Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“Round two. Defend the garage.” came the disembodied voice narrating the simulation. Then a waypoint appeared in their huds.

“Challenge. You get to cuddle me in the best defensible corner of the garage, and we use our pistols to keep whoever wants that garage from kicking us out of it?” Catina asked Aries.

1 Like

Kyanna sighed “it’s okay” she said

2 Likes

“I’ll make sure to tell Leo to apologize as well…” Athena sighed.

2 Likes

“for what?” Kyanna asked

2 Likes

“For being so… worried about being a bad partner… he thought he was driving you away…” Athena said.

2 Likes

“no he wasn’t driving me away, otherwise i would have broken up with him” Kyanna said “i feel like he doesn’t trust me though, like if i go 5 minutes without you or him knowing my every movement i’ll go run off and kill an entire town or something” Kyanna said

2 Likes

Athena nodded. “I’ll tell him. To calm down and give you space if that’s what you want… he’s just scared to lose you…”

2 Likes

“he has nothing to be scared of” Kyanna said “i’m not some fragile little flower”

2 Likes

“I know. I’m sorry ma’am…” Athena said disappointed both in herself and Leo.

2 Likes

“Remember to use my advice.” Sky said to her with a smile.

“Challenge accepted.” Aries said.

1 Like

“Try to keep up!” Catina said as she took off running in her new armor, right through the armory and seeing the garage as it started filling up with Prometheans already.

“This way, up these crates.” Catina said over a com as she climbed onto a stack of crates and peeked inside at the garage’s top floor. She started letting off a volley of pistol rounds, killing two crawlers, leaving three more and a Soldier in the upper room.

“What req level are you?” Catina asked. “I am just about to level three, and may check what prizes I’ll have won when I get there.”

1 Like

“Uhhh… 2…” Aries rode on her shoulders.

1 Like

“Why did you just climb onto my shoulders? Now is not the time.” Catina said as she watched Aries get hit by hard light rounds, as seconds earlier Catina had taken cover that she just barely fit into.

1 Like

“Sorry” Aries said.

1 Like

"“Oh don’t worry about it. Let’s clear these as*holes out. Then start our plan, and hold this building.” Catina said as she stuck her pistol up over the ledge, and started shooting the Soldier while she was barely exposed.

1 Like

two months later

Damo had assembled a council of all the Keeps that were still pure of heart. Saham’s council and Kaidon were present, as well as Kay Nar Valium, leader of the Swords of Sanghelios contingent.

“We count 47 ships entering atmosphere around the planet. This is more than six times the number of ships Kay has. We can only hope they assault the Black Moons first. In these times we must call an alliance. You either stand with Borli or against it.” Damo said. “There is no neutrality anymore.”

Highland Station and the Dark Star zoomed through slipspace, Daylight committed to the Dark Star. Tom was on the bridge with his family.

“Mary, you are really killing me, you’re too cute.” Tom said as he cradled her. The girl laughed, only making Tom tighten his grip.

“Daddy, I love you!” She giggled uncontrollably as Tom tickled her.

The bridge crew smiled at this, it was nice to see their leader happy.

1 Like

“Hermes. Sit rep.” Catina said. “What information had you learned from all the data you helped Ruby with? First and foremost the ability to reload my weapon, a…Scattershot as I had learned it’s called.”

“Sky.” Catina said to her over a com. “Where are we going? And I am not sure we should be moving Highland Station around, where ONI can learn that it exists.”

1 Like

“Highland station is mobile. We had to move anyway.” Sky said. She was concerned for Ana, who remained on the station. Sky wanted desperately to hold her again. Beth was a Spartan now, and looking beside her, she smiled. “The armor fits, Beth. I like it.”

1 Like

“But where are we going?” Catina asked a second time. “And are we going to meet for a mission briefing, or whatever?” Catina also asked, as she was sharpening her Machete.

1 Like

“Gahlogali babyyyy!” Sky said happily. “It was so beautiful… I wish Ana could wake up, and we could be on the beach again… Or all of us, again, that would be cool.” Sky said. “I’ll give the brief.”

Grace stood beside Spetz with a smile.

1 Like