Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“What?” Spetz blushed as he looked at her “I was just saying how I am a weapon”

2 Likes

3 other Kaidons stood to answer Damo.

“we do not act offensively because there is no need for it, there is no need to attack or invade your state, we simply want to keep invaders out of ours” Vakam said

2 Likes

“Uncle? Why did we not attend the meeting with the SOS?” Atan asked, as Esan looked to him. “Because, I believe Vakam will speak for us, while we prepare.” Esan responded.

2 Likes

“In these times we must act offensively to combat this threat.” Damo said.

1 Like

“indeed, but my state and its allies will do so without the help of the honorless abominations you command” Vakam said.

2 Likes

“I have resorted to what my ancient pre Covenant ancestors have developed. It is perfectly honorable, for I am continuing their legacy. It has proven to aid us in these dire times, as for every one of my warriors slain, a thousand of the Black Moons fell. They have weapons, and armor, superior to our own. The god-machines of Saham coupled with them, we are prepared to be unstoppable. What do you have? A broken code of a lie you are indoctrinated in?” Damo asked. Tallium glared at Vakam, he loved that he would not have to take his constant aggression any longer.

“And I like weapons.” Ruby smiled.

“Yes?” Ruby asked Hermes at the same time.

1 Like

“those ways were abandoned long ago because the sangheili found little honor in them obviously, your warriors have modified their bodies, taking away their honor and tainting their bodies.” Vakam said

2 Likes

“I like weapons as well” Spetz said as he looked at his DMR “well…some of them”

2 Likes

“So be it.” Damo said.

“Cute, a DMR.”

1 Like

“Cute?” Spetz asked jelously as he brought it closer to himself “it gets the job done”

2 Likes

Vakam clicked his mandibles.

“Kaidons, surly now is not the time for such an argument. An enemy fleet comes to destroy this planet, while an enemy on the planet is already trying to destroy it… we need to overcome these black moons soon, or else soon we will need to fight two wars at once.” Kay said

“why not abandon the planet? let the black moons have it, then when this fleet comes to destroy it they will wipe out the black moons?” one Kaidon said

“but what if the two sides band together? they would become an unstoppable enemy” another said.

“why not destroy the planet before either of them can then? have the Fleetmaster boil the ocean with his glassing beams, have the keeps destroy themselves while its citizens evacuate, leave nothing standing for either of these enemies to take… if we destroy the planet before they can it will become a useless waste of time for them.” a third Kaidon suggested.

2 Likes

(D*mmit where’s Esan when you need him?)

2 Likes

(you’re the one who decided to not have him there, you’ve got no one to blame but yourself)

2 Likes

(I didn’t even know you guys were gonna have this meeting till it was too late. If your gonna have a meeting with Kaidon, it’s best to inform me. Because no where did it say all Kaidons were attending.)

2 Likes

“You’re just like me with my robots. Try not to get too beat up out there.”

“What happens to us then? Our planet turned to a wasteland, because we could not deal with our own demons!? If they seek to take our great oceans, I will not allow it. They are what tethers the Swords of Sanghelios to us, it is our planetary trade for their aid in these crisises.” Damo said.

1 Like

Esan appeared as a hologram, deciding to see how the meeting was going, as he joined in as he heard Damo speak. “He still speaks? No wonder this has taken too long.” He said

2 Likes

“Damo does have a point” Kay said “however war requires sacrifice… boiling the oceans should only be a last resort”

2 Likes

“Movum… How kind of you to join us. We are just debating whether glassing what we have held with pride for a thousand years is a good idea or not, to destroy what beauty remains of our homes.” Damo growled. “That water keeps our planet protected. We cannot lose it.”

1 Like

“i find it to be a horrendous idea, if the enemy were to prevail over us then they should enjoy the spoils of war, deliberately destroying our homes just so they cannot have it is an act of cowardice” Vakam said

2 Likes

“Kay, you cannot face that large a group of ships… Even with your prestige, your gift for naval warfare. I recommend pulling your forces. Make guerilla strikes against the enemy, however we shall remain. Should we lose contact… The world is lost. Do what you please.” Damo said.

1 Like