Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

It had been awhile since I checked my Data Pad. Catina thought. But because of all the hate messages for what I did with the simulation.

One month ago

Catina conspired with a Huragok to create a custom bonus round in the simulation. Shortly after it started, a Prowler would decloak and literally dozens of simulated Spartan III’s would swarm some unsuspecting victims.

Catina herself was there in first simulation with Leo, Athena, and Beth when the bonus round began, and she hid in plain sight from all the various S-III’s, included simulated Catina’s, by moving with them. Except laughing a little while firing her weapon at Leo, which was harmless to him in the simulation, but kept her safe until time ran out. Then she laughed even harder after the round ended.

1 Like

“Keep Sarah, Joanna, and the kids safe.” Sky ordered.

Grace stayed near Spetz.

Ruby walked around, managing her Prometheans.

“The entire planet?! The entire planet?!” Damo asked angrily. “More than half of the planet has been claimed by a heretical threat, and you have done nothing to hinder it. So you choose to not stand with us?”

“I love that Sangheili don’t care for clothes. I’m gonna take advantage of that.” Aries smiled at Cat.

Aries remembered her time in the simulation.

two weeks ago

Aries entered the simulation, and smiled. Dozens of Catinas were approaching her without armor, their only weapons were… Let’s leave that up to interpretation. Aries smiled and tore off her own armor, running into the crowd of Catinas that hugged and kissed her, and she stopped thinking about when it went beyond, but she still loved it.

1 Like

Blake looked up at Daylight and muttered something under his breath, before going back to just flipping the safety off and over, over and over, like an automated machine.

1 Like

Spetz walked over to the prometheans, he slowly tapped one with his finger

2 Likes

Joanna brought Josh over. “Hey… Babe… I want to say I love you… Be safe for me… I don’t know what I’ll do without my lovely Blake… Or what Josh would do without his Dad…” Joanna said.

“Hey, they have feelings, you know!” Ruby chided him.

1 Like

He just sighed in response and looked up, his face hidden behind his helmet.

1 Like

Spetz jumped in response as he saw Ruby, his head tilted to the side as he saw Alice instead. Spetz quickly shook his head in response to see Ruby “so you’re her” he said gruffly

1 Like

“I-I’ll miss you…” Joanna said, feeling like crying without a reply from her husband. “Th-the baby… He’ll miss you…” Joanna began crying.

“Yeah, quit messing with them.” Ruby said.

“I’ll miss you guys too.” He said.

1 Like

Spetz looked at Ruby and nodded “sorry, I haven’t been this close to one before”

1 Like

Joanna let Josh feel his father’s armor, his hand feeling the visor. Joanna cried, but quietly.

“You appreciate weapons like me, you’re cool.” Ruby said.

2 Likes

“my state has held their ground against this threat! every time they have assaulted us we have driven them back, and yet despite this you still treat my state as though we are all ignorant younglings who cannot even fight a colo, you force your troops into others lands when they are not wanted.” Vakam said

2 Likes

“How do you expect the attacks to stop?! This is corruption.” Damo shouted

“I fear Vakam has already fallen to the Moons. All that follow in denying this alliance will be snuffed out just as he shall be.” Tallium said

1 Like

He smiled seeing Josh hand on his VISR as he stood up and hugged them both.

1 Like

“my state has stood independent, keeping to the sangheili ways, and we will remain so, we will not bend knee to abominations who have thrown away their honor.” Vakam said

2 Likes

“Then you are against the planet.” Damo looked to the delegates of Movum, who had shown him disdain as well.

Joanna cried, she’d miss him too much.

1 Like

“it seems i am, both sides of this conflict are heretics, one side seeks to destroy the world while the other seeks to rule it as tyrants.” Vakam said “and you have been told countless times you are not welcomed in my borders yet you still send troops to my lands as if you own them, i will not stand for this anymore, if any of your troops set foot within my state they will be killed”

2 Likes

“I am a weapon” Spetz answered

2 Likes

Ruby giggled. “Are you trying to flirt with me?”

“Likewise. However you aren’t one to act offensively. Would any like to join them?” Damo asked.

1 Like

“Ruby, Athena and I need some help.” Hermes said.

2 Likes