Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“what? no i meant ask the four jaws about the things they’re using” Beth said

1 Like

“Swell. Do we have a way to remove our armor, or are we stuck with no Prowler and thus no armor removal for the next five days?” Catina asked.

1 Like

“We can remove our armor. And yeah, Beth, I meant that.” Sky said.

Beth facepalmed “why would it take 5 days for you to ask the person standing ten feet from you about those giant things they are using?” Beth asked

3 Likes

“Don’t worry. I’ll ask Valiynna what those things are.” Catina told Beth. “Or well, anyone here can I imagine.”

1 Like

Sky facepalmed. “Beth, are you listening to me? I’m trying to reply to both of you, stop taking me so literally.” Sky laughed.

1 Like

Catina sent Beth a private com. “Oh dear, we just started ganging up on Sky and are starting to drive her crazy. How horrible of us…”

1 Like

“Hey you just reminded me… I’m thinking of going home soon” Beth replied to Cat in a private comm

2 Likes

“Visit our hideout again?” Catina asked over the private com. “I may wish to go there too. But perhaps just to take the rest of my belongings and my Gungoose, after leaving lots of belongings and my Motorcycle on The Short Straw before it exploded.” Catina said.
“Here and now however, we will be looking to prove ourselves to Borli Keep by assassinating Mato Mar. And I’ll try to match Kyanna’s fighting the black moons for years, without even a scratch. Because we both know she tries real hard to avoid injury.” Catina said half jokingly.

1 Like

“I dunno if she’s fought them for years, but we know she’s done it for over six months at least” Beth said “but yeah I’m thinking of just going home… I’m tired of all the fighting among this team, plus I haven’t been home in two years so I’d like to see if its still even there”

2 Likes

“It seems to be watered down nowadays. But maybe I am just used to Spartans and ODST’s not getting along with each other.” Catina said. “If you do go, perhaps I could tag along, and first of all cover each other in case the space pups got in and think it’s their home now.”

1 Like

“Who knows maybe there’s a horde of them in there now” Beth said

2 Likes

“Hey, who knows.” Catina replied in the private com. “Maybe the long dead Admiral Greg used some ONI wizardry and knew the hideout’s existance and location. And probably left a passive-aggressive note in our hideout.”

(Off to work. Be back in a few hours.)

1 Like

Beth just shrugged in reaponse

2 Likes

“Oh my gosh I didn’t mean that, Cat.” Sky said. She went to Leo. “Okay let’s just ask her what’s up with the big guys, we’re losing the team so we need an objective.” Sky said.

1 Like

Atan got up and slammed his foot down on the side of Alphons face.

2 Likes

Tom tried to get the ship behind the moon and failed, the fleet from earlier had already returned to catch him. Fleetmaster Urze began the engagement. He deployed his unaugmented forces in earnest through drop pods, piercing the Dark Star. The Prometheans began their hunt to kill all hostile invaders.

1 Like

“What are the large things fighting with you all.” Leo asked.

2 Likes

Explosions and deck fires ravaged the ship. Mary was scared, her mom had just left the room to get her breakfast minutes before the attack started. She grabbed her puppy Melanie, and opened the door. The hall was empty, and sirens continued to blare. She cautiously made her way to the cafeteria to find her mother, each step she took made her more and more fearful. “Mommy…” She said softly as she reached the end of the hall.

“These are the Knights of Gahlogali… While humanity created the Demons, we have developed the superior soldier, a god in their own right.” Valiynna said. "I will send my best to accompany you in this mission

2 Likes

The lights of the containment area quickly shut off as two green eyes shot out of the dark, all the cell doors opened as the ship rattled. Zorya let out a crooked smile as he remembered Nostradamus’ last words before his untimely death “the old man was right” he muttered as he was interrupted by the sounds of battle.

Prisoners swung at and fought guards with their bare hands as the guards tried to subdue them, it was no use. Zorya finally walked out of his cell and started to stretch himself as the red emergency lights came in, shadowing the room in a dark color as the flashes of ARs sprayed the room.
“I’ve been waiting for this for a long time…” he said to himself as a shotgun was firmly placed in his behind.

“Your not the only one who’s been waiting a long time” a rasply voice said behind him as Zorya looked forward to the carnage and chuckled “warden? Is that you? I would never expect the warden of MY cell block to hate me. Was it the constant fights? Or maybe that shank I lost in your stomach”

“I hope there’s a special pit just for your kind in hell” the voice said as Zorya quickly answered him. “As for you” with lightning speed Zorya turned around and bit into his neck, ripping out his airway and spitting it out. “You should’ve just shot” he said spitting the bloody remains out of his mouth back at the Warden who was chocking on his own blood. Zorya grabbed the shotgun as he looked at it in his hands, it was a glorious sight to see to him as he got tackled by a brute.

“Been looking for you Zorya” the brute said snarling. “Did you really think the Forsakens would forget to get back at you for that unknown tip? We know all” He said as he got a full clip of an AR unloaded into him by a guard. From underneath his body Zorya pulled the trigger of his shotgun as he blasted the guard to the wall. He quickly stole his AR as he unloaded a fresh clip into it looking to see if other prisoners also started taking their weapons as well. Boots were heard stomping in the halls as the crowd control forces rushed in, flashing their flashlight attachments around the room as more fighting took place between the two sides. I do not have a lot of time Zorya thought to himself as he ran in between prisoners fighting each other, and other guards until he found an elite guards body, he quickly dragged it into a cell as the ship rattled even harder, causing more fires to start throughout the ship as smoke filled the air.

“This place is coming apart…” Zorya said as he quickly changed into the elites armor and peered out the cell, shooting another guard that was being held down by a bunch of prisoners
“We just need to run!” A prisoner said holding his head. “The guards are even leaving themselves, this whole subsection might rip off we just have to run!” He said as he made a break across the hall but was hit by a stray bullet from the retreating wardens.

Zorya quickly ran between the corridors as smoke went into his breathing airways, causing him to rub his eyes and cough Ok, turn right here he thought to himself as he remembered the layout of this containment center Nostradamus had shown him. This was the final step of the plan they so carefully planned to escape with together. If only you were here… Zorya thought to himself as he reached the room. He quickly charged through the door as he shotgunned the personnel at the desk. A glimmer got Zorya’s eye, it was his armor. Zorya let out a tear as he placed it on him as he also held his energy sword, squeezing it with his hand as he felt the mold around his fingers. He smiled as a sound erupted from behind him, it was a guard desperately trying to open the emergency exit out of the jail.

“Billy? Is that you?” Zorya chuckled as Billy quickly moved his head around, trying even faster to unlock the door with his card. Zorya slowly walked to him with his energy sword engaged as Billy kept frantically trying to open the door “COME ON COME ON!” Billy screamed as he saw Zorya’s shadow growing behind him, he quickly turned around to face him as he pressed his back into the door. “Listen, 1891, I didn’t mean any of it!” He cried as Zorya stabbed him with his sword, the red blade appeared on the other side of the door as it slowly opened, revealing Zorya as he de-activated his blade. “Apology accepted” Zorya said as he placed his blade back on his belt This is for you Nostradamus he thought as he ran forward, going somewhere for the first time in what seemed like forever to him.

4 Likes