Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

Sky held Leo a little longer before handing him his cup.

“You’re headed into a rather isolated ONI base in the BX7735 system. The planet doesn’t even have a proper name, we know it exists for knowledge needed over 50 years ago.” Jasper said.

2 Likes

“What would we be doing in an ONI base? Isn’t that kicking the hornets nest?”

2 Likes

“And what will we be doing there?” Cabis asked dreading his new sqaud

2 Likes

Leo smiled as he sipped it. He didn’t say a word after.

“Kaitlynn has a point.” Sarah and Samuel said simultaneously.

2 Likes

“We need to gather intelligence. We predict little enemy strength, but we’ll insert you stealthily anyway.” Jasper said

2 Likes

“What is our infiltration vessel” Cabis growled

2 Likes

“Still it’s ONI they’d rain hell fire on a bug that flew by a guard.”

2 Likes

“If needed I might be able to take down their security temporarily…” Samuel said.
“I can be a distraction if necessary.” Leo said.

2 Likes

“That would work, depending on how you’re going to.” Kailtynn asked taking another sip

2 Likes

Cabis looks at the other members of daylight “why was i not offered beverages?” He said in an overly harsh tone

2 Likes

“Ask Sky, not us.”

2 Likes

“I would need help, someone who can take a beating and be able to help me distract them.” Leo said.

2 Likes

“I can do that.” Kaitlynn said

3 Likes

Sky turned to Cabis. “I figured you might want one, I don’t know if you’ll like it or not. We drink it to wake ourselves up in the morning.” Sky said.

“Our infiltration ship is an Owl transport that we managed to dig up on Earth.” Jasper explained. “In the way of soldiers, the Office of Naval Intelligence is heavily armed, but lack numbers. Be watchful for traps and things.”

2 Likes

Kyanna silently listened

2 Likes

“I can scout ahead.” Sarah said.

2 Likes

“Understood, sir. Butch will be recovering the info?” Sky asked.

“Yes, Butch and his team are to recover it. You’re to work together with him. We should be exiting slipspace shortly… Prepare yourselves.” Jasper said, before leaving. “Good luck!” He called to them.

“No… I don’t want my squad taking unnecessary risks… You’re fine, Sarah.” Sky said.

Butch stood amongst several ODSTs, including Mariana. “You ready?” He asked her.

3 Likes

“Sky, as much as I don’t want us to take anymore risks, but scouting could prove very useful. It could give us an advantage.” Kaitlynn said finishing her coffee and readying to go to the med bay to see her brother before going to the armory.

1 Like

“I do not want any of your filthy human drink. But someone of my postion should always be asked” Cabis said glaring towards Sky malice in his voice

3 Likes

“But you’re letting Leo run in there to cause havoc and distract them?” Sarah asked Sky.

Samuel went to grab his gear.

Leo sat on the ground waiting for everyone. He sighed as he stared at the ceiling.

2 Likes