don’t like to talk about it.” Grace said.

“Oh… Well, I was born on Kholo… Then the Covenant attacked. Moved all over the galaxy, and it was tough…” Sky said.

“That’s horrible…” Grace said.

“Thanks for the sympathy, Grace.” Sky said, smiling. She felt like she had a friend now.

2 Likes

Winter spits before putting his helmet on, “Gotta clean up the home front, filthy scum touched our planet, despicable”

3 Likes

Kaitlynn tried to get into her pod but accidentally hit her head getting in. “Ow.” She quietly said.

“Oh hey, Blake.” She said opening a private comm with him. “You need to be social with this new team.”

“What? Why?” He asked confused, awaiting the drop.

Kaitlynn got into her pod and waited for the drop as well. “Because, I think being social and being friends with the team, could help break your depression. I’m not saying you need to be best friends with everyone, but I think it would be great if you had a few pals that would consider you the same.”

Blake rolled his eyes. “I’m f-” Kaitlynn cut him off annoyed. “No your not fine, Blake please, try and be social.”

3 Likes

Mariana doubted Sky being the most experienced. Or even Butch. But said nothing as she got into her pod.

Grim determination on her face. Her thoughts mostly on The UNSC being pushed back to Earth.

“We are on Earth…where she is. I did so much for what I thought was best for her. And that excludes the Earth being glassed.” She thought as she waited for everyone’s drop pods to be deployed.

2 Likes

OOC: and so it begins.

4 Likes

Alex rolled his eyes at Butch’s comment, though grateful that he wouldn’t be burdened with leading a team.

“See you down there, I’ll come find you when we drop” He said as Vanessa simply nodded.

“Cya”

They both entered their pods, prepping for drop. Alex quickly ran through different scenarios, prepping himself for the worst. A lone tear rolled down Vanessa’s cheek, her stomach churning with a bundle of nerves.

If I die…please make it quick…

3 Likes

Greg stood examing his assault rifle. He then turned looking at his helmet the reflection his neatly trimed beard in its visors reflection

2 Likes

Celosia looked disapprovingly at the squad, scoffing at Butch’s orders. She put her helmet on, slamming it down over her head. With as much grace as a pallet of bricks, she flung herself into her pod, and cracked her neck.

4 Likes

Greg placed his helmet over his head as he moved to his own pod

3 Likes

Leo tripped into his pod.

Sarah giggled as she watched.

“You’re the one that wanted to be a field engineer.” Samuel said as he helped Leo up.

“Ya… it’s a bit more fun like this instead of being in a lab.” Leo said.

3 Likes

“You okay, kid?” Butch asked Celosia.

Sky led Grace to her pod, before sitting in the one beside her. She could see her teammates preparing to drop, and a twinge of fear gripped her. What if something went wrong? She dismissed the thought and waited.

2 Likes