Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

Catina then exited the com and put away her Data Pad. Waiting on Leo, who she assumed was going to speak with Valiynna.

1 Like

Leo waited to speak to Valiynna.

2 Likes

“What is it you have come for?” Valiynna looked to Catina, and back to Leo.

1 Like

I apologise for being unaware of the fine details Valiynna." Catina said. “But we were sent here to seek an alliance with Borli Keep.”

1 Like

“There are… Many heads…” Alphon said as he died

The mech finally had a chain reaction, and erupted in an explosion.

Behind Atan, Alphon appeared, and once again ran at him. By now, it was only those two on the beach, their forces had moved elsewhere.

“Arr’Khan, these are the men that you call brothers?” Sha’ten asked. The augmented Sangheili nodded at the oncoming tide of red armored Sangheili. Arr’Khan was bare chested, and now wielded twin axes. One was of the fallen Grongar, and the other his own.

1 Like

Atan readied his blade and ducked, throwing it into his stomach as he charged at him. “Where do you hide coward? Your idea of tricks are foolish.” Atan said throwing the body off.

The scarabs began to inspect the city, as remaining warriors began to pick off stragglers.

1 Like

Alphon screamed as the blade impaled him, as Alphon attacked from a different angle. Alphon was also dead on the sand beneath the two.

“If you should seek an alliance, Borli is embroiled in conflict. We are going to save this defiant world.” Valiynna declared.

Lucius decided to stop by on one of the islands on the barrier of the pure Sangheili and the Black Moons. He wasn’t so much landing as he was shot down. He stepped off, his mighty Eidolon at the ready. It took time to attach the large backpack that his weapon required. Some of Grongar’s forces had fallen back here. He grinned as three approached with their weapons ignited. He leveled his weapon with the first, and fired. The relentless noise barrage melted the brain of the first Sangheili, causing him to fall. The other two fell to the ground, bleeding from their eyes. Lucius took off his helmet to admire his work.

“I have seen your desires, you have talent for perfection.” Sha’ten said.

“Thank you.” Lucius said.

1 Like

Atan deactivated his blade and threw a kick into the other.
“WHERE ARE YOU COWARD?!” Atan demanded.

1 Like

“Save it from who?” Catina asked. “There are still the black moons are there not? And we have a score to settle with those on the ships that are attacking Gahlogali. So yes, I see we could help save this world…which is nothing new to you and I with the Hesduros covenant, if you recall.”
“Soo, Help save this planet from one or both of those factions, and in return I would only wish for some vacation time somewhere on this Gahlogali…including a wedding. That is the offer I will personally make.”

1 Like

“We’ll have the wedding now.” Valiynna said.

“I can grant you that perfection.” Sha’ten said.

“No. I must do this myself.” Lucius said.

The third Alphon tackled Atan

1 Like

Atan roared as he punched the third in the face and grabbed ahold of his face, squeezing tightly and throwing his head to the side with full force, attempting to throw him off.

2 Likes

“What wedding?” Leo asked a bit confused.

2 Likes

Catina glanced at Aries for a second or two, then turned her attention back to Valiynna. “A generous offer. But how much time to prepare would we be allowed?”

“Aries and myself.” Catina replied to Leo. “And remember when I suggested that we take the Prowler over a Pelican? Mainly because of the Prowler’s armor changing station. I don’t think either of us want to get married while forced to wear our armor.”

1 Like

“right because a war torn hellscape is the perfect place for a wedding” Beth said

1 Like

“You’re telling me we came down here for a wedding?” Leo asked rather confused. “We have put everyone’s life in danger for a wedding?”

3 Likes

“Ok. How about also not living in our armor the entire time we are here?” Catina asked. “You may soon find out how much fun that isn’t.”

1 Like

“Jesus, if I have to die over a wedding, I’m coming back to haunt you dumb ■■■■■.” Blake said coldly.

1 Like

“You hear that Valiynna?” Catina asked her after Beth’s and Blake’s comments. “Maybe we could focus on the mission everyone was sent here first, then later Aries, you, and I could discuss this in private. And save two members of this team from acting so poorly, especially in this room meant to keep your children safe.”

“And to clarify Leo.” Catina told him in a nice tone. “The Wedding is what Aries and myself had been planning, and kept to ourselves until now.”

1 Like

“You said it yourself Catina, better get out before the you hurt the children.” Blake responded, giving off a smirk under his helmet.

1 Like

I think I let out enough rope for him to hang himself with. Catina thought as she simply waited for Valiynna’s response.

1 Like