Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“Okay, you’re serious.” Valiynna said. “On a serious note, with the weapons we have been using in battle, we will not win for years, and you Spartans are not even effective enough to combat the threat.” Valiynna sighed. “I can suggest… A desperate maneuver in exchange for our allegiance.”

Sky shook her head at Leo to tell him what to say.

1 Like

“one of our own fought the black moons for months though, and she was able to slaughter them without even getting scratched” Beth said

1 Like

“What would the maneuver be?” Leo asked.

1 Like

“Very serious.” Catina told Valiynna.

“Not effective enough? Do you remember the entire camp Rhak Leree had here, that I took out all by myself?” Catina asked Valiynna.

“Finally, there is something I wanted to ask” Catina said. “After I left for Rak Tann on that ONI Prowler, was that when The Black Moons became serious about taking over this planet? I suspect that ONI actually wanted to manipulate them into starting this war of theirs, rather than help The SoS fight the covenant.”

1 Like

“Why would ONI help the Sangheili at all, also Kyanna had been fighting them for years. Not just one single camp.”

1 Like

“Ha. Kyanna wore her armor and punched me in the back, sotuv keep had taught her quite well I’ll admit, but I am unconvinced she fought the black moons for years.” Catina replied, still facing Valyinna. “And obviously ONI manipulation is beyond the understanding of a sh*thead such as yourself.” Catina also told Blake without even turning to face him.

“Sorry about his continued troublemaking, and I will try to stay focused on the major problems here on Galogali.” Catina told Valiynna.

1 Like

Sky facepalmed.

“We will send you to destroy the Black Moons at the source. They still seek to eradicate everything. I believe the execution of Mato Mar will end this terror.” Valiynna said.

1 Like

“Troublemaking? You might want to rethink that statement and yes, Kyanna been fighting them longer than you ever have against them…before you screwed up and got her removed from her home.” Not wanting to put up with his lying ■■■■■■■■.

Leo nodded, “give us a few minutes.” He swapped to a private comm with the team. “What do you guys want to do?”

1 Like

“What do you mean?”

“In your little fantasy world I’m just pure evil maybe, where everyone you dislike is poorly behaved and even more poorly trained,” Catina replied, and scoffed at Blake.

“I would make good use of being ONI’s slave and killing thorns in their side, and go kill this Mato Mar. But that’s just me.” Catina said in response to Leo’s private com. “But I would also suggest leaving Blake out of this mission, he is at best mentally unstable, and only a bootleg LR Spartan IV anyway.”

“■■■■■! How stupid do you have to ■■■■■■■ be to be stuck Your little fantasy world! ALL YOU ■■■■■■■ DO IS BLAME OTHERS FOR YOUR ■■■■■■■■! ALL YOU’VE ■■■■■■■ DONE IS START ■■■■ WITH EVERYONE THEN BLAME IT ON THEN! YOU’RE THE ONLY POORLY TRAINED AND POORLY BEHAVED ■■■■■■■ AROUND HERE! HOW GOTT VERDAMMT STUPID ARE YOU TO NOT EVEN ■■■■■■■ NOTICE!” He said raising his voice as high as he could at her.

1 Like

“Both of you cut it out now.” Leo said. “Its not the time to do this. To clarify, do you all want to go in there and try to help them?”

2 Likes

Catina smiled beneath her helmet, and still hoped that Blake would physically attack her. But wasn’t surprised he would only go after Aries.

“I will choose to help Valiynna.” Catina told Leo as she brought out her Data Pad. “Especially when turning my back on her would insult everyone in this picture with me.” Catina added, showing Leo the years old picture of Valiynna, Nos, and Kay Nar Valium standing around Catina and slightly towering over her.

1 Like

“I want to, but it’s risky… Valiynna is saying dangerous things are out and about, I don’t want to find out what.” Sky said.

Aries hid behind Cat.

1 Like

“But blood hair fought these things for months, by herself, without a problem, you saw how she slaughtered them Sky” Beth said

2 Likes

“There’s something Valiynna isn’t telling us. What are those giant things they’re using?” Sky asked.

1 Like

“Ask her about it” Beth said

2 Likes

“Those covies and the black moons aren’t anything we hadn’t fought before.” Catina told Sky. “And maybe to err on the side of caution, perhaps we could arrange to have Ruby and some of her Prometheans teleport here if things do start going south for us?”

1 Like

Sky nodded at Beth’s suggestion. “Try asking her that.” Sky frowned. “We won’t be able to communicate for 5 days with the Dark Star.” Sky said.

1 Like