Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“Ah, allow me to introduce myself.” Catina replied. “I am a Spartan, who goes by the name of Shoya when it comes to Sangheili matters. And historically I travel to Gahlogali to lay on the beach and swim in the ocean…but wars always start shortly before I arrive. So I help defend this world instead.”

1 Like

“i see you still like to make yourself the center of attention Catina” the voice said as the Sangheili on the other end chuckled a bit

3 Likes

“Ri’ahman, you will lead the attack on the island. I will use my energies to bring you there, however you must act fast and without warning. Your brothers, they have tested their powers?” Agnus asked.

“Yes, father. And those who lack the gift are ready to fall.” Ri’ahman said.

“Excellent. Begin the attack.” Agnus ordered. A thousand of Lorang’s augmented Sangheili, as well as ten thousand of Agnus’ own, prepared to attack.

Rifts were torn open within Sotuv’s outer islands, and thousands upon thousands of Agnus and Lorang’s warriors charged through.

1 Like

Atan prepared his blade as the scarabs made it to the surface, the shields were still strong as a small crew began to prepare the Armageddon.

2 Likes

The mech avoided the scarabs, its armor brutally damaged as it continued its campaign of carnage.

Alphon charged Atan, and thrust his sword forward, attempting an easy kill.

“Beth…” Lucius grabbed her and pulled her to the side. “I’m leaving.”

1 Like

The scarabs fired it’s beams again, this time hitting the mechs.

Atan stopped out of the way and sliced his sword arm off and kicked him to the ground.

2 Likes

“It would seem so.” Catina said and laughed a little. “But in my defense, I believed a single member of Kay Nar Valium’s fleet did not know who I was. And I was wrong?” Catina added, and laughed with a little more enthusiasm.

1 Like

“i must admit it is good to hear you are all well” they responded to her

“what do you mean?” Beth asked

2 Likes

“Life has been far from perfect, but I imagine we are more fortunate than some.” Catina said as she moved with everyone else towards Valiynna. “The Hesduros covenant for example, how has life been for them lately?”

1 Like

“Beth… These people, they hate me… Beth… I can’t stay here. I don’t want to put you in danger.” Lucius took her helmet off and kissed her forehead as he hugged her. “I’m going far away. I will become perfect, and return to you, to become your most perfect guardian… I’m gonna do whatever it takes.” Lucius said. “Beth,” Lucius struggled to find the words, he never truly felt it before. “I love you.”

Valiynna waited for them inside the walls as mechs the size of buildings patrolled the streets. “I have strict orders to watch over my young. Follow me to the sanctum.” Valiynna ordered. Coupled with the mechs were the Gahlogali Warriors, and many of the unaugmented Sangheili fighters.

1 Like

“most of that covenant has been wiped out, but we must not get off track, we need to defend the planet” the speaker said.

the shield around the island the covenant had teleported on dropped and the swarm of seraph’s and banshees flew to it, bombarding the invaders with banshee bombs, while the islands own defenders fought the attackers off in wraiths, locust’s, and a scarab.

Beth smiled, a few tears streamed down one side of her face “i’ll miss you then” she said

2 Likes

“Good riddance.” Catina said. “And yes. New threats have a way of appearing after the old ones go away. At least we have a short break from this faction, who has run from a battle twice and counting.”

1 Like

Lucius held her, before walking off without a word. It would be the last time Beth saw her oldest brother.

Ready to deal with this, anti air cannons had been transported on to the island, and began tearing swathes in the enemy. Lorang’s soldiers dashed for the Scarab, and it took mere minutes to topple. The Locusts, lightly armored as they were, could not withstand the fuel rifles that they wielded.

Many of Lorang’s men died, and clawing their way from their corpses came monstrosities that clearly had been erected by Sha’ten. They leapt from their warplate and on to nearby Sangheili.

Agnus’ men did not falter in their near autonomous advance. They were bombed, lost limbs, but continued on as if nothing happened. They weren’t alive any longer, and they refused to feel pain.

Aries smacked the back of Cat’s helmet. “That’s her brother, they were having a moment.”

1 Like

a corvette rose out of the ocean and began bombarding the enemy AA guns, the moment the monsters had arrived Sotuv fought with more fury and vigor than ever before, they had grown experienced in fighting the black moons and their creatures, so they did not have much of an issue fighting them off. the keeps own massive turrets also destroyed any enemy force that moved.

2 Likes

Spetz nodded in response

1 Like

"What are you talking about?’ Catina asked Aries with a Data Pad message. “I am in a com with The Shadow of Qikost right now, with “good riddance” referring to the nearly wiped out Hesduros Covenant, who I doubt her brother is a member of.”

1 Like

“Order the retreat. We have accomplished what Sha’ten has required of us.” Lorang said.

Agnus tasted his own blood, but summoned his forces back to him. It was taxing, and required all his strength. He fell on to his trusted Ri’ahman, who held up his Fleetmaster.

A Pelican took off and soared away, carrying Lucius.

“Man, those are big.” Grace commented on the giants of Saham. They were now inside the sanctum, and Damo’s children huddled around their mother. Valiynna patted them gently.

“What is it you wish of us?” Valiynna asked.

1 Like

as the enemy AA guns fell the swarm returned to the island, Sotuv’s forces decimated the monsters of the black moons, they had fought this enemy almost daily for nearly a year, and they would not let their land fall.

2 Likes

“I am glad we could catch up. But I have business to tend to here in Borli Keep.” Catina informed The Shadow of Qikost. “We may be able to have a casual conversation later, but will more likely find ourselves in a battle or two soon.” Catina said, and she waited for a farewell reply before ending the com.

1 Like

“assuming we live that is” the speaker said as the comm was cut off

2 Likes